Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mynameisjeremy

I'm thinking about starting Dan's Regimen.

I have been reading up on Dan's regimen and it sounds like people are seeing results. I have pretty bad acne as you can see so I was wondering if you thought this would be effective for me. I have Cetaphil Cleanser, Epiduo (which was 2.5 BP) and Burts Bees moisturizer. Should I use all 3 of these or do I need to buy a new cleanser, BP, and moisturizer? I will be doing this regimen along with taking minocycline, which my derm prescribed me. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

post-144948-1296431890_thumb.jpg

post-144948-1296431899_thumb.jpg

post-144948-1296431890_thumb.jpg

post-144948-1296431899_thumb.jpg

Wait...you do realize if you put as much epiduo on as Dan's regimen calls for your face will probably fall off? Epiduo is meant for you to use a little bit (pea size) once a dan. Dan's regimen calls for plain BP to be used in copious amounts twice a day. So you should do a little more reading about it. Also..I don't think Burts Bees moisturizer is good if you have acne. I would stop using it ASAP and get cerave or cetaphil (I prefer cerave). I don't have much experience with Burts Bees, but if it doesn't specifically say for acne it will probably clog your pores, and if it is a moisturizer "for acne" it will medicate, which will over dry your skin if you use it with BP.

So a quick answer: No, do not use epiduo instead of the normal BP

Get rid of the Burts Bees

Either do a regimen with epiduo or Dan's regimen with normal BP/normal moisturizer

Thanks a lot! I spent a pretty penny for the Epiduo, but I've been using it for over a month with no results. I still have like 3/4 of the tube left. Do you think I should continue on Epiduo with my minocycline and finish it out or do the minocycline with Dan's regimen?

I think you should keep doing epiduo. It takes a long time to work. Id say if you really havent seen results after another month then you should switch. You can do mino with the regimen, but just remember like all anti-bacterials you will probably become immune eventually, and its not too healthy for your overall health. I would highly look into taking supplements. What i recommend is:

A lot of fish oil (like 2000mg at least), zinc monothionine (30-60 mg a day), vit D 1000-3000 IUs a day. Those have helped me a lot. Also, remember to use epiduo once a day. Also, you could look into using a second topical (like epiduo at night and product X in the morning). That could help also.

I am currently using epiduo at night and a sulfer product during the day (i use cerave lotion on top of the epiduo). I also take the supplements i mentioned. My skin has been looking really good for a while. I also wash my face with purpose cleanser which is really, really good (no added crap which could potentialy break you out)