Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jaysjay

very tiny pinpoint bumps

hi i am on accutane 20 mg and in my 8th month, from last one month i have been taking 20 mg every other day, and recently i have started to experience strange pinpoint very very tiny bumps on my face which appear in the morning and vanish by the night, i have been getting them in numbers now, like i can count around 4 presently but they are going to dissapear soon only to make way for some new ones ,what is this thing happening to me, my skin is super dry as well.

I used to have a similar problem like this. My derm prescribed this stuff called Clindamycin phosphate lotion for the tiny dry bumps behind my nose. It worked very well. :)

i am still facing the same problem can anybody help its becoming disturbing a bit after a period where i got no such bump they have come back from last one week or so after i used a sunscreen.

I am going through the same thing. When my face is wet and freshly exfoliated, my skin is smooth. Once it dries, I can feel little tiny bumps when I run my hands across my face. I believe these bumps are called milia. I finished my Accutane course about one month ago, so I have read that these little bumps are caused by your skin producing its normal amount of oil again but the oil is getting caught under the skin, causing the little 'oil bumps'. I have a dermatologist appointment tomorrow morning. I am going to ask her why I have these bumps on my cheeks and jawline. My skin is clear, but it feels rough and uneven.

I'll post here tomorrow after I talk to her.

Edited by Sima

I am going through the same thing. When my face is wet and freshly exfoliated, my skin is smooth. Once it dries, I can feel little tiny bumps when I run my hands across my face. I believe these bumps are called milia. I finished my Accutane course about one month ago, so I have read that these little bumps are caused by your skin producing its normal amount of oil again but the oil is getting caught under the skin, causing the little 'oil bumps'. I have a dermatologist appointment tomorrow morning. I am going to ask her why I have these bumps on my cheeks and jawline. My skin is clear, but it feels rough and uneven.

hello mate how did your meeting turn out. do your bumps come and go within a day?

also,do you have an extremely dry and flaky skin now post accutane?

Edited by jaysjay

hello mate how did your meeting turn out. do your bumps come and go within a day?

also,do you have an extremely dry and flaky skin now post accutane?

Hey! She confirmed my beliefs. The skin is returning to producing normal oil amounts so the little bumps are forming because of that. My skin is still a little dry, but not flaky a month after Accutane. However, the dryness is very manageable and it is getting better as the days go by. I'd take a dryness on the face over acne any day. :) On some days the bumps are really noticeable but on others they don't even exist.