Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm so upset:( I've been staying really clear with Spiro and Retin-A after a horrible break out a few years ago but today I woke up with about 10 deep painful bumps on my face. UGH! It's been so long since I broke out this bad I forgot how horrible it feels. I skipped out on work today even though I really needed the money...I can't deal with the "omg what happened?!" My derms office is closed so I went to a walk in clinic and they said it looked like a bacterial thing and gave me 10 days of Doxy. I can't imagine where this came from, like I said I haven't broken out for YEARS and I haven't really tried anything different :think: I might stay home again tomorrow too depending on how this looks/feels in the morning.

BTW I'm a long time lurker. I LOVE this site.

Oh that's awful :( I'm sorry to hear that your acne is back. Perhaps the problem is hormones or stress? I hope your acne goes away. Don't pick at it! Leave it alone and I'm sure it will go down in time. Don't be so worried about people seeing you with it. Acne is a common thing and I'm sure most people won't freak seeing you like that. If they ask just say you don't know what caused it and you're taking care of it. I don't think anyone will judge you for it.

That is very weird and scary...I wonder what happened. Have you eaten anything especially bad this past week? Or done anything unusual?? Retin-A doesn't just stop working. If i were you I would highly recommend keep doing your normal regimen and don't change anything, that will make it worse. I have a strong feeling that it will go away soon...probably just a freak accident

Thank you for the replies! I have been under alot of stress lately and I haven't been eating all that great. That could be it. I also had a facial a few days prior and maybe my skin picked up some bacteria or the products clogged me up.My skin was peeling soo bad this morning and it's still really red so I'm hiding another day. I can't believe I was actually jealous of watching my bf get ready and go to work normally. I told him "must be nice to have a NORMAL day'' lol. I HAVE to re enter society tomorrow (lol) I'm so broke and I don't want to deal with making anything up for school. It'll be good to get away from the mirror at least :boohoo: