Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
1betterlife

UPDATE- Started spiro on 12/13/2010

I just wanted to give you all an update on my progress with spiro. When I first started taking it I swear it m ade my skin worse. I know most doc say there is no IB but I had one or mybe my hormones were ust going crazy. Well I got so sick feed up with waking up to another new cyst pimple I decided to up my dose. So now I take 25mg three times a day instead of 50 mgs a day. I know I should follow my doctors orders but I cant say I regret it. I increased my dose about a week ago, I also cut milk out of diet and bought oil obsorbing sheets. Since then every cyst pimple has gone away. And I havent gotten a new one. I know its onlly been a week but I am shocked and I hope this continues. So i dont know if its the milk, oil sheets, or the fact that I increased the spiro. Maybe its all three. Oh I also stopped taking all the vitamins I was taking. Im so affraid to change anything. I wil let you know if my skin continues to improve or if i am just having good luck.

hi! congrats! don't you think you should just tell your doctor to up the dose? be careful managing your own meds! get your potassium levels checked just in case....after 2 months, my doctor and i upped my dosage from 25 mg twice a day to 50 mg twice a day. i'm seeing improvement for sure.

take care and be careful!