Notifications
Clear all

What Should My Next Step Be? (Pictures Included)

MemberMember
(@mynameisjeremy)

Posted : 01/30/2011 2:52 pm

So I had very mild acne but it never totally went away with the use of Proactiv, Neutrogena, and Burts Bees. I went to a derm who gave me Epiduo. This caused me to break out and I then was prescribed minocycline, which has caused an even greater breakout. I included pictures for you to see what type of acne I have. Both of my cheeks are covered, where I used to have two or three pimples max four months ago. I am a male freshman in College and would appreciate any advice.

post-144948-1296417149_thumb.jpg

post-144948-1296417156_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 01/30/2011 5:49 pm

Well I would say that antibiotics are not the way to go. So you are right not to want to be on those.

As for another product to try, perhaps Dan's regimen? If you are not interested in using BP anymore, maybe attempt a retinoid such as Retin-A, or even Tazorac? It is unfortunately a very individual basis that acne effects each of us so what worked for one person may not work for you.

Don't give up hope though. Have a few products in mind and go to your derm with the suggestions. You two can work together to figure out the next step. In the meantime, continue to research around here. The org is an invaluable tool with a wealth of information. If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me or make a thread in the appropriate subforum.

Good luck! =)

MemberMember
(@mynameisjeremy)

Posted : 01/30/2011 7:47 pm

I will try that. Is it ok for Dan's regimen to use Cetaphil Cleanser, Epiduo (2.5 BP) and Burts Bees moisturizer or should i start from scratch?

MemberMember
(@chechino)

Posted : 04/16/2015 6:52 am

Hey, jeremy, I'm in a similar condition as yours. I had a not that bad acne and epiduo worsened it. I know it's' been a long time but i'd like to know if epiduo finally worked for you or what did you do about it. Anyway, I hope you are okay and I'd appreciate that you could answer to me since I'm pretty desperate