Notifications
Clear all

Best dermatologist in LA in regards to acne scars?

MemberMember
(@matterofwhen325)

Posted : 01/29/2011 9:46 pm

Anyone residing in Los Angeles who knows of a dermatologist that they've had personal success with in regards to acne scarring? Thanks in advance.

MemberMember
(@sanjoseskin)

Posted : 01/11/2013 7:35 pm

Also seeking a great Dr in Socal Los Angeles area.

Any new recommendations from anyone?

MemberMember
(@meg-m)

Posted : 01/11/2013 8:46 pm

Only had 1 laser treatment by doc in L.A. area. Hope to be able to return for second treatment in 1.5 mos. Not making any formal recommendations yet.

If you live in SoCal, my goodness, I feel like you're in the right place for your problem. I live in the DC area and having to fly clear across the country for treatments is no picnic.

MemberMember
(@sanjoseskin)

Posted : 01/11/2013 10:07 pm

Only had 1 laser treatment by doc in L.A. area. Hope to be able to return for second treatment in 1.5 mos. Not making any formal recommendations yet.

If you live in SoCal, my goodness, I feel like you're in the right place for your problem. I live in the DC area and having to fly clear across the country for treatments is no picnic.

L.A. is the perfect place for breast implants and face lifts. Doctors aren't concerned with acne scars. I have yet to find a doctor here who specializes in acne scar revision. Hoping someone can suggest one.

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 01/12/2013 12:12 am

I agree with sanjoseskin. I don't think there is "best doctor" in LA or Orange County for acne scar treatment. There is nothing glamorous about treating acne scars. There's a heck of a lot more money in opening a medispa for wrinkle and sun damage treatment. This has to be the most superficial city I've ever lived and there's tons of money to make off the superficial.

For me, I had to determine the best treatment for my type of scarring and then look for a competent doctor. It required a lot of research, many consultations and year of frustration before I met a doctor who I felt I could truly trust to do my Total FX treatment. However, I also hit many walls along the way and took a few steps backward in the severity of my scars during my journey in Los Angeles. I don't think there's a simple answer for the best doctor for "acne scars". There are many quack doctors out here and just as many seeking "celebrity" status. It's a journey to find the right one for you. I honestly think there are so many options in LA that it becomes overwhelming to settle on one. Going in with realistic expectations of someone, who is qualified to treat your type of scarring, is your best approach. Find a couple who make you feel comfortable and then choose. Otherwise, you could be going in circles forever in SoCal. Of course, this is just my opinion.

MemberMember
(@sanjoseskin)

Posted : 01/12/2013 1:25 am

I agree with sanjoseskin. I don't think there is "best doctor" in LA or Orange County for acne scar treatment. There is nothing glamorous about treating acne scars. There's a heck of a lot more money in opening a medispa for wrinkle and sun damage treatment. This has to be the most superficial city I've ever lived and there's tons of money to make off the superficial.

For me, I had to determine the best treatment for my type of scarring and then look for a competent doctor. It required a lot of research, many consultations and year of frustration before I met a doctor who I felt I could truly trust to do my Total FX treatment. However, I also hit many walls along the way and took a few steps backward in the severity of my scars during my journey in Los Angeles. I don't think there's a simple answer for the best doctor for "acne scars". There are many quack doctors out here and just as many seeking "celebrity" status. It's a journey to find the right one for you. I honestly think there are so many options in LA that it becomes overwhelming to settle on one. Going in with realistic expectations of someone, who is qualified to treat your type of scarring, is your best approach. Find a couple who make you feel comfortable and then choose. Otherwise, you could be going in circles forever in SoCal. Of course, this is just my opinion.

Hi inspired!

I feel like I'm going in circles myself.

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 01/12/2013 2:15 am

Some people on here recommend Dr Rahimi : http://www.foreveryoung.net/practice-dr-rahimi.html

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 01/12/2013 3:04 am

Some people on here recommend Dr Rahimi : http://www.foreveryo...-dr-rahimi.html

I am aware of one person on this forum who "recommends" Dr. Rahimi for scar treatment and his recommendation is based on his experience. I think Rahimi is worth a consult. I consulted with him. He treated one of my scars.

Have you been treated by him, acnescar123? If so, would you recommend him based on your experience and improvement? If yes, then I know of two people on this forum.

Hi inspired!

I feel like I'm going in circles myself.

We've exchanged private messages in the past. I definitely feel your pain! For me, I just had to make a move before another year passed me by... So far, no regrets with my latest doctor pick, but I'm still waiting for more collagen remodeling! Will it happen? I don't know at this point. If not, I'll be going in circles again with you in a few months. It's frustrating!

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 01/12/2013 9:28 am

Some people on here recommend Dr Rahimi : http://www.foreveryo...-dr-rahimi.html

I am aware of one person on this forum who "recommends" Dr. Rahimi for scar treatment and his recommendation is based on his experience. I think Rahimi is worth a consult. I consulted with him. He treated one of my scars.

Have you been treated by him, acnescar123? If so, would you recommend him based on your experience and improvement? If yes, then I know of two people on this forum.

Nope I haven't and think you should always see >1 doctor if you have the opportunity, but quite a few people recommend him on here.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/315693-asian-doing-mixto-for-acne-scars-on-cheeks

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/324141-had-an-appointment-with-dr-rahimi-rahimi-but-not-sure-if-i-need-mixto-please-comment/

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/322481-hi-i-am-an-asian-woman-with-acne-scars/

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/316252-need-advice-for-my-scars-picture-included/page__st__20

etc

MemberMember
(@meg-m)

Posted : 01/12/2013 7:23 pm

Sanjoseskin and Inspired:

It's a great place to be in terms of all of the lasering options and tons of practitioners who utilize lasers. When there's a lot of competition, you have to keep prices competitive. In addition, as an Asian, I wanted to go somewhere where I could be assured that they have treated a lot of people of color. I mean A LOT. And ASIANS.

I'd love to move to SoCal if I could. Superficial or not. :)

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 01/12/2013 8:06 pm

Sanjoseskin and Inspired:

It's a great place to be in terms of all of the lasering options and tons of practitioners who utilize lasers. When there's a lot of competition, you have to keep prices competitive. In addition, as an Asian, I wanted to go somewhere where I could be assured that they have treated a lot of people of color. I mean A LOT. And ASIANS.

I'd love to move to SoCal if I could. Superficial or not. smile.png

That's true too. LA is not home for me. I came here for scar treatment. After one year and five months, I am a bit jaded by my experiences at this point. I didn't feel this way when I first landed here, and was actually opposed to laser during my first six months here. I still don't believe laser is the right approach for all skin types and scarring. You do however have lots of options in SoCal. Just be thorough in your research. Go on a few consultations until you find the doctor that seems right for you, your skin type, and type of scarring.

Sorry if this doesn't help much.

MemberMember
(@casi198920)

Posted : 01/14/2013 7:45 pm

Hi Inspired,

I sent you a PM about doctors in LA and it says it has not been read yet.

If you get a chance I would appreciate if you could take a look.

Thanks