Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

dead and dry skin (Pictures included)

It's called dead skin cells. Exfoliate already and be done with it. But of course, considering those are from like, 1 cm away from your face, it's unlikely people actually notice it enough to think anything of it.

And for the 29372837th time, I do not see scarring. At this point I might as well save a copy of an answer stating exactly these three things:

1) Exfoliate.

2) You do not have scars.

3) Seek some counseling for your obsessive tendencies.

And just paste that every time I reply here. Would save me time.

Guest Timehealsall

yes i know they are dead skin. I was wondering though, could dead skin be covering scars? (Shallow scars)?

If you knew what it was, then why did you ask what it was?

And no, it is not covering scars. The dead skin layer is SO thin, that if it were covering scars you would SEE them. I have been over this numerous times. Seriously, just get over your ridiculous paranoia, exfoliate, and rejoice in your scar-less skin.

Yes, you can has a cookie.

Also Time, just exfoliate, please, like ashley said, our sanity depends on it.

You exfoliated a few days ago didn't you? you haven't broken out yet have you? i think its safe to use it all over your face now.

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the REMNANTS OF OUR SANITY. Lolz, get it? Soap opera reference!!

I believe he did it like, a week ago. And only on a small portion of his face. But he clearly is just obsessing over scars that don't exist under a very thin layer of dead skin cells. So THAT is making him not want to exfoliate, but then he bitches about dead skin. I just don't get it.

>implying i watch soap operas

And i've no idea what to say about his scar obsession.

Hes worried he has scars under the dead skin, but he wont exfoliate it to find out, but hes constantly complaining about dead skin, BUT HES ALSO ALWAYS ASKING IF HE HAS SCARS.

Exfoliation would solve all of this, if, somehow, there was a slight possibility there were scars under that dead skin, he would never know unless he exfoliated, and even if there WERE (And i'm not saying there are) but if there were scars under the dead skin, they'd be so tiny and unnoticable that no one would notice.

/old person voice: Back in my day, a scar was something you got from getting stabbed in the war, and it was something to be proud of. son. /old man voice

Guest Timehealsall
>implying i watch soap operas

And i've no idea what to say about his scar obsession.

Hes worried he has scars under the dead skin, but he wont exfoliate it to find out, but hes constantly complaining about dead skin, BUT HES ALSO ALWAYS ASKING IF HE HAS SCARS.

Exfoliation would solve all of this, if, somehow, there was a slight possibility there were scars under that dead skin, he would never know unless he exfoliated, and even if there WERE (And i'm not saying there are) but if there were scars under the dead skin, they'd be so tiny and unnoticable that no one would notice.

/old person voice: Back in my day, a scar was something you got from getting stabbed in the war, and it was something to be proud of. son. /old man voice

hmm, i asked some other people on this forum, and one sad i have slight scarring with very bad skin texture. Yet you guys say my skins normal? :(

I wasn't implying, I was just being lame ;)

Yep, exactly that. I don't understand why people are SO obsessed with scars. I mean, if he had permanent/raised/indented scars, he'd know under the dead skin cells. But if it's just pigmentation, it fades.

Guest Timehealsall

Yep, exactly that. I don't understand why people are SO obsessed with scars. I mean, if he had permanent/raised/indented scars, he'd know under the dead skin cells. But if it's just pigmentation, it fades.

the things that are raised of mine are actually hard to feel. When you touch the area, it feels flat. But in certain angles, its raised?

the thing is, it looks like I DO have indents when i look at myself in real life. But maybe it doesnt show in pictures? Do indents always show up in pics?

If it FEELS flat, then it probably IS flat. And it probably LOOKS raised because you refused to exfoliate dead skin, which DOES look raised even when it FEELS smooth.

You probably imagine them. Or see them from a 1mm distance and say OMG I HAZ SCARZ!

Guest Timehealsall

so i just got back from the dermatologist. He said my flaking/dead skin on my face is really bad, and he told me to use lactic acid (he wrote down the exact product) on my face. He also looked at my face for scars (but not in the lighting i wanted him to), and in the lighting he did look at (i guess normal light?) he said i have very shallow scarring.

He also confirmed that i did have this weird wavy look to my skin on the area where i have PIH. he said that he thinks these areas are still healing and should hopefully go back to normal.

I wanted him to look at my skin in harsh lighting (Asked him to see my skin next to the window where sunlight would be coming and hitting my face, and also right under a lamp there), but he said he did not want to..

So he basically said that you need to exfoliate and that your scarring is VERY minimal, and a lot of it will likely fill back out. So... basically what all of us have said. I've had PIH scars that were shallow, and after a few weeks to a few months they filled back in and were no longer indented.

I don't blame him for saying that he did not want to, seeing as your skin is fine, minus the dead skin that can easily be removed in minutes gently with a washcloth :/ And hell, the dead skin could easily have thrown him off about the texture of your skin. So, exfoliate already.

Guest Timehealsall

mines has been there for 7 months from a big breakout i had. So hopefully it goes back to normal.

i forgot to ask my derm some things though, and i am very upset about that.

:(

In my experience, any pimple that I pick quite a bit (especially one which scabs over, or reappears in the same spot many times) is likely to be a bit shallow for a while. Which I would assume is normal, if the cause is picking away at layers of skin multiple times in that one spot. So, I'm sure it will go back to normal.

Guest Timehealsall
In my experience, any pimple that I pick quite a bit (especially one which scabs over, or reappears in the same spot many times) is likely to be a bit shallow for a while. Which I would assume is normal, if the cause is picking away at layers of skin multiple times in that one spot. So, I'm sure it will go back to normal.

thats awkward, because i never, ever, ever, pick at my pimples (unless rubbing over them is picking)

In that case they probably are not indented, but simply LOOK indented because you refuse to exfoliate. And if they ARE indented, it's probably far too shallow for any normal person to notice unless they said "Hey, do you mind if we sit here under this fluorescent light for a good 30 minutes while I look at your face with my giant magnifying class that allows me to see your skin enlarge 400 times?"

Guest Timehealsall
In that case they probably are not indented, but simply LOOK indented because you refuse to exfoliate. And if they ARE indented, it's probably far too shallow for any normal person to notice unless they said "Hey, do you mind if we sit here under this fluorescent light for a good 30 minutes while I look at your face with my giant magnifying class that allows me to see your skin enlarge 400 times?"

man i dont even know.. im really depressed with my skin. The fucking mirrors playing tricks on my mind.

Guest Timehealsall
Stop worrying so damn much.

Hey jschuster, what do you think of my skin? Do you see any pitted scars?

I cant stop worrying.. i just cant. I cannot help myself.

Hey!

I have only two things to say.

1.The Tip

I would recommend getting products from MD formulations. Ive used these in the past and they made my skin look awesome. They are quite expensive though!

2. The Truth

i know you are frustrated but i have to agree with some of the posters here that you are overreacting.

Its your own mind that is fucking with you!!

I also have acne and scarring and wish for a bettre skin.

Here is what happened to me today:

I went to work as usual and in my job there is a guy that is vell pretty handsome(im not gay)haha but you can see it anyway. His skin looks amazing and the girls love him.

Today he came back from a two week vacation i turkey and was really tan. His skin looks like porcelain allmost. Than he came into my office during the day and i saw that his skin actually isnt perfect and if i had his skin(which i have wished for several years) and went to the bathroom to look at myself in the mirror i would still be depressed and displeased.

So what im trying to say is that i understand how you are feeling and have it the same way as you. But today i really understood that so much of my uglyness was only in my head.

Dont meen no disrespect. only wanted to tell you about my experience.

And keep fighting the problems =)

Cheers

man i dont even know.. im really depressed with my skin. The fucking mirrors playing tricks on my mind.

Can't you spend your money or health insurance on getting psychological help for your obsessive problems, rather than going to a derm?

No matter how many times people tell you that your skin is fine and there is no visible trace of acne or scarring, you will not believe it, perhaps because you have an illness in your mind that needs to be addressed.

I hope you can get the help that you really need.