Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

dead and dry skin (Pictures included)

Guest Timehealsall

two things id like to add, you can CLEARLY see that darkish material on my forehead. I only got it after i started BP, and i have not used bp for two months.

second, do you guys see any PITTED scarring? i swear i can see some icepick scars..

OH MY GOD. Seriously?

Obsessing. In your normal-distance pictures, your skin looks like that of anyone who has not had issues with acne. All I see on your forehead is a bit of redness, and a few little bumps. That is it. I don't even see dead skin - but then again, it's not that easy to see dead skin in most cases.

Please, stop over-reacting. There is no scarring. Nothing to even bother being worried about.

Guest Timehealsall

dood what the hell man. Did you not see the first 8 pictures (specifically the last 2 before i post my non closeups)? You can CLEARLY see this brown/yellowish layer on my forehead. I just hope and pray that layer is not covering any scars..

"Dood," you are clearly over-analyzing your skin. The first 8 pictures are close ups of solely your forehead. Basically at a distance that NO ONE is ever going to be at - 1cm away from your face. Looking at your non-close-up pictures, it is clear that the skin on your forehead is barely or not at all different than that of the rest of your face, at least in its appearance.

Jesus Christ, if you think it's such a big deal, then just exfoliate already. This is getting a bit ridiculous, seriously. If it were covering scars, you'd be able to tell. Because even if dead skin is covering scarring, it would not cover it to such an extent as to make it unseen. You'd be able to feel or see indents or raised marks, and if it were pigmentation, you'd be able to see some of it through a layer of dead skin.

I would KILL for your skin. Literally, if someone said that going and axe murdering my neighbours would give me skin like yours, I would be on my way right this second.

Edited by ashley is hxc!~*~

Guest Timehealsall
"Dood," you are clearly over-analyzing your skin. The first 8 pictures are close ups of solely your forehead. Basically at a distance that NO ONE is ever going to be at - 1cm away from your face. Looking at your non-close-up pictures, it is clear that the skin on your forehead is barely or not at all different than that of the rest of your face, at least in its appearance.

Jesus Christ, if you think it's such a big deal, then just exfoliate already. This is getting a bit ridiculous, seriously. If it were covering scars, you'd be able to tell. Because even if dead skin is covering scarring, it would not cover it to such an extent as to make it unseen. You'd be able to feel or see indents or raised marks, and if it were pigmentation, you'd be able to see some of it through a layer of dead skin.

I would KILL for your skin. Literally, if someone said that going and axe murdering my neighbours would give me skin like yours, I would be on my way right this second.

really? I thought you yourself have no scars?

THe reason my forehead looks similar to the rest of my face is because i use benzoyl peroxide on my cheek as well (and on nose i used it a few months ago) the dead skin still remains on nsoe/forehead. I can take a picture of my temples/sideuburns, where i rarely used the BP, and you can see a HUGE difference.

but cant dead skin cover shallow tiny icepicks?

Guest Timehealsall

you tell me im overanalyzing and that i have NORMAL skin, yet ive taken high quality photos of my closest friends (some who even have acne and use topicals) and none of them had skin like me. They did not have this layer of fucking gunk or w/e it is (sorry for the curse words, im so frustrated)

Yes, I do have scarring, temporary scarring (ie pigmentation). I also have a few indented scars on my face that are unrelated to acne, although one or two faintly indented areas. And when I did Caveman (no washing at all), dead skin built up like CRAZY - and I naturally shed a lot of dead skin. Yet I was still easily able to see both types of scars.

If something is that tiny and shallow, it's unlikely others would even notice them once you exfoliate. So, JUST EXFOLIATE. It's either exfoliate to remove the dead skin, or leave the dead skin. Your choice. I doubt you used BP around your eyes, yet the skin around your eyes looks just like the rest of your face. So really, I think you are seeing shit where no one else does. Which has been said since you first posted this.

Guest Timehealsall

the shit around my eyes are small bumps (dont know what they are, family has them). No, thats not how my skin on my forehead looks. I cant believe you cannot see what i am seeing. Look at the last two photos before the non close-ups. Do you not see that LAYER Of dang brownish gunk?

Guest Timehealsall
Yes, I do have scarring, temporary scarring (ie pigmentation). I also have a few indented scars on my face that are unrelated to acne, although one or two faintly indented areas. And when I did Caveman (no washing at all), dead skin built up like CRAZY - and I naturally shed a lot of dead skin. Yet I was still easily able to see both types of scars.

If something is that tiny and shallow, it's unlikely others would even notice them once you exfoliate. So, JUST EXFOLIATE. It's either exfoliate to remove the dead skin, or leave the dead skin. Your choice. I doubt you used BP around your eyes, yet the skin around your eyes looks just like the rest of your face. So really, I think you are seeing shit where no one else does. Which has been said since you first posted this.

howd you get those indents (just curious)

Daz, same here. I'm pretty nasty looking at the moment. Even my back is flaring.

And Time, I have 1 or two larger indents from chicken pox (when I was a child), and a few very faint shallow indents from picking at blemishes on my forehead, although those seem to fill back up almost entirely after numerous months.

Guest Timehealsall
Daz, same here. I'm pretty nasty looking at the moment. Even my back is flaring.

And Time, I have 1 or two larger indents from chicken pox (when I was a child), and a few very faint shallow indents from picking at blemishes on my forehead, although those seem to fill back up almost entirely after numerous months.

yea back pimples suck (i have a ton) but for some odd reason, i scratch them on accident sometimes, yet they leave no scars. I thought backne is more prone to scarring?

You aren't picking at the acne. Scratching (to scratch an itch) is not the same as hacking away at the skin.

Guest Timehealsall

ic. So i am assuming that rubbing moderately hard is also not hacking at the skin? (Acne that is)

It is very unlikely that exfoliating will scar your skin. Especially since there really isn't anything there that would cause scarring, since dead skin doesn't scar, and the few bumps I can see on your forehead just look like flesh bumps, which do not scar.

Your skin looks good. You need to stop overeacting!

There's people with waaaaay worse!

You'll be okay. Try Shea butter it's amazing!

Guest Timehealsall
It is very unlikely that exfoliating will scar your skin. Especially since there really isn't anything there that would cause scarring, since dead skin doesn't scar, and the few bumps I can see on your forehead just look like flesh bumps, which do not scar.

nope look again. Those are pimples now, not flesh bumps (the bumps turned into pimples) Would exofliating over pimples cause them to scar?

I signed up just to reply to this ridiculous post.

While you're complaining about tiny bumps and invisible scars on your face that can be diminished by simple exfoliation, this is what some other people must live with daily:

Your skin is fine. It's perfectly normal, but you might want to talk to a counselor or something because your self esteem sure isn't. You are obsessing over miniscule details that no one else can see. YOU are the only one who can see them, which has been clearly documented in this thread. Please reread it. Do you honestly think anyone is going to stare at your skin, looking for these tiny, TINY imperfections? People have lives. They have their own problems. They couldn’t care less about your perceived skin problems.

I posted those pictures as much for myself as for you or anyone else who feels like they are so horribly disfigured by acne. The truth is, life isn’t fair. Some people have perfect baby skin, some people have acne (most of the people on these boards seem to have mild to moderate acne), and some people have horrifically painful skin diseases (including Acne Conglobata) that they are going to have to live with for the rest of their lives – skin diseases that people WILL notice and stare at. It’s easy to feel misfortunate when you wake up and your skin looks shitty, but imagine what these people have to go through daily, especially children.

As for you, timehealsall, your skin is as close to perfect as most of us could wish for. Stop obsessing over it and get some counseling.

Edited by vanityyy

Why isn't it letting me post links? Whatever.

Google image search "acne conglobata, "dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa," and "skin disease" and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Yeah, I saw no pimples. If they are pimples, they are so small that they aren't even recognized as pimples.

So, as I said: Either exfoliate, or leave the dead skin.

Vanity, I'd rather not haha. And new users can't post links for spam reasons or something. But I agree with what you said. I mean honestly, people don't even really care about visible acne. Or at least they don't vocalize about it. I've never seen anyone give me really messed up looks, although I'm sure some have thought "holy crap, what's up with her face" because of all my pigmentation and current breakouts. But a good chunk of my issues are internal, not based on what others are thinking. Which is true for everyone, and basically the entire cause of Time's issues, since I doubt anyone he walks past thinks twice about his skin.

Guest Timehealsall

did you look at all the pictures btw? I do have pimples on my foreheads, but ye they are small now (pustules shrunk).

Pimples arent my concern (if they go away properly) its the scars that they leave.. (INDENTATIONS).

Yes, I have looked at ALL your pictures. And no, I do not see any blemishes that would leave scars. At all.

LIKE I HAVE REPEATED OVER AND OVER AGAIN: You can either leave the dead skin and continue whining over the possibility of (probably minor) scarring that almost no one would notice, or you can exfoliate while still whining about potential and minor scarring.

Yes, I have looked at ALL your pictures. And no, I do not see any blemishes that would leave scars. At all.

LIKE I HAVE REPEATED OVER AND OVER AGAIN: You can either leave the dead skin and continue whining over the possibility of (probably minor) scarring that almost no one would notice, or you can exfoliate while still whining about potential and minor scarring.

Oh my this threat is crazzzy!! Timehealsall, your skin looks great!! I know its easy to obsess over you skin because I tend to do it myself but it serves no purpose. So let it go and move on with your life and exfoliate already!!! Thats it!

Oh my this threat is crazzzy!! Timehealsall, your skin looks great!! I know its easy to obsess over you skin because I tend to do it myself but it serves no purpose. So let it go and move on with your life and exfoliate already!!! Thats it!

Lol, I'm just getting very tired of his obsessing.