Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

dead and dry skin (Pictures included)

Your response to that 100% backs up what Sprintz said. EVERYONE here has said that you are 1) overreacting, 2) your skin looks pretty much normal, 3) your "issues" are very very minimal and could likely be easily remedied with a bit of exfoliation. Yet YOU are refusing to believe us and listen to us, and obsessing over something that is basically made worse in your own mind - it is not made worse by others and how they see you, because if it were, you'd clearly stop being so obsessed and unhappy.

I see no scarring of ANY kind. And I believe Wynne also said this. Yet when you asked her (the moderator, and likely more well-versed and thus can be more trusted) if she saw scarring and she said no, you still did not believe her. You see all this scarring just as much as I "see" everyone staring at me and thinking I'm hideous. It's all in your MIND. I know that people likely aren't staring at me and vomiting mentally at my skin, yet that is what I think. So really, you have to either get over it and accept that it's all in your head, or continue living in your fantasy world, just as Sprintz said.

The scarring is not the only thing you are obsessed with. Yes, you are obsessed with what could happen. You are also obsessed with the supposed serious issue with your forehead. And you've been obsessed with enlarged pores. This and that, every few days I'll see a new dire question of yours about how your skin is horrendous and you are all fucked up.

I really don't think that any of us can help you because you refuse to accept what multiple people here have said over and over again. This is something YOU alone can deal with.

Guest Timehealsall

i know baby skin is impossible to have. but i am so scared to exofliate my forehead. Those bumps look so tender..

I want to ask random people in real life what they think about my skin, but what is the best way to approach this? I dont want to ask a friend because they will most certainly lie to me.

lmao. of course i wash my face. I use cetaphil gentle cleanser, but on my forehead, the area where i rarely used to have acne (a sudden flare up this summer made me use benzoyl peroxide on forehead).

I dont use any cleaner atm on my forehead, just cetaphil on other parts of face.

Trying to get foreheads flakiness/deadskin back to normal by hoping skin repairs itself.

I keep getting small bumps, and i attribute that to the dead skin clogging my pores

In my experience, Cetaphil does not clean and leaves a residue on the skin. My skin looked like crap when I used it for a brief time. Maybe try another cleanser that rinses off cleaner. And wash your whole face, including your forehead. I don't know why you aren't washing your forehead.

If you don't wash your forehead, why bother washing the rest of your face. PLUS, when you rinse, you could easily wind up getting residual cleanser on your forehead. Which could be making things worse.

Exfoliate, and stop freaking out. Or continue to not exfoliate and let the dead skin stay on your skin and continue more or less whining about the condition of your skin on this website while not taking any of our suggestions.

You asked random people already. Seriously, it's not like people online are lying. Hell, we are going to be far more honest because we don't have to answer you directly face to face while looking you in the eye. We don't have to feel bad for saying whether we think you do or don't look normal.

And I believe there was a unanimous "normal" sounded out by most or all of us.

"I want to ask random people in real life what they think about my skin, but what is the best way to approach this? I dont want to ask a friend because they will most certainly lie to me."

See my previous comment: your brain will not accept anyone telling you your skin looks normal. It won't, because your eyes tell you that your skin looks bad. There is nothing that anyone online or in person can tell you that will help you get over this. It has to be an internal reflection.

Guest Timehealsall
lmao. of course i wash my face. I use cetaphil gentle cleanser, but on my forehead, the area where i rarely used to have acne (a sudden flare up this summer made me use benzoyl peroxide on forehead).

I dont use any cleaner atm on my forehead, just cetaphil on other parts of face.

Trying to get foreheads flakiness/deadskin back to normal by hoping skin repairs itself.

I keep getting small bumps, and i attribute that to the dead skin clogging my pores

In my experience, Cetaphil does not clean and leaves a residue on the skin. My skin looked like crap when I used it for a brief time. Maybe try another cleanser that rinses off cleaner. And wash your whole face, including your forehead. I don't know why you aren't washing your forehead.

i wash my forehead with just water. I want it to go back to normal, so im not using any products on it.

so cetaphil isnt ideal? WHy does dan reccomend this cleanser than...

Which other cleanser would you reccomend me? my mom told me to try the following;

olay gentle foaming face wash with aloe 100 % fragrance free 100 % dye free for sensitive skin.

ingredients: water,glycerine,sodium myristoyl sarcosinate, peg-120 methyl glucose dioleate, sodium lauroamphoacetate, aloe barabdensis leaf juice, polyquaternium-10, peg-150 pentaerythrityl tetrastearate, glycol distearate, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamide mea, laureth-10, disodium lauroamphodiacetate, sodium tridceth sulfate, citric acid, disodium edta, phenoxyethnaol, dmdm hydantoin.

Too many ingredient though..

Guest Timehealsall
If you don't wash your forehead, why bother washing the rest of your face. PLUS, when you rinse, you could easily wind up getting residual cleanser on your forehead. Which could be making things worse.

Exfoliate, and stop freaking out. Or continue to not exfoliate and let the dead skin stay on your skin and continue more or less whining about the condition of your skin on this website while not taking any of our suggestions.

You asked random people already. Seriously, it's not like people online are lying. Hell, we are going to be far more honest because we don't have to answer you directly face to face while looking you in the eye. We don't have to feel bad for saying whether we think you do or don't look normal.

And I believe there was a unanimous "normal" sounded out by most or all of us.

i do wash my forehead, but just with water. i make sure all the cleanser is off my face, thus i wash thoroughly.

I want to try exfoliating, the problem is, im waiting for the bumps to go away so theres no risk of scarring..

Guest Timehealsall

its just, ive tried exfoliating before (jojoba exofliation method) where you rub the jojoba oil into your skin.

I rubbed a little bit harder than how dan applies BP, but im afraid of rubbing over these bumps, even though i did i tbefore.

it feels like all this dead skin on my forehead is causing my skin to become irritated and giving me pimples..

its just, ive tried exfoliating before (jojoba exofliation method) where you rub the jojoba oil into your skin.

I rubbed a little bit harder than how dan applies BP, but im afraid of rubbing over these bumps, even though i did i tbefore.

it feels like all this dead skin on my forehead is causing my skin to become irritated and giving me pimples..

What really helped get my dead skin was getting an expensive facial for sensitive skin... And then after that I have been using a mask from sephora called murad pomegranate exfoliating mask.. It's 22 dollars and comes with 6 packages but I make one package last like 10 times.. It gets rid of all my dead skin. I think a facial would help you a lot

Tea tree is the best option which is coming in my mind to write here.It is natural and very good for skin but after using this ,wash your face two time.This is very effective.

Edited by john razor

And when you are washing the cleanser off your face, there is easily the chance that some is transffering to your forehead without your knowing it. And no, you don't "wash" your forehead, you "rinse" it.

Jesus. The bumps will not scar. The bumps will remain until you exfoliate. So, exfoliate.

Time, i know its hard to believe, but trust me, you have great skin. its not perfect, but its a lot better than most.

And the jojoba exfoliation method helps a bit with flakes, but i think you need something a little stronger, try using a wet wash cloth to remove the cleanser (I highly reccomend CeraVe, but it burns a bit the first couple of times, for me at least, and is a bit pricey) rinse it off, then gently massage the areas with the bumps, firmly enough to feel like its doing something, but not ridiculously hard to where it hurts or feels uncomfortable, you can also do this where ever you have dead skin, keep wetting the cloth and massaging until you feel all the dead skin and flakes are gone.

Rinse, pat dry, and continue on with your regimen. it should help the bumps after a week or so, and greatly reduce the dead skin and flakes, i do this every night, because i get a LOT of dead skin, but do it however often you feel is necessary (Meaning, if your skin feels like it has a bunch of crap on it at the end of the day, go ahead and do it)

Guest Timehealsall

thank you for your guys time and responses.

I will post new pics soon to show the state of my face/acne.

Guest Timehealsall

heres some videos of how i rubbed when i exofliated my forehead ( i have those small bumps, clogged pores, closed comedones, sebum plugs, and small pimples)

could any of the following rubbing (when they do it on the forehead) with acne cause indented/pitted scarring

That kind of rubbing wont exfoliate nothing,so I dont see why you would get scars,not even agressive exfoliation can make scars,since you are exfoliating the top of the skin,your not wounding the dermis.

Guest Timehealsall

so on the left side of my cheek near my nose, i see/feel a spot coming up. The area is red and in the middle there is a hole. I think this is the pore. Anything i can do to make sure the hole doesnt stay once the pimple goes away?

It is likely just a pore that is a bit enlarged, stretched, or swollen due to the inflammation of the developing pimple near it. Try not to worry so much. Your pore will always be there, however it will probably go back to its original size once the inflammation is down.

Guest Timehealsall

alright. ill just apply bp to it.

Ice it 3-5 times a day with an ice cube for 1-2 minutes each time and you can probably nip it in the bud, unless it's a bug bite or something (pictures always tell you more than words ever could).

Guest Timehealsall

what you mean nip it in the bud?

Today is the 2nd day of the pimple and i have not iced it at all. Should i ice it still, or just let BP take care of it?

It doesnt hurt at all, but it is a bit red.

Not not a bug bite, 100 prcent sure

Guest Timehealsall
That kind of rubbing wont exfoliate nothing,so I dont see why you would get scars,not even agressive exfoliation can make scars,since you are exfoliating the top of the skin,your not wounding the dermis.

the rubbing shown in the videos?

Will that kind of rubbing OVER pimples/closed comedones/clogged pores/ or sebum plugs cause scarring?

What really helped get my dead skin was getting an expensive facial for sensitive skin... And then after that I have been using a mask from sephora called murad pomegranate exfoliating mask.. It's 22 dollars and comes with 6 packages but I make one package last like 10 times.. It gets rid of all my dead skin. I think a facial would help you a lot

i know that there are different kinds of facials, so what type would i get? What exactly do they do?

the rubbing shown in the videos?

Will that kind of rubbing OVER pimples/closed comedones/clogged pores/ or sebum plugs cause scarring?

i know that there are different kinds of facials, so what type would i get? What exactly do they do?

CLINIQUE makes a "clarifying exfoliator" solution/cream, that's main ingredient is witch hazel, research it on the web, my wife used it for many years -they make one with acetone which is a real scrub, Nordstrom's carries them. It's not that expensive.

Guest Timehealsall
Guest Timehealsall

btw, in the first two pics, it looks like a i have a million pores between my eyebrows. Weird thing is, i never had acne in every single one of those pores, and when i look in mirrors, even harsh light, i dont really see those things. If anything, i see like tiny hard rock like things...