Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

dead and dry skin (Pictures included)

Hey TimeHealsAll,I'll be honest with you,your skin doesnt look very normal,and I know what you are suffering,but I'll tell you something,buy some EVOO,exfoliate your face and make sure you exfoliate every single flake,and then put alot of EVOO in your skin,you can breakout but 1 or 3 spots,but your skin will be better,and after that,just wash your skin with water and keep appyling EVOO every night,5-10 drops-

And stop using alot of things in your face,your are harming it.and since you look young,your skin will recover very fast,just leave it alone.

Good Luck

Edited by HelpingPeople96

that bumpy rash is allergic reaction to BP.believe me, i have had exactly same reaction.after few days of not using BP it goes back to normal ;)

Totally off topic: VARTOOOZA! Long time, no see! : D

Guest Timehealsall
Hey TimeHealsAll,I'll be honest with you,your skin doesnt look very normal,and I know what you are suffering,but I'll tell you something,buy some EVOO,exfoliate your face and make sure you exfoliate every single flake,and then put alot of EVOO in your skin,you can breakout but 1 or 3 spots,but your skin will be better,and after that,just wash your skin with water and keep appyling EVOO every night,5-10 drops-

And stop using alot of things in your face,your are harming it.and since you look young,your skin will recover very fast,just leave it alone.

Good Luck

of course my skin doesnt look very normal. I dont know what everyone else is seeing in this thread...

Ive stopped BP for like a month and a few weeks on forehead, yet it still looks like that. I might go to a derm soon..

whats evo?

that bumpy rash is allergic reaction to BP.believe me, i have had exactly same reaction.after few days of not using BP it goes back to normal ;)

u think thats an allergic reaction? I stopped bp a month and few weeks on my forehead, yet it hasent gone back to normal.

EVOO= Extra Virgin olive Oil...

If you have months waiting i think it is something more severe,atleast cosmetically talking,dont you worry,use the oil,and be patient,if it doesnt work,then go with a derm.

I highly recommend you to eat more Omega 3 fats,and more cholesterol,maybe flaxseed oil and vit c supplement.

Goodbye

u think thats an allergic reaction? I stopped bp a month and few weeks on my forehead, yet it hasent gone back to normal.

:lol: sry dude, i didn't red your post, i just looked at those pictures and thought you are BP user with allergic reaction like mine (long time ago) :whistle:

Quite honestly, I would just shave if I were you. Get a good electric razor for sensitive skin, and it'll do a wonderful job of removing all the dead skin. That's been the biggest difference maker for me on the regimen. Instead of shaving once a week, I'm now shaving every other day -- and the flakiness is waaaaaay down! Plus, with all that dead skin out of the way, the BP will absorb more effectively and do a better job killing all those nasty bacteria. :P

Anyways, just my two cents. Good luck.

Good Luck

Actually, his skin DOES look normal. I've seen plenty of people without acne have flesh bumps. So aside from some texture issues, his skin doesn't really look that off. Plus, how many people would stand THAT close to him to look at his skin?

Good Luck

Actually, his skin DOES look normal. I've seen plenty of people without acne have flesh bumps. So aside from some texture issues, his skin doesn't really look that off. Plus, how many people would stand THAT close to him to look at his skin?

:think:

Yes there are alot of variation in skin textures out there,but to have a skin covered in yellow flakes is not considered normal or healthy.

His skin is telling that's something wrong,either way constant inflammation or irritation.

Good Luck

:think:

Yes there are alot of variation in skin textures out there,but to have a skin covered in yellow flakes is not considered normal or healthy.

His skin is telling that's something wrong,either way constant inflammation or irritation.

PS: Im not saying your are unhealthy,I know,the problem is the topicals you used in the past,they somewhat damage skin functions,I think you should avoid doing anything on your face for a while,til your lipid barried stabilizes and then,the healing process beggin

I don't see disgustingly unhealthy yellow flakes. Could easily be the picture doesn't show them very well, but either way, still see nothing seriously "unhealthy" looking.

I don't see disgustingly unhealthy yellow flakes. Could easily be the picture doesn't show them very well, but either way, still see nothing seriously "unhealthy" looking.

Not that is like "Ewww" but,it is NOT normal.skin shedding should not be that way :naughty:

Dude.. I'm gonna be straight with you, you don't have bad acne. The flakiness isn't even THAT bad either. I'm not sure what is going on at this point in your life but I have a strong feeling that more than just acne is affecting you. Your skin does not look that bad and it look as though the Regimen did good things with your skin. Chill out and quit posting so much. I hope that it is some what of a morale booster to hear that your skin doesn't look bad.. because it really doesn't. Good luck. Also, you need to throw in some AHA or something. You have been on the Regimen for so damn long now and you still haven't used AHA. It is great stuff... you need to incorporate it in your Regimen.

Guest Timehealsall
Dude.. I'm gonna be straight with you, you don't have bad acne. The flakiness isn't even THAT bad either. I'm not sure what is going on at this point in your life but I have a strong feeling that more than just acne is affecting you. Your skin does not look that bad and it look as though the Regimen did good things with your skin. Chill out and quit posting so much. I hope that it is some what of a morale booster to hear that your skin doesn't look bad.. because it really doesn't. Good luck. Also, you need to throw in some AHA or something. You have been on the Regimen for so damn long now and you still haven't used AHA. It is great stuff... you need to incorporate it in your Regimen.

the acne on my forehead isnt that bad, its on my cheeks where its the worse. I get random breakouts that turn into Pih, the PIh stays a long time, and once it starts fading more breakouts.

I also have some pitted scars but i wud have to take them in certain angles/lighting to show them off.

I really hope you are serious when you say my skin doesnt look that bad. It looks terrible when i look at myself..

Guest Timehealsall

Not that is like "Ewww" but,it is NOT normal.skin shedding should not be that way :naughty:

you know whats the funny thing? i have not used SKIN TOPICALS for that long. i was never on an acne.regimen. all i ever did was spot treat my pimples, so its not like i constantly had benzoyl peroxide on my face.

Just recently, about 5-6 months ago, i started having bp constantly on my face.

The forehead only had bp on it for 3 months i believe..

Guest Timehealsall

by the way, you can zoom in on the photos by clicking them once to get a clearer picture.

Also, i wiill be posting more pictures up to show my scarring and the yellowish skin i have.

How could inflammation cause yellow tone? I mean the only "inflammation" i guess i have other than a few pimples is PIH.

by the way, you can zoom in on the photos by clicking them once to get a clearer picture.

Also, i wiill be posting more pictures up to show my scarring and the yellowish skin i have.

How could inflammation cause yellow tone? I mean the only "inflammation" i guess i have other than a few pimples is PIH.

i was planning on using paulas bha, but i guess ill try dans aha instead.

The first thing you should do is relax and stop thinking in it,I know it's hard,specially since it's on your face.

Inflammation is very bad,not only for your skin,for every part of the body,it causes aging and alot of damage,thats why I dont recommend BP,it is very agressive to the skin.

Now,you say you have not used the BP for months?...I think your skin is recovering,the dead skin is like a barrier to protect the skin inside,just try not to add more products,it will start the healing process again.

You could exfoliate and add the EVOO like I said,but maybe it is not healed yet,so you have chances to restart the healing process.

Anyway,I dont know why people recommend you to stop posting so much,since it's your life and your choice,I understand your suffering to this problems,but believe me,it can be fixed.

Edited by HelpingPeople96

Guest Timehealsall

im a bit confused. I know inflammation is bad for the skin, but i did not have constant inflammation on my forehead? I just had a big breakout over summer which lasted 2-3 weeks. and then i decided to go on prevention mode with BP.

the BP hence gave me my weird forehead texture and small bumps. Inflammation wasent part of the picture.. (Except getting pimples herea nd there on my foreheaD).

Im gonna go to a derm in 2 weeks.

The weird texture is probably a combo of dead skin (since I assume you haven't exfoliated) and irritation bumps from, well, irritation.

What was your method of caring for your skin prior to that pimple? Go back to that method of skin cleaning and stick to it. Probably better for your skin anyways.

Guest Timehealsall
The weird texture is probably a combo of dead skin (since I assume you haven't exfoliated) and irritation bumps from, well, irritation.

What was your method of caring for your skin prior to that pimple? Go back to that method of skin cleaning and stick to it. Probably better for your skin anyways.

that pimple? I have tons of these bumps on my forehead.

My original method of cleaning was well.. nothing. Just wash face with water.

Id usually get breakouts every month, but just BP spot treat them..

Ive gone back to my original method on forehead, and well... nothing has happened.

btw, im freaking scared to even touch my forehead. I feel like touching it, and rubbing it could cause the small bumps to scar.

THey look so fucking fragile...

How the fuck do i exofliate my forehead without physical exofliation? I might try the aha or give a bha a try..

You said you started using BP from "one pimple". And "that pimple" is a reference to that one pimple that made you start using BP.

Well then there you go. Just wash your face with water and spot treat with BP. I assume you've been doing this for only a short time, maybe 1-2 months. Give it time.

But seriously, you are overreacting.

The real problem here is that you have some obsessive tendencies. I should know as I do as well. This lead to depression for me as it apparently has for you. Look up Winston Churchill's 'Black Dog' - sound familiar?

At any rate, there's no point telling you your skin looks normal (it does), or that you are over-reacting (you are), as you won't listen. You will find flaws or inconsistencies with what people say, take things out of context, come up with excuses to support your 'I have terrible skin' assumption (such as that the pictures don't show the 'real' damage), etc. I had the exact same reaction to a personal obsession, something I'm sure you would find as ridiculous as what people think about your comments.

You have a few options. You can let this irrational obsession get the best of you and ruin your life (and it ruined my life for over a year), and wallow in self-pity - which is SO easy to do, being the last refuge of the pathetic. Or, you can accept that your brain is giving you false information and at least make an attempt to move on with your life. Make a conscious effort not to look at your skin for more than an hour a day.

If you're anything like me, your obsession is (as pop-psychology as this sounds) caused by some other problem in your life, something that is much harder to face. Something like a lack of friends, or girlfriend, or sex life, or career fulfillment. It's much easier to try and tackle a perceived 'existing' problem such as acne than to tackle those larger problems. It's also easy to let your mind focus on your skin as opposed to the real world - look at the huge market for WoW.

Don't know why I bothered typing this out, as the solution to your problem can only come from your own self-awareness of your obsession, but hopefully I have set you on that path.

Edit: I was reminded of something my dad told me during my obsessive years. "It's not the despair, it's the hope which is destroying you". It appears to be the same for you. If you were sure your acne and skin sucked and had confirmation you could move on with your life. But instead you aren't sure, are you? It looks bad in some lights, perhaps better in others. Other people can't see what you're saying but they are probably lying to you to make you feel better! Even the moderators can't be trusted, or can they? You state that you know that your skin sucks, but then ask Wynne if she thinks you have scarring. Can't you see how fucking pathetic this whole thing is? I can, because I lived it. It's not worth it man. Please take control of your mind and your life.

Edited by Sprintz

Guest Timehealsall
You said you started using BP from "one pimple". And "that pimple" is a reference to that one pimple that made you start using BP.

Well then there you go. Just wash your face with water and spot treat with BP. I assume you've been doing this for only a short time, maybe 1-2 months. Give it time.

But seriously, you are overreacting.

woops, i meant that i had a huge breakout (like 10 pimples) on my forehead, spot treated with BP and they went away.Then i got a few more pimples and i was like, FUCK IT, im gonna start using BP to prevent he pimples on my forehead and cheeks.

Guest Timehealsall
The real problem here is that you have some obsessive tendencies. I should know as I do as well. This lead to depression for me as it apparently has for you. Look up Winston Churchill's 'Black Dog' - sound familiar?

At any rate, there's no point telling you your skin looks normal (it does), or that you are over-reacting (you are), as you won't listen. You will find flaws or inconsistencies with what people say, take things out of context, come up with excuses to support your 'I have terrible skin' assumption (such as that the pictures don't show the 'real' damage), etc. I had the exact same reaction to a personal obsession, something I'm sure you would find as ridiculous as what people think about your comments.

You have a few options. You can let this irrational obsession get the best of you and ruin your life (and it ruined my life for over a year), and wallow in self-pity - which is SO easy to do, being the last refuge of the pathetic. Or, you can accept that your brain is giving you false information and at least make an attempt to move on with your life. Make a conscious effort not to look at your skin for more than an hour a day.

If you're anything like me, your obsession is (as pop-psychology as this sounds) caused by some other problem in your life, something that is much harder to face. Something like a lack of friends, or girlfriend, or sex life, or career fulfillment. It's much easier to try and tackle a perceived 'existing' problem such as acne than to tackle those larger problems. It's also easy to let your mind focus on your skin as opposed to the real world - look at the huge market for WoW.

Don't know why I bothered typing this out, as the solution to your problem can only come from your own self-awareness of your obsession, but hopefully I have set you on that path.

Edit: I was reminded of something my dad told me during my obsessive years. "It's not the despair, it's the hope which is destroying you". It appears to be the same for you. If you were sure your acne and skin sucked and had confirmation you could move on with your life. But instead you aren't sure, are you? It looks bad in some lights, perhaps better in others. Other people can't see what you're saying but they are probably lying to you to make you feel better! Even the moderators can't be trusted, or can they? You state that you know that your skin sucks, but then ask Wynne if she thinks you have scarring. Can't you see how fucking pathetic this whole thing is? I can, because I lived it. It's not worth it man. Please take control of your mind and your life.

I am kind of confused as to what you are saying. I do not think my skin looks normal because it does not. I mean, how does it? Whats normal about it?

I definitely see pitted scarring in certain lighting, my minds not playing tricks on me..

THe most obsessive part of this is that i am scared/afraid SHITLESS that every pimple i get will scar. thats all

You may just have to try some and see what works for you. Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion may be a good one to try.