Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

dead and dry skin (Pictures included)

Actually, that never happened to me when I was almost clear (like Time is). Even when I still had scarring and some mild breakouts, when I went out without foundation for the first time, I was so paranoid and freaking out, a friend told me I looked fine and looked like I always do, and after a week or so I basically felt fine with my skin other than when it would at times flare up. I was never at all this obsessive, other than the last 7-8 months during which my skin has genuinely been shitty. But even then I really haven't behaved in the manner Time is :/

Doesn't matter if you're clear as a new born baby, or look like a burn victim, everyone has still obsessed over something at one point or another.

And i never said LIKE time, i said everyone has obsessed, weather its a little or a lot, and theres no use in trying to convince him his skin looks normal.

If i told you your skin was amazing and you shouldn't care about it, would you stop caring? No.

i agree with ashley. of course we are all concerned about how our skin looks, otherwise we wouldnt be on this board but clearly time is WAY above and beyond the norm. anyone that has read this entire thread or one of his 500 other ones... should be able to see that.

EDITED: to refer you to post#275 if you're still not convinced

Edited by almost pretty

Actually, that never happened to me when I was almost clear (like Time is). Even when I still had scarring and some mild breakouts, when I went out without foundation for the first time, I was so paranoid and freaking out, a friend told me I looked fine and looked like I always do, and after a week or so I basically felt fine with my skin other than when it would at times flare up. I was never at all this obsessive, other than the last 7-8 months during which my skin has genuinely been shitty. But even then I really haven't behaved in the manner Time is :/

Doesn't matter if you're clear as a new born baby, or look like a burn victim, everyone has still obsessed over something at one point or another.

And i never said LIKE time, i said everyone has obsessed, weather its a little or a lot, and theres no use in trying to convince him his skin looks normal.

If i told you your skin was amazing and you shouldn't care about it, would you stop caring? No.

i agree with ashley. of course we are all concerned about how our skin looks, otherwise we wouldnt be on this board but clearly time is WAY above and beyond the norm. anyone that has read this entire thread or one of his 500 other ones... should be able to see that.

EDITED: to refer you to post#275 if you're still not convinced

I never said i wasn't -convinced- i'm just trying to say that there is no point in trying to help him, or have him see that hes going overboard, its like constantly telling a fat person they're fat and should stop eating so much, they won't listen at all.

I also don't see why everyone feels the need to prove Times -problems- to me. we all have problems, his are just a little more dramatic, and making fun of him or acting like hes a stubborn child isn't going to help anyone.

im going to post pictures of my skin with flashlight pointing at it in different angles.

I will also show you guys this weird fucking bump on my nose.

Off topic, but too bad it is hard to quit life. I wish i could just similar to a game, /quit life. I would really just kill myself if it were that easy (i.e. did not have to sadden family), but unfortunately, it is not that easy.

Seeing a counselor, and it aint helping.. no one can help me except me, and i am insane.

FML

I am very sorry to hear that you are having a very hard time coping with acne, but please check with a counselor on this issue.

While you may voice various issues at the Emotional And Psychological Effects Of Acne forum, we strongly feel this is not a suitable place to share suicidal thoughts with other members. We have instituted this policy due to past experiences with suicide threads attracting all sorts of hideously unsupportive and nasty behavior; not only that, no one here is equipped to deal with such a psychiatric emergency. You are welcome to elicit support on topics that do not touch on suicide in any way.

I strongly encourage you to seek a professional's assistance on this matter.

Information about professional assistance can be found here:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/resources...lai-t16184.html

and my personal favorite:

http://www.metanoia.org/suicide/