Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

dead and dry skin (Pictures included)

And UK's point is demonstrated by your having asked a new poster in this thread whether your skin looks like shit and if you have scarring.

Just as he said, stop worrying so damn much. Exfoliate, move on, and change your password here to something you will never remember and just don't come back, because you do not have acne (a few breakouts here and there is not really acne), your post-acne issues are terribly mild to say the least, and the only real issue that you truly have is one that can be remedied within 5 minutes once you use a washcloth. Nothing we can do to help you. Although perhaps you could join a psychiatric aide forum instead if you refuse to listen to us and get real help for a problem that is 100% on a psychological level. And this is not me trying to be rude or mean, this is me being serious, and telling you that based on my experience in this thread, you have genuine psychological issues that should be looked into and helped out.

Guest Timehealsall

hey flem do you see any scars on, my face?

Basically everything that everyone says has managed to fly right over your head, hasn't it.

You created this thread in the hopes of hearing everyone say "OMG YOUR FACE WTF IS WRONG WITH YOUR HIDEOUS FACE, SO MANY SCARS! OMG I CANNOT BARE TO LOOK ANY LONGER! I AM STRICKEN WITH FEAR AND DISGUST, I MUST BURN MY EYES!" didn't you... It's like the opposite of people posting those "So I know I am SOOO ugly, but rate me please" threads online because they want to hear people tell them how pretty they are, whereas you seem to want to hear people tell you how disgusting you look. I mean, it seems to be the case, considering you've chosen to disregard the dozens of replies that have completely opposed your obsessed notion over your skin hypothetically being irreversibly scarred beyond repair. In which case, as I and some others have said, you really do need to get off this website and get yourself some help, because it's not really healthy.

Guest Timehealsall

I just bought some lamlactin lotion and, I'm hoping it exfoliates the dead skin and hopefully there is no scarring underneath..

That will take a long time to exfoliate your skin. Especially since you have a layer of visible dead skin. Seriously, just man up, use a washcloth, and reveal your scarless (or barely scarred) skin already.

Guest Timehealsall
That will take a long time to exfoliate your skin. Especially since you have a layer of visible dead skin. Seriously, just man up, use a washcloth, and reveal your scarless (or barely scarred) skin already.

i am seeing a counselor already.

i am scared to use physical exofliation on all of my face (i was even scared to rub my face, rub the dead skin off that is, but i still did it anyways, and i might have damaged my skin).

I know i should "man up," but what if that physiacl exofliation with a washcloth fucks up my skin for life? Was "manning" up worth it?

Yes, because using a washcloth ONCE will cause irreversible damage that will plague you until your dying day :/

What, you think that that lotion will dissolve all your dead skin that is caked on your face? Not really, no. It will likely continue to gum up over your skin. I mean, it will perhaps help to break down the dead skin cells because that's what chemical exfoliants do, but considering just how much dead skin you have, it's unlikely to really work effectively. Kind of the same idea in regards to moisturizers not hydrating the skin well if there is a layer of dead skin that is really caking up the surface. If you don't have a cleanser that is very good at removing excess dead skin cells when you cleanse, things would (I assume) just continue to build and build and build. Like... putting glue on your hand, rinsing it off after it dries, then putting more glue on it, rinsing it off, etc etc.

Gently massage a washcloth over your face without applying a lot of pressure. Doing it ONCE to remove all the dead skin is not going to fuck up your face.

Edited by ashley is hxc!~*~

you look perfectly fine dude.. my skin is much worse than yours :o yours are managable and i think mine have potential to get a lot bettre but i have lots of work in front of me..

I dont see any scars only rough skin. And mine is scarred rough and looks like its dead so dont overanalyse it dude

Only get rid of the dead skin and get an awesome glow. You will be happier

Guest Timehealsall

Asjley you told me earlier that you could not see any dead skin , and, now you are telling me its caked on my face. Which is it? When I look in the,mirror I zsee tons of dead skin.

I said in your OTHER pictures I could not. In your last ones, I could see it from the 2cm distance you chose to take your pictures. Doesn't mean it's highly visible to others, just that it is noticeably there on the skin (meaning people MIGHT be able to notice something but would have no idea WHAT they are noticing and thus not think about it).

You know what will help? Exfoliating! Jesus. Or would you rather I say this: "NO DOOD, don't exfoliate, you clearly have a shitload of scars under that layer of dead skin cells! A crap load of ice picks, indents, rolling scars, and even pigmentation that will NEVER fade away because your skin is just too disgusting to ever get better!"

:/

I haven't really been following too closely to this thread (it's kinda long..) but from what I read, I think that timehealsall is having a problem with dry skin.

Have you been using jojoba oil? If not, you should. Another thing to try (something I will do if my skin is somewhat dry) is to put a layer of jojoba oil on before your moisturizer. I know it sounds weird, but the oil will "dissolve" any skin flakes and the moisturizer will go on a lot smoother.

You may also want to wash a little rougher when cleansing your face. I can kind of understand why you wouldn't want to use a washcloth because the fabric can be somewhat rough and scratchy and you never know how clean a washcloth is (even after you wash it). What I do, and it works PERFECTLY and this is coming from someone with naturally horribly horrendous dry skin, I am just not as "gentle" as Dan Kern suggests when I wash my face.

Just rub your skin nice and clean and within a couple days, you'll see a noticeable difference in how dry your skin is. If you continue to be overly gentle, no other exfoliation method will work, trust me..I've been there.

Guest Timehealsall

kat look at my photos a few pages back.

Dry skins not my concern, its scarring (pitted) that the DEAD SKIN might be covering..

Your pictures don't look that bad at all. I also don't really see any scarring. You can't do much for pitting anyway, even if you did have it (which you don't), unless you get chemical peels and all that crazy stuff. Just keep following the regimen and moisture. If you're afraid of dry skin covering up any scars you may or may not have, just do what I said and wash a little rougher. Keep using BP to prevent new breakouts.

Guest Timehealsall

also, does anyone know if amlactin body lotion 12% is safe to use on face?

Guest Timehealsall

FRICKING HELL. Today was my birthday, and my fking aunt came to my house and Randomly touched my face. She literally like moved her hands over my face for like 2-3 seconds, and i have some fking pustules.

Fck my life.

Yes, because 2 seconds of contact is going to make you break out....

Guest Timehealsall

my skins very sensitive.

Also, does anyone know how to decipher between a healing pimple, and a hypertrophic scar on the nose?

it seems i suddenyl had this red spot on my nose for 4 days, and now its been 4 weeks and its still there (it was red for 4days, and now its pink) but the spot is slightly raised, and looks reallly raised when i pick my nose.

You think YOUR skin is sensitive? I have highly reactive skin. My skin turns red at the slightest provocation - and that's a NATURAL phenomenon not brought on by topicals, as I've had this since I was a child. Even a slight graze of my nail over my skin to gently scratch will leave it red for a good half hour (not just my face, my whole body).

Point is, about two weeks ago I decided to stop being so paranoid, and now I touch my face whenever. And sometimes quite often. It doesn't make me break out, only if I have something on my hands that needs to be removed, like a lotion. So I think you are probably gonna be fine, and shouldn't worry nearly as much.

DUUUUUDE CALM DOWN MAN!;p

your skin is normal, you just have a few clogged pores nothing bad

and ur skin looks quite oily

I honestly have no idea what you people are wasting your time for. You guys must be really bored. =\ This guy is narcissistic and obsessive and looking for attention. He's not going to listen to anyone and will continue to bombard this forum with ridiculous questions and complaints.

Whether he has actual psychological problems (BDD, OCD, etc) or is just trolling the forums looking for attention to feed his ego ("your skin is great!"which, IMO, is totally what I think he is looking for) is irrelevant since he won't listen to reason. Repeating yourselves numerous times won't change that.

Guest Timehealsall

well, i think taking antibiotics was a bad fucking idea.

I am getting these red lumps on my chin area, and now i also have bumps on my nose.

I mean what the fuck, my nose goes red for 4 days (maybe a pimple?) but it didnt come to a head, and for 3-4 weeks, the area is still red (actually multiple areas), and slightly raised in some angles.

I do not apply BP in these areas.

For some reason, i feel that genetically, some of us are destined to be fucked for life...

Guest Timehealsall

bwt, these are not pimples, no fucking way