Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

dead and dry skin (Pictures included)

Guest Timehealsall

i thought id give my opinion on this, but i dont really think its safe to just "roll" with the dry, DEAD FLAKY skin you get whilst on the regimen, I think it has given me permanent damage (my pores out of no where enlarged, and i also got some smal minor icepicks).

NOw i dont know why this happened, but it happened ever since i started the regimen, and ever since my forehead got flaky/dry.

Its been 2 months since i stopped benzoyl peroxide on my foreead, and guess what? My forehead is still dry and flaky and worst of al, i am breaking out in small pimples or small comedones/sebum plugs.

The regimen fucked my forehead up.

Edited by Timehealsall

BP doesn't have the ability to do anything permanent to the skin. Once you stop using it, the effects quickly wear off. That's why it has to be applied frequently in order to work, and that's also why people usually begin breaking out again pretty quickly after stopping it.

You stopped bp two months ago? What have you been using since then? What were you using, if anything, prior to starting the Regimen?

i thought id give my opinion on this, but i dont really think its safe to just "roll" with the dry, DEAD FLAKY skin you get whilst on the regimen, I think it has given me permanent damage (my pores out of no where enlarged, and i also got some smal minor icepicks).

NOw i dont know why this happened, but it happened ever since i started the regimen, and ever since my forehead got flaky/dry.

Its been 2 months since i stopped benzoyl peroxide on my foreead, and guess what? My forehead is still dry and flaky and worst of al, i am breaking out in small pimples or small comedones/sebum plugs.

I don't apply BP to my neck, but it still gets there and makes it dry and flakey.

If the regimen is so horrible and ruined your skin, then stop using it, and stop making threads asking the same old questions over and over.

Find a different treatment, obviously BP isn't for you.

Guest Timehealsall
BP doesn't have the ability to do anything permanent to the skin. Once you stop using it, the effects quickly wear off. That's why it has to be applied frequently in order to work, and that's also why people usually begin breaking out again pretty quickly after stopping it.

You stopped bp two months ago? What have you been using since then? What were you using, if anything, prior to starting the Regimen?

before the regimen, i did not use anything. My acne was usually not that bad for about 2 years so i just spot treated with BP (i.e. use it whenever a pimple spawned, which was like once every 3 weeks).

I never got dead/flaky skin when i spot treated, but since i am using it all over my face as a preventative i did get it.

I dont use anything right now..

I don't apply BP to my neck, but it still gets there and makes it dry and flakey.

If the regimen is so horrible and ruined your skin, then stop using it, and stop making threads asking the same old questions over and over.

Find a different treatment, obviously BP isn't for you.

the problem is, what other different treatments? :(

Guest Timehealsall

lmao. of course i wash my face. I use cetaphil gentle cleanser, but on my forehead, the area where i rarely used to have acne (a sudden flare up this summer made me use benzoyl peroxide on forehead).

I dont use any cleaner atm on my forehead, just cetaphil on other parts of face.

Trying to get foreheads flakiness/deadskin back to normal by hoping skin repairs itself.

I keep getting small bumps, and i attribute that to the dead skin clogging my pores

Salicylic acid, Tea tree oil, Zinc supplements, sulphur, AHA.

Holistic treatments like Lemon juice, potatoes, tomato, baking soda, even urine.

There are a lot of treatments besides BP, some aren't even treatments at all like caveman, water only. etc, you just have to find what works.

I still personaly think your skin is just breaking out from irritation, and the fact that you wont use jojoba oil because of your -dermatitis- isn't exactly helping the case either, but whatever floats your boat.

Guest Timehealsall

i did use jojoba oil, for about 2 months. But i noticed flaking similar to dermatitis in these areas and i stopped.

Guest Timehealsall
Salicylic acid, Tea tree oil, Zinc supplements, sulphur, AHA.

Holistic treatments like Lemon juice, potatoes, tomato, baking soda, even urine.

There are a lot of treatments besides BP, some aren't even treatments at all like caveman, water only. etc, you just have to find what works.

I still personaly think your skin is just breaking out from irritation, and the fact that you wont use jojoba oil because of your -dermatitis- isn't exactly helping the case either, but whatever floats your boat.

ive tried sal acid, but i guess there are still other products out there. Tea tree oil made my skin very red, but it worked on calming some pimples down. Not sure if its a good preventative treatment. Taking zinc picolinate atm, but i might venture onto another form of zinc? Gluconate maybe?

AHA, not sure which one to use. I was going to try paulas choice BHA (i know its sal acid).

Tried lemon juice, just burned my skin, tried baking soda, urine? Want me to really try that? Never tried potatoes, or tomatoes.

Guest Timehealsall

i might give aloe vera a shot, and i am trying to fix my diet. I eat healthy (Foods like veggies, fruits, organic wheat, no dairy, umm asian indian food) but i am not sure yet as to what to try.

I might, just might, try the paleo diet. But i currently weight 125 lbs (i am almost 5"11) and i lost all this weight when i went on a all fruit/veggie diet. Cant gain it back for some reason

time,

everyones skin cant handle bp/the regimen. i didnt have any success with it either. what worked to get my acne under control were sulfur products. you should really look into trying sulfur.

Guest Timehealsall

hey, did the benzoyl peroxide cause any scarring for you? Like if you got any dead/flaky/dry skin, did it cause any pitted scarring if you rubbed it off your face?

Guest Timehealsall

so this has really really been depressing and frustrating me and i decided that i want to post pictures.

My only dilemma is that my pictures are bigger than the amount of megabytes we can upload, and i do not know how to upload pictures on another website.

Can the moderators assist me with this? I want to show acne.org exactly whats going on with my face and what the fuck is all ths dead skin, and why its still here 2 months after stopping BP

Guest Timehealsall

this has taken me a lot of guts to post pictures, because what your about to see is not pretty at all. My forehead looks older than 60 year old mens, because of the regimen.

HEre it goes..

Guest Timehealsall

j

Edited by Timehealsall

Guest Timehealsall

someone please help mee..

Guest Timehealsall

only thing ive tried is jojoba exofliation method. DO you think those small pimples/bumps on my forehead could scar? How would i exofliate without getting pitted scars?

Guest Timehealsall

i swear it feels like i fucked up my face permanently. Look at my fucking cheeks and forehead.

My forehead has so many small bumps, I NEVER HAD these before benzoyl peroxide. shit fucked my life.

No, they do not even look like pimples.

I think you are just over analyzing your face. If it rrreeeeaaallllyyy bothers you try exfoliating with a different method, maybe using St. Ives Apricot Scrub.

No, they do not even look like pimples.

I think you are just over analyzing your face. If it rrreeeeaaallllyyy bothers you try exfoliating with a different method, maybe using St. Ives Apricot Scrub.

Guest Timehealsall

Also do you see any pitted scarring on my face, i.e. my forehead and cheeks.

Guest Timehealsall

would love an opinion from a modeartor