Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NeedAMiracle!

Tazorac Log

Okay so today marks the 11th week of being on Tazorac for me. So far all that has happened is that my face has gotten wayyy worse, with still NO sign of improvement. :(

This is the very last thing for me until i try Accutane which terrifies the hell outta me.. so who knows what im gonna do. I just want clear skin sooooooo bad and have been battling it for years, so after trying MANYYY different treatments i was finally put on Tazorac. I was so excited, really thinking this would help me with my acne but so far all it has done has made it 10 times more awful and im now on week 11! It's not irritating at all, so its not like thats why its making it worse. But its seriously like i have been in an initial breakout for 3 god damn months D:

Is it ever going to get better? I mean shouldnt it be clearing up a little by now..?

**Here are some pictures from today

(Oh and please excuse the complete ugliness.

I have no makeup on or anything, just good ole' zits on my face)

post-143089-1296278444_thumb.jpg

post-143089-1296278796_thumb.jpg

post-143089-1296279008_thumb.jpg

post-143089-1296279372_thumb.jpg

post-143089-1296278444_thumb.jpg

post-143089-1296278796_thumb.jpg

post-143089-1296279008_thumb.jpg

post-143089-1296279372_thumb.jpg

Edited by NeedAMiracle!

I think that the 11th week is still too early. I know the feeling. I have been on it for pretty much the same amount and I am still getting zits and I get them where I never got them before. The difference is, I have gone through this with retinoids before and I know that they take time. My acne is starting to clear up near my chin and my forehead so right now my temples are really the worst. And before Taz I never even got pimples on my temples. I am planning on keeping with it for at least 5 or six months and I am pretty confident that it will do its job. Keep updating the log so we can compare results. It will help the time pass by before clearness. Also, what face wash and moisturizer are you using? And do you moisturize before you apply the Taz? Are you on .05% or .1%?

bennyb:

Yeah ive been on other retiniods before too, but with Tazorac its been different...

as you can kinda see from my pictures Taz has caused me to break out into little bumps everywhereee on my skin. What does this mean??

& you also said that your acne is starting to clear up a little, but for me it just keeps getting worse! I havent noticed any improvement, actually the complete opposite. This makes me worry that the product is doing absolutely nothing for me. The purging process surely can't still be going on cause i have other been on other retinoids before with all the purging...

I honestly just don't know if i can keep using it, my face is just like going down hill. It was honestly MUCH better before i went to the derm yearss ago. :(

I use the Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer, reccomended by the derm. I yeah i moisturize before i put on the Taz. but only a little bit cause my face is soo oily, barely any dryness at all.

& i use Tazorac .01% gel, which is the strongest.

Talk to your doctor about adding something to kill the bacteria. In my experience, a combo of retinoid at night and bp during the day works much better than the lone retinoid.

Talk to your doctor about adding something to kill the bacteria. In my experience, a combo of retinoid at night and bp during the day works much better than the lone retinoid.

Thats actually what i usually do. I recently stopped using my morning BP medication though because im pretty sure im allergic to it. It also seemed to be doing nothing but making my face even worse. Ha, the Duac was okay i guess, but the Acanya in the morning... no.

i cant be positive but your acne looks a lot like some kind of rash or allergic reaction to me.

was your acne like this before you started tazorac?

if not, i would talk to your doctor.

being your at almost 3 months, i would give it maybe another month and if there is no sign of improvement, i would ask about other options.

i cant be positive but your acne looks a lot like some kind of rash or allergic reaction to me.

was your acne like this before you started tazorac?

if not, i would talk to your doctor.

being your at almost 3 months, i would give it maybe another month and if there is no sign of improvement, i would ask about other options.

Yeah thats what i am kinda thinking too. Which is weird cause the Tazorac isn't irritating at all. And aren't you supposed to peel like crazy on Taz?? I have zero dryness, actually my face is superr oily. So this just really makes me wonder...

& no my acne didnt look like this before using Taz. I didn't have all those tiny bumps everywhere, just like regular, bigger zits. Ahh i dont know what to do.

I think you should keep with it for at least another month. Every acne medicine takes time. When I used accutane it took 5 months to start seeing results, so Taz could take just as long.

I think you should keep with it for at least another month. Every acne medicine takes time. When I used accutane it took 5 months to start seeing results, so Taz could take just as long.

Yeah i know, i just wish i would start to see at least SOME kind of improvement...

So how about you, how is your skin with Taz? Like do you peel at all? What percentage are you on?

I am on .05% Taz gel. My skin has never peeled on any retinoid including accutane, so i didn't really expect it to anyway. I do keep my face well moisturized though with my complex 15 moisturizer combined with jojoba oil. I think that with taz the best thing is to just use taz and during the day to let your skin just rest by applying only moisturizer in the morning. My biggest problem is inflammation so I try to keep my skin from being irritated.

I am on .05% Taz gel. My skin has never peeled on any retinoid including accutane, so i didn't really expect it to anyway. I do keep my face well moisturized though with my complex 15 moisturizer combined with jojoba oil. I think that with taz the best thing is to just use taz and during the day to let your skin just rest by applying only moisturizer in the morning. My biggest problem is inflammation so I try to keep my skin from being irritated.

Yeah the only thing my face ever peeled on was Retin-A, but that was the very first topical i ever used on my skin, so it was probably because my skin wasn't used to a harsh medicine like that just yet. Every other medicine i was on i never peeled. My skin is super superr oily though which sucks a ton. And yeah thats my biggest problem too! Honestly my acne isnt THAT bad, it just looks waayy worse because its so inflamed and all red.

I just started on Taz 0.05% on Jan. 27th. Having used it only 2 times and I can definitly see how dry it is making my already dry skin. It's nothing like what BP caused bu then again my acne was slot more easier to deal with and BP cleared it up in a month. But I kind of have your kind of acne though I only get maybe 2-3 cystic like pimples a month, there rest are bumps or white heads.

I'm also using a Cetaphil lotion that my derm gave me a sample to try.

At first the lotion really did help and me not liking lotions at all actually liked how light and almost liquid feel Cetaphil has but after my second treatment of Taz in my first week my face is hiring after putting it on after a shower or cleansing.

Any idea why? I heard it can be an allergic reaction but why after a week of using it?

Also I heard of large pores (which I do have on my cheeks and that were it burns mostly) but I always make sure to splash my five with cold water to close them and gently pat dry.

Others say it's part of the healing process. I can't say it burns very long just the forst five minutes or so and then it's just a burning tingle but after putting rose salve or Vaseline to seal my face off it feels a lot better.

Well if it doesn't sting tooo bad, then that is probably normal. They say that you might have some side effects like redness, stinging, and what not, for the first few weeks. But after that you really shouldn't. If you still are experiencing this later on then im not really sure...

If it is really bothering you, try doing it every other night, then later start doing every night and see what happens. And make sure you moisturize. Oh and also make sure you apply Taz AT LEAST 30 minutes after you wash your face- this will help with irritation a lot. Also, make sure you are only using a tiny, pea size amount to cover your entire face. If your using too much that will definitely be more irritating causing your skin to break out more.

Well today marks week 12 for me on Tazorac. The Taz people say that this is when i am supposed to have seen a dramatic improvement now, or at least some kind if improvement. My skin just keeps getting worse and worse... I am breaking out into little bumps everywhere.. :/

I don't know who told you you would see results in 12 weeks, but in my opinion that is just too early. I've read many posts on here and 6 months is a much better timeframe. The fact that you're breaking out is still a good sign as the retinoids are bringing out all the impurities. Just hang in there!

I agree...just a bit more patience. Keep your chin up! :)

p.s. I'm going to move this to the log section. Please keep updating this. I'd love to see your progress!

Wow your acne is just like mine. I never had those tiny bumps before I started taking tazorac...I think there might me some kind of weird reaction with our skin. I'm not using it again after today.

Wow your acne is just like mine. I never had those tiny bumps before I started taking tazorac...I think there might me some kind of weird reaction with our skin. I'm not using it again after today.

Really? Hmm thats weird.. And yeah i stopped it too :/

Well guys, i have big news....

I stopped Tazorac. I'm sorry to all of you that really wanted me to stay on it, but i just couldn't. My acne has just gotten soo much worse since starting it and i had to stop. And i dont even really have much acne right now, what i mean is, now i have all these little bumps all over my face and thats not normal. My derm even told me to stop using it, i was right all along. haa

& hopefully any other Taz users out there, it works great for you, and you finally get that clear skin i am still trying to achieve.

Edited by NeedAMiracle!

aww girl ;( I'm sorry you feel this way. I haven't been on here in a few days.

But from my experience It took tazorac at least a year to properly work for me. I think asking your skin to do so much in such a little amount of time is asking a lot!

I've just begun to see a drastic improvement in my texture and color from my tazorac. And instead of waiting to apply it after a moisturizer, I immediately apply it to my face after I shower.

Taz has never burned my skin if that happens when you apply it I can see why you stopped.

I hope everything goes well with whatever you decided just remember anything good takes time! Even with accutane, it has to get worse before it gets better.

Yeah accutane took like 5 months to clear me. And my acne came back anyway, but not as bad. I am entering my 3rd month I think on taz and I am still going through stages of being clear for one week then having a 6-7 pimple breakout the next. I kind of expect this though because I have been on retinoids many times, but it still sucks. It's a bummer you quit the taz, but maybe it's for the best. Maybe try a less harsh retinoid cuz it sounds like your skin was really dried out. The bumps that you are talking about happened to me one time when I was on retin-a because I didn't moisturize enough.

Hey guys, you are all saying how i am 'asking way too much' of my face, but honestly i wasn't. I was neverrr expecting to have flawless skin while on Taz, just skin that was somewhat reasonable, that wouldnt make me cry every time i looked in the mirror...

& also i never even really had an initial breakout while on Taz which was kinda strange. and it made my skin superr oily, no dryness at all. and ever since i started using it i got bumps ALL OVER. I mean something just didnt seem right...

My derm didn't have to say anything last time i saw him, by the look of my skin, he knew this just wasn't the med for me. He said all that i have left to try is Accutane, which im not too sure on taking yet... so im gonna just keep trying different, gentler stuff for my skin and see how it goes.

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you all know that its been a few weeks since i stopped like everythinggg on my face and its looking much better!!

All together, I stopped using the Tazorac, the benzoyl peroxide, the solodyn pills, the salicylisic acid (if i spelled that right...) and any other product i was using pretty much. But before you go "no wonder thats why her face was breaking out, look at all those products!" let me tell you that i wasnt using all of those together at once. I experimented with them at different times.

All i have been using is a mild dandruff shampoo for my little bumps everywhere. THATS ALL, because my face seriously needed a nice break.

And that actually has been helping a ton. I dont use as much moisturizer either, due to my super oily face which might be helping.. who knows.

But i mean of course my face is nooo where near being clear, but i can honestly say it is significantly improving. And ANY improvement just brightens my day completely. haha :)

Whooo its been over a year now gasp.gif

Well just wanted to let anybody know that is still reading this, my face still looks worse than ever :l After I stopped Tazorac and all the other harsh ointments from the dermatologist my rashy thing on my face alll went away. So im pretty dang sure it was that all along. Ha now im just left with the actual acne with some red marks and scarring.

My last resort was Accutane so I finally gave in and Im on day 4 now! Im super nervous but way excited to see if this will finally be what works for me. I started an Accutane log so go check it out if you want! smile.png

Edited by NeedAMiracle!