Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Isaac Lee

Tap Water and Acne.

Absolutely 1000% yes. Tap water should never be consumed. Fecal matter, fluoride, prescription drug waste, chlorine, heavy metal, just to name a few bad things ... are in the water. It's terrible for your health, and the chlorine in it also destroys your arteries and cause heart attacks.

Reverse osmosis water into a glass jug from a machine is the best way to go imo. They have most of these filters in grocery stores in the U.S .

Also getting a showerfilter will help. I have a crystal quest.

Edited by AthleticHunta

Yeah absolutely. Even if you just get a Brita filter, it's better than drinking straight tap water!!

that's true, but brita is still a scam in my books. It doesn't do much if anything.

lmao what? Tap water doesn't have nearly enough of those things the guy above mentioned to be dangerous to our health. Unless your living in a third world country.

Brita filters are total scams. They are activated charcoal. They will drop the PPM's of your water not even 4%. I know a lot about water through my horticulture degree.

Tap water has many essential vitamins and minerals in it that go to waste through RRO. Calcium and Magnesium are high in tap water to name a few.

Though I 100% agree with filtering your shower head. Anything to eliminate the chlorine. I only wash my face in the shower.

Edited by Thehoper

lmao what? Tap water doesn't have nearly enough of those things the guy above mentioned to be dangerous to our health. Unless your living in a third world country.

Brita filters are total scams. They are activated charcoal. They will drop the PPM's of your water not even 4%. I know a lot about water through my horticulture degree.

Tap water has many essential vitamins and minerals in it that go to waste through RRO. Calcium and Magnesium are high in tap water to name a few.

Though I 100% agree with filtering your shower head. Anything to eliminate the chlorine. I only wash my face in the shower.

-The minerals in the water are not beneficial to the body and are actually poisonous whether it be calcium, magnesium, fluoride or chlorine.

-Best water is alkaline water.

-Hormones & drugs in tap water are impossible to filter out.

What about bottled water.

It states that it is Ozonated, Non Carbonated, Dissolved Mineral Salts: 290 ppm, Fluoride Ions 0ppm/

And the analysis ppm is:

As-0

HCO3-260

Ca-71

Cl-2.7

Cu-0

F-0

Mg-31

NO3-2.6

Pb-0

K-0.7

Na-1

SO4-5.9

Zn-0

Is that bad??

What is the best type of water (not too expensive)

Also, how is boiled water?

It states that it is Ozonated, Non Carbonated, Dissolved Mineral Salts: 290 ppm, Fluoride Ions 0ppm/

And the analysis ppm is:

As-0

HCO3-260

Ca-71

Cl-2.7

Cu-0

F-0

Mg-31

NO3-2.6

Pb-0

K-0.7

Na-1

SO4-5.9

Zn-0

Is that bad??

Your best bet is to get reverse osmosis filter

The analysis shows extremely small amounts of substances that shoud not be in your water however over the long term these extremely small amounts to become more and more and more.

Boiling water is worst if anything because it causes the steam (pure water) to leave the water but the bacteria, hormones, minerals (poisons in water) become more concentrated.

Reverse osmosis filters are your best bet and the cheapest in the long term. Many people have them, just do a few google searches and ask around.

And the analysis ppm is:

As-0

HCO3-260

Ca-71

Cl-2.7

Cu-0

F-0

Mg-31

NO3-2.6

Pb-0

K-0.7

Na-1

SO4-5.9

Zn-0

Is that bad??

Your best bet is to get reverse osmosis filter

The analysis shows extremely small amounts of substances that shoud not be in your water however over the long term these extremely small amounts to become more and more and more.

Boiling water is worst if anything because it causes the steam (pure water) to leave the water but the bacteria, hormones, minerals (poisons in water) become more concentrated.

Reverse osmosis filters are your best bet and the cheapest in the long term. Many people have them, just do a few google searches and ask around.

Okay, just a quick question.

Is there like a Tap filter or a jug filter (like a portable one) or do you have to get a filter like installed?

The average American tap water is 0.06 PPM. Your wasting your time and money trying to make it less PPM, it's absolutely fine for the body. Tap water is the last thing you should worry about, and you actually shouldn't be worrying about it at all.

Yes, you could drink RRO water or other purified water. But your wasting your time. Purifiers create tiny structures that literally filter the water, filters just large enough so that water molecules can pass through. But guess what? The most dangerous particles pesticides, herbicides, and chlorine are SMALLER molecules then water. So they pass through as well. Defeating the entire purpose. The only way to also stop those is to add a carbon filter on top of the purifying process. AKA it's inefficient and ineffective for drinking water.

Your also stripping water of the vital minerals, and yes, they are vital ethical_care. By stripping all those vital minerals, you can actually make the water unsafe for a human to drink. Purifying water also strips the good tasting molecules in water. Another thing is that RRO methods other purifiers waste a lot of water. For every 3 gallons ya toss through, you get 1 back. Not good for a planet with not enough fresh water as it is.

Some 3rd world countries have cleaner water than us in western society.

(Some:)

-they don't filter sewrage for water

-they dont have hormones, drugs and minerals (poisons) in water

-don't have pooh in the water

The above is very subjective but in no way inaccurate.

Some 3rd world countries have cleaner water than us in western society.

(Some:)

-they don't filter sewrage for water

-they dont have hormones, drugs and minerals (poisons) in water

-don't have pooh in the water

The above is very subjective but in no way inaccurate.

Thanks "Thehoper" for your information.

I suggest for your own interest you research anywhere about the flaws of having minerals in our water. The only reason it is there is to kill bacteria,etc. Otherwise it is not beneficial. These minerals are available in required amounts through food.

How would boiling water increase the amount of bacteria in the water o.O And just so I'm understanding, you guys are saying that Brita/Pur types of filters are bad altogether, while some are saying tap is fine, and others are saying reverse osmosis?

How would boiling water increase the amount of bacteria in the water o.O And just so I'm understanding, you guys are saying that Brita/Pur types of filters are bad altogether, while some are saying tap is fine, and others are saying reverse osmosis?

Lots of people provide knowledge whether they know the true facts or not. Obviously it is a great thing they are trying to help and it should be encouraged! :D

The problem comes when people persuade people to believe "their opinion is correct" when it isn't.

The best for everyone reading things anywhere from a government website to a curezone thread is to do their own research and not always believe what others say.

In this day and age the safest form of water in my humble opinion is reverse osmosis water

Costs about $150 from a legitimate retailer installation may be $30 and it all comes with filters etc.

Maintenance is every 6months and involves replacing filters,etc costing a marginal 30-$60 every 6months.

Edited by Ethical_Care

I'm pretty sure tap water is safe to drink. But I know its not the cleanest water in the world but I don't think its bad for you.I always boil the water I drink and I don't get acne form doing that. Also if there are all these chemicals in the tap water, wouldn't using it on your face be just as bad.

I would stay away from bottled water because I'm pretty sure they de-mineralized it so it doesn't have any nutrients.

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

You know, I've never heard of anyone dying from drinking tap water..... Seriously, I enjoy this section, but I honestly think that people in here over-analyze shit WAY too much. It's water. If it were seriously that unhealthy, people would be suffering from it, as in deaths.

What, do you guys all live in cities that do not actually clean the water? Spring water is supposed to be all clean and pure, yet contains all those minerals. So obviously those minerals are fine (unless your water supply itself is poorly regulated by the city you live in, in which case the water might be horrible). And I'm sure tap water isn't as "pure" as spring water, but it's clearly safe for human consumption.

I've seen your face somewhere on the internet I just can't think of where :S

Water can cause long term diseases when it has hormones and drugs in it.

WHERE HAVE I SEEN YOUR FACE AHHHHH!! :S :S

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

These "poisonous" minerals are perfectly fine. Sure, some areas are not very well filtered (even spring water has to be filtered), but most places do filter it just fine. And only pregnant women, very young children, and the elderly would need to consider the water supply and whether it is "pure" enough to prevent any issues.

I've not heard of one person ever becoming sick from drinking water that has been adequately filtered through the city. Not one.

The likelihood of hormones and drugs being within a water supply is very very very low. At most, a small percentage of man-made chemicals will be found in pretty much all areas. Yet this amount is so low that it really is not of concern to the average citizen.

If naturally-found minerals were to become poisonous to the body, the effects would already be seen. Yes, some nations would be required to buy filtered water because they do not have access to filtered water. But industrialized nations pretty much don't have that issue, other than maybe a few areas here and there that aren't very well filtered through the city itself. If mineral content in water were to become dangerous, it would more likely be the fault of having old piping than the water itself. And developing nations being unable to drink unfiltered water that is naturally found does not have to do with the naturally-found minerals in water; it would have to do with anything in the ecosystem that is contaminating the water (yes, things int he ecosystem can do that! Animals leaving their excrement everywhere, you think that's healthy for water supply?)

You put a lot of effort for not much factual information.

You knowing or not knowing any people who were hurt in some way by drinking tap water is irrelevant. There will be no studies done to prove what I said is true since these studies are funded by the government and the government is filtering the water.

...It would just be digging itself into a hole.

I could say a lot more but I'm rather suspicious of where I've seen your photo :S

These "poisonous" minerals are perfectly fine. Sure, some areas are not very well filtered (even spring water has to be filtered), but most places do filter it just fine. And only pregnant women, very young children, and the elderly would need to consider the water supply and whether it is "pure" enough to prevent any issues.

I've not heard of one person ever becoming sick from drinking water that has been adequately filtered through the city. Not one.

The likelihood of hormones and drugs being within a water supply is very very very low. At most, a small percentage of man-made chemicals will be found in pretty much all areas. Yet this amount is so low that it really is not of concern to the average citizen.

If naturally-found minerals were to become poisonous to the body, the effects would already be seen. Yes, some nations would be required to buy filtered water because they do not have access to filtered water. But industrialized nations pretty much don't have that issue, other than maybe a few areas here and there that aren't very well filtered through the city itself. If mineral content in water were to become dangerous, it would more likely be the fault of having old piping than the water itself. And developing nations being unable to drink unfiltered water that is naturally found does not have to do with the naturally-found minerals in water; it would have to do with anything in the ecosystem that is contaminating the water (yes, things int he ecosystem can do that! Animals leaving their excrement everywhere, you think that's healthy for water supply?)

You put a lot of effort for not much factual information.

You knowing or not knowing any people who were hurt in some way by drinking tap water is irrelevant. There will be no studies done to prove what I said is true since these studies are funded by the government and the government is filtering the water.

...It would just be digging itself into a hole.

I could say a lot more but I'm rather suspicious of where I've seen your photo :S

Kindly drop the paranoia. Thanks. Ashley's a long-term and decent member of this community.

Absolutely 1000% yes. Tap water should never be consumed. Fecal matter, fluoride, prescription drug waste, chlorine, heavy metal, just to name a few bad things ... are in the water. It's terrible for your health, and the chlorine in it also destroys your arteries and cause heart attacks.

Up there with the funniest, most outrageous and downright stupid paragraphs i have ever read. Can't even pick a favourite part, it's all gold.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape