Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PoBoy

Nature's Cure review - w/ aloe and Oil of Olay

Poboy, in ur pics, i realized you had some red marks, perhaps hyperpigmentation. And in the wedding pictures, it was gone~!, Does your regime also work against red marks? because im looking for a regime dat cleanses my face and gets rid of my red marks.

thanks.

Aloe baby!! Aloe has helped significantly in healing my skin. However, looking a little tanner helps too. I of course sat out in the sun before my wedding. Nevertheless, I get the occasional pimple and cannot resist popping it...but I slap on some aloe and it will scab up and descab in 2 occasionally 3 days. The redness is usually gone within a week. 2 Thumbs up for aloe! I seriously put it on at least twice a day...more if I have a popped zit or a bad shaving day. It's great for healing your skin.

Wow. You have a really cute wife!!! Anyway, it's nice that you found something that worked for you. I'll try getting my hands on that acne tab you just recommended. Maybe it isn't so bad after all.

Hi Poboy,

Thanks for sharing your story. I have been reading a lot about Nature's Cure and after reading your story and seeing your pics, I am sold. I live in Europe where Nature's Cure is not available, and buying them online meant high shipping costs (more than the cost of the products itself). I have had the misery of zit-filled face in my teenage years and got over it. At 36, I have had it with the zits. I get depressed more and more as I look in the mirror each day.

Thanks again for your encouraging story.

Good luck with it!

UPDATE: I am still on it and am having steady results of being acne free using the morning and night pills. I still get a very occasional zit at the corner of my mouth, but other than that Im pretty much zit free. Im pretty much off the Nature's Cure BP creame unless I feel a zit coming on or one pops up. I am also now in my "repair" phase. I'm trying a few pore refining cleansers and moisturizers for night time treatment - no luck so far. I also switched from Phisoderm to Cetaphil cleanser for my morning treatment. I am happy with it as it is VERY gentle. I wouldnt use it though if my skin wasnt looking so good. It's a little too gentle for drying up and preventing acne IMOP. It's great for my current skin state though...I dont have to use nearly as much moisturizer in the morning now. Aloe is still flowing all over my skin...I love this stuff. It's especially great for razor burn on my neck (I lost my braun syncro and have a cheap replacement for the time being that rips into my neck...but the aloe does a wonderful job at keeping the irritation down and healing the cuts).

That's it for now...good luck to any of you that decided to try it out!

Hi Poboy

Just wondered how you take the tablets. Do they have to be taken away from food? - most homeopathic pills do - or can you take them any time?

Thanks

The instructions dont say anything about taking them with or without food, but I take my morning one right after I brush my teeth and I usually dont have much of a breakfast other than a bagle and a cup of coffee - usually just the coffee. The night pill I take right after I brush my teeth followed by no food intake - straight to bed.

Hope that helps!

Wow it's pretty wierd because I just bought NC and I picked up the SAME EXACT aloe while I was at the store. Pretty cool I thought. Hey PoBoy...just a question for you...how is your diet from since you had acne till now? McDonalds? Greasy food? Thanks!

About 2 years ago I tried the pills and they worked pretty good... However, I dropped it because the bp cream is 5% too overdrying and I found no use for,

Thinking about it, those pills did a lot to clear me up that time... I think it's time to try it again, regardless of the cream or not!

Thx!

My diet has always been pretty good...and I definitely did not change it when I went on NC. I dont drink much soda...I am a water person. I do eat a lot of beef and chicken...but my wife cooks just about every day of the week, so I dont eat fast food but once or twice for lunch. Nevertheless, she cooks with a LOT of spice. Lots of garlic, onion, peppers. We use Extra Virgin Olive Oil for most of our cooking...so the food isnt that greasy unless it's a poor week and we cna only afford the70% lean stuff.

No clue how effective it would be to just take the pills other than to say that I pretty much just take the pills, slap on the aloe, and Oil of Olay on top of that. I just use the creme when I get a zit...so just spot treatment. And like I mentioned above, I overdosed on the pills once and my lipps were SUPER dry. I was miserable for 3 days. No amount of Carmex would relive them. The pills are doing something...

My skin is REALLY dry too. A splash of water requires more moisturizer. Try the Aloe combined with Oil of olay. Try and keep the aloe off the edges of your nose and your lips...then slap on the moisturizer all over. I was misserable for years until I started this combination. WORKS GREAT! Then just use the creme for spot treatment. If your face is really broken out and "spot treatment" is your whole face...work on your cheeks first. Just spot treatment there and leave the rest alone. If that area clears up, then work on another area. Do a LITTLE at a time.

I'm going to try this as well. I bought the womens NC. Any ladies out there try this stuff and it worked??

Hey, sorry for the LATE response. My wife and I just moved out to Arizona and it has taken quite some time to get settled.

Alison got her driess at a little bridal shop in Lake Zurich, IL (her home town outside Chicago).

Too funny on the other similarites...my parrents fot married in the same manner as well. Its scarey at times to see the similarities between our folks.

UPDATE: Well over a year now and I am still on Nature's Cure. I now buy it in bulk from an eBay seller for about $5 a box including shipping (Rodney Ernst [[email protected]]). I ran out for 3 weeks when we moved to Phoenix and was unable to find a drug store that carried it...well i had a mild breakout (5 large whiteheads right around my mouth - one on each corner - I HATE THOSE). eBay bailed me out though and Im am pretty much all clear again after 3 weeks of being back on the pills.

I have changed things a little bit...I use the Cetaphil Cleanser twice a day but every 3rd day I use the "Appricot Medicated Scrub" at night only. It was $2.50 for 8oz at the grocery store...damn good deal if you ask me. Anyway, I have to be super gental with it, but it does a real good job of exfoliating. Otherwise: carmex, aloe, oil of olay/cetaphil, and the bp5 cream are still part of my daily regimine.

About the messing up of female cycles...its all homeopathy drugs...the only thing screwing up cylcles is your mental state. The Nature's Cure website has all sorts of FAQ answers about the side effects of the product which are none. The product definitely isnt for everyone, but it will work for some like myself.

poboy- a couple of questions, did you experience any initial breakout with the nautures cure? and do you think its ok to take it along with b5?

Thank you PoBoy for being as generous to share your story of succes with us. It's great that people like to help others with finding their cure and even coming back to the forums when they're already clear.

I will try Nature's Cure if the Burt's Bees products haven't cleared me up around the first week of May.

Sorry again for the late response...I must have missed the topic reply notification.

Anyway, no I didnt have an intial breakout. My acne is err WAS considered mild. I would just get 5-10 large whiteheads at a time. One would go away, and another would pop up a millimeter over.

I've chatted through email with many others that have used a similar regimine to mine. Seems as though success is tied in with having mild acne. Like I said before...worked for me and MAY work for you - everyone is different unfortunately sad.gif

Ya'll feel free to email me...many of you have - hopefully you got the answers you were looking for.

I gotten a few PMs recently, so I thought I'd update. Almost 2 years now and Im still on the system. Since moving down to Phoenix, I feel I need less moisturizer than usual. I just dab a little here and there...after a few minutes the rest of my skin seems to catch up.

My regimine hasnt changed much...I do use an exfoliator ie. Apricott Scrub once or twice a week. Feels good afterwards, but if I do it every day, skin gets a little too raw. Here is what Im doing

Night:

Shower - Dove moisturizing shampoo and soap

Cetaphil face wash in shower (use Apricott Scrub or whatever exfoliator is on sale 1-2 times a week)

NC pill

NC night cream spot treatment

Fruit of the Earth Aloe

Cetaphil Moisturizer

Morning/Day:

Shower - just rinse away my bed head and wash face with Cetaphil

NC Pill

Fruit of Earth Aloe - neck usually is irritated from shaving - aloe helps LOTS

Oil of Olay Moisturizer

Ive been getting Cetaphil and Oil of Olay products at Costco...MUCH cheaper than at CVS or Walgreens. The CVS around the corner carries Natures Cure for $8 minus $1 off coupon.

Since moving to Phoenix, I have been having some problems with razor burn and my neck. I have always had difficulty getting a close shave on my neck...lately this has resulted in razor burn because I really push to get a close shave. Anyway, ALOE helps tremendously to take away the redness and heal any cuts.. I tried not shaving for a few days...that resulted in a couple whiteheads...probably do to oils being trapped in my irritated skin by my wiskers. Anyway, I shaved...spot treatment with night creme...gone in a week. I continue to shave daily and deal with the irritation. Hopefully once it cools down below 100, this problem will go away.

I did have a whitehead pop up last week on the edge of my lip...gone in a week w/ twice a day spot treatment. I blame that one on a sloppy kiss from my wife...

Other than that...I'm still VERY satisfied with nature's cure and the other products I've been using. Ive gotten a few PMs about it helping but not clearing them up completely...so you stopped. My suggestion is that if it is working for you...but not clearing you completely...continue to use it and try adding something else. More BP for example.

Still...I think the NUMBER 1 factor in clear skin is keeping your skin comfortable and irritation free. I see so many people pour chemicals on their skin and dry the crap out of them. That's only going to irritate your skin further. MODERATION is key. Dont shock your skin...it's not going to heal over night anyways. Get control...then add a little more or something a little stronger. In my younger acne days, I was always trying out the latest maximum strenght stuff thinking it would help the best. Night creme, day creme, oxy pads, exfoliatiors...everything at once. I couldnt smile without shedding a couple layers of skin. I was misserable. So...if you are miserable...back off. Find another regimine. If you arent happy your skin isnt going to be either...

Hey there... thanks for the update! This sounds great, I think I'm going to give it a try.

BTW, beautiful wedding pictures!