Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PoBoy

Nature's Cure review - w/ aloe and Oil of Olay

I searched around here and saw very little feedback on "Nature's Cure", so I thought Id put in my 2 cents. My main problem with all other types of acne treatment is that it dries my skin out waaay too much. If I just take a shower - dont even soap up, my skin will be super dry. If I could buy Oil of Olay moisturizer by the gallons, I would. At age 23 I had pretty much given up on fighting acne. I found that just drinking a whole lot of water and using a regular facewash like pHisoderm did just as well as anything else (Proactive included) - but left me a little less dry and more comfortable.

Nevertheless, November 2003 rolled around and I was getting married in July 2004. I decided I really needed to do something to help things out...so I got back on the wagon of watching infomercials and trying out all the latest and greatest in acne treatment. I saw the Nature's cure ad and the pill concept drew me in since just about anything I put on my face dries me out. I bought a 4 months supply ( think it was buy 2 get 2 free infomercial or something) and went at it doing the following:

1. Nature's Cure Pills - 1 day 1 night

2. pHisoderm gentle clenser during night time shower and sometimes during my morning shower depending upon dryness of skin. If I wakeup dry, no morning pHisoderm.

NOTE: I shower 2 times a day EVERY day. I only use shampo/soap at night though.

3. Next I put on Carmex lipbalm stuff (the little yellow/white jar) every night/morning before I do any of the following steps. I put a decent amount on my lips so that anything I put on top wont dry them out first. I carry and reapply Carmex throughout the day. I love that stuff!

4. I put on the Nature's Cure cream at night and occasionally in the morning again depending upon how dry my skin was. If my skin is dry when I wake up...no morning cream session.

5. If I have some acne show up I put some Aloe on after the NC cream dries. It's the "Fruit of the Earth" Aloe Vera used for sunburns and whatnot. I AM A FIRM beleiver in the healing power of aloe. If you are a zit popper - this stuff will help you out greatly in healing em up! I highly suggest people to try putting a little of this stuff on your acne areas. It definitely will not prevent acne, but it can help heal it!

6. I always follow with Oil of Olay sensitive moisturizer...there is just no point in feeling crappy all day because your skin is tight. There are many moisturizer options out there, but I like this one simply because it doesnt smell at all and gets the job done after one coating. Many others I have tried, I had to reapply or it wouldnt absorb quickly enough - so if it rained or I got wet somehow, it would show up on my face - NOW THAT WAS AN EMBARRASING DAY IN HIGHSCHOOL! Clown face sad.gif - GUYS OUT THERE - IT'S OKAY TO USE MOISTURIZER! It's actually a good thing!

That's it. Very quick and easy to do. However, I did not get results quickly. It took a good month and a half for it to stat kicking in - but boy did it kick in! By mid January I was acne free with a very occasional pimple here and there. I was absolutely shocked! March rolled around and I was still looking my best in 10 years...but I ran out of the pills but still had a stocade of the cream. I was a little skeptical of the pills so I decided to just use the cream and save some pennies. Well April rolled around and I was noticing a change for the worse. A zit here and there turned into 3-4 poppers every day. Realizing the mistake and teh wedding was just a few months away - I bought another stockade of the pills. A month later, I was back on track and looking good!

Come May I had very little need for Aloe and also used the Nature's Cure cream less and less. Today I use the cream maybe once or twice a week. Im very happy - my skin is still dry every time I shower, but a little Oil of Olay fixes that. I had that problem anyway before moving to this system.

So do the pills work? Well, I did an accidental experiment the week before my wedding. I missed 3 night pills with all the wedding chaos going on. I started to get all worried that I would break out and ruin the wedding pictures...so I took all 3 missed pills plus the one for that night. Ohh was that a mistake...my lips were SOOOO dry for the next 2 days - extremely uncomfortable. I didnt take any pills or put on any cream...just a lot of moisturizer and Carmex. So do the pills do anything? Well unless I had a bad reaction to somehting I ate, I attribute the sudden dryness of my lips to the overdose on the pills. Thus, I have to say they work for me! The cream helps too - but I have gotten to a point where I dont think I need it and am phasing it out as I mentioned above.

My wedding pictures turned out great! My skin still isnt "perfect"...but the improvement makes me feel sooooo much better about myself. I hope my children get my wife's skin, but if they get mine - I assure you I will invest whatever I can to help them avoid the acne bug...

Caucasin 23 yr old Male - acne since 13. Tried it all from putting tape on my face to the Igia Electronic Blemish remover. Nature's Cure works...for me. Someone may attribute the clearup to my age as acne clears up as you get older...but I still get little pimples here and there. I also have a decent amount of acne on my back...I'm going to try the Nature's cure body system starting September. So I dont think you can attibute the clearup to my age since I still have it on my back. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions. I just wanted to share with you all my system that it took 10 years to find. I absolutely HATED my acne and I cannot tell you how much more confidence I have since it has disappated. If you have pretty much given up...try this system out.

I re-read this and it kind of sounds like an infomercial that you may not beleive. Here are my websites...I assure you I am just a regular person. You wont find any closeups of me as I simply refused to put them on the internet b/c of my acne. But you can atleast verify that it is me and I am a real Joe Schmoe person smile.gif

PoBoy

http://www.poboytech.net - a website dedicated to my old 4Runner

http://wedding.ferrara.cc/gallery - just a picture gallery of my wedding

BEFORE - Pictures taken November 2002 - I assure this was considered a GOOD day for me. I looked the same/worse Nov 2003:

user posted image

user posted image

AFTER - Pictures taken July 24, 2004:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Guest Tracy

OMG you and your wife are so adorable!! Beautiful pics. Congrats!! bb_eusa_clap.gif

Thats cool Poboy, good to see a sucess story!

Damn getting married at 23! YOUR INSANE! lol.

Thanks...I'm sure you all know that some things work for different people. My college roommate and I both got on ProActive our Freshman year...he cleared up in a couple months...I just got worse and super dry.

I just wanted to offer this more as a sign of hope and to keep trying. There are so many choices out there...hopefully one will work. My wife just uses Clearasil (sp?) spot treatment and my pHisoderm cleaner - it's pretty obvious she's got great skin. Everyone is different...so dont get too bogged down if things dont work. I did my Junior year in highs chool and disappeared from the social scene from a while. But I picked my head up...a few years later...look who I have as my wife!!

FWIW: We met first week of college and dated ever since...5 years later we got married. She's always look as cute as a button and I always (till now) had an acne issue...just goes to show that there are people out there that will look past bumps on your skin smile.gif

I'll be 24 in a few weeks bb_icon_mrgreen.gif But yeah...we are super young, but it made so much sense to get married. Plus, we are now saving like $600 a month in rent and utilities...which helps out a ton since Im unemployed. We dated "old fashion" style and never moved in till married. So far so good!

bb_eusa_clap.gif Oh good for you so great to see succes stories . I have also found my miracle product a year ago when the emu oil craze came about its still working wonders for my skin.

Maybe that was my problem with NC.. I didnt use it long enough. I guess Ill give it another try then.. once Im done with my Minocycline.

Maybe that was my problem with NC.. I didnt use it long enough. I guess Ill give it another try then.. once Im done with my Minocycline.

awssome...and beautiful wedding pics...what are the ingredients in nature's cure by the way..are they listed? thanx...although i'm not really breaking out but do have some clogged pores>

Thanks!

Here are the ingredients on the back of the box and copied from drugstore.com:

Ingredients:

Tablets: Active Ingredients: Calendula officinalis (marigold) 6x, Hydrastis canadensis (golden seal) 6x, Juglans regia (walnut) 6x, Antimonium Crudum (antimonious sulfide) 12x, Echinacea angustifolia (cone flower) 12x, Ledum palustre (wild rosemary) 12x, Orchitinum (glandular) 12x, Sarsaparilla (wild licorice) 12x, Hepar Sulfuris Calcareum (calcium sulfide) 24x, Carbo Vegetabilis (vegetable carbon) 30x, Cimifuga racemosa (black cohosh) 30x, Graphites (graphite) 30x. Inactive ingredients: Lactose, Magnesium Stearate

Made in accordance with the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States. For more information on these all-natural ingredients, visit naturescure.com

Cream: Active Ingredient: Benzoyl Peroxide (5%). Other Ingredients: Purified water, Carbomer 940, Allantoin, Aloe Vera concentrate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Disodium Edetate, Dioctyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Hydroxide.

Thanks for the ingredients poboy! calendula is supposedly good for healing the skin...keihls makes a toner with it as a main ingredient I should start using it again!

Just bought 2 more boxes for $10.50 on ebay shipped! For that price...it's totally worth a try if you havent found anything working for you yet.

I should probably note that my acne was pretty much all whiteheads. Pop one - 4 more show up. I have the same issue on my back so I'm going to try the body treatment...I'll make sure to keep ya'll updated.

first of all, congratulations on your wedding!!

secondly i'd just like to add my praises for nature's cure, it definitely worked and is still working for me.

i don't have any before pictures, but it sounds like my acne was a little milder than yours, and it's been that way for about 5 years (i'm now 18). i've tried proactiv, dan's regimen, botchla's regimen, clean and clear, clearasil and neutrogena products, as well as rx meds such as antibiotics and topicals like differin and benzaclin... all to no avail.

after 2 weeks of nature's cure, i could see a slight improvement, and now after a month my skin is pretty much 100% clear!

i, too, am a firm believer in the power of aloe, and i use the fruit of the earth aloe vera gel as a moisturizer in the morning. here's my daily routine, if anyone cares:

morning:

-1 nature's cure pill

-burt's bees garden tomato complexion soap

-nature's cure body acne treatment spray (it has 2% salicylic acid, i just spray it on a pad and wipe it over my face)

-fruit of the earth aloe vera gel

evening:

-1 nature's cure pill

-burt's bees garden tomato complexion soap

-burt's bees citrus facial scrub

-nature's cure body acne treatment spray

it's very quick, and is working like a charm. i use the nature's cure BP just as spot treatment, whereas the salicylic acid spray i use for preventative measures.

i've used plenty of BP and SA products before, so i am fairly certain that it's the homeopathy that is making the big difference. dan's and botchla's regimens were pretty effective, but i still had breakouts occasionally, blackheads, and little tiny bumps that never quite surfaced to become pimples. with nature's cure, my blackheads are slowly but surely disappearing, i have no more of those tiny bumps, and my skin looks great if i do say so myself. i just have some dark spots left over from old old blemishes, but the aloe is clearing that up nicely. i'm using the nature's cure body spray just b/c i got it for free , but i think i'm going to switch to neutrogena rapid clear acne defense lotion that also has 2% salicylic acid in it, or perhaps a similar product from clean and clear.

whew. a long reply, but i needed to share, since it's helped me so much

thats pretty freaky. I was on the SAME EXACT regimen for awhile.

NC............... check

Aloe........ check

Oil of Olay sensitive moisturizer.... check

I stopped with the aloe and OOO because I saw little improvements. I think I made the mistake of using two mositurizers... the Aloe wasnt really aloe but more of a Aloe skin healing cream, which was GURANTEED to stop dryness...

Marriage is good so far...I have to leave my wife though and move to Phoenix 2 months ahead of her. I leave her Friday sad.gif

Anyway, NC has had a few different boxes...my current box looks like the one on the left but it is skinnier. It also came with free body spray strapped to it. I dont think Ive ever had the box on the right although Ive seen it. I get it at Walgreens so I can use the $1.00 off coupons.

Actually this looks really good would definitely draw me in even if it DID happen to be marketing. You seem to have had the exact same problem areas as me right side of the face concentrated in the jaw line area and no real problems on forehead or left side of face. Therefore im particularly interested. Could you tell me how shaving fitted in to this regime and any possible problems related with this? Thanks.

Yeah...sounds like you have similar problem areas. Occaisionally I would get some on my forehead, but they were usally on my scalp line due to excessive drying of my scalp. Dandriff shampoos cured that problem for me...

Shaving...I switched to the Braun Syncro self cleaning shaver - the one that you drop in a stand and it cleans itself with alcohol. I got it for Christmas 2003 - a month after I started this regimine. I feel it is a good saftey precaution as I clean it every shave so that there is NO bacteria on it. If you like electric razors this is the one to have. As far as my shaving time and whatnot...I shave every morning after I get up, after I brush my teeth, but before I shower which also means before I wash my face. With the braun I can usually do my face in one PAINLESS swoop. My neck is always harder and requires more time...and occasionally I do irritate my skin around my adams apple and under my jaw. That used result in a spot here and there...but now I smack it with aloe a couple times a day...NO PROBLEMS. Aloe is great for healing shaving nicks/cuts and calming irritated skin.

Any other questions ask away...no more pictures of the wife will be provided though tongue.gif

OK that was a quality fast reply. Ill probably give this one a few months of my life and see. Your results seem encouraging. Cant seem to find anywhere in the UK that sells the product but im sure ill figure somethin out. Thanks for the help.

Good luck with it! I'm definitely not a marketing rep for NC nor do I have any affiliation with them. I am just a joe schmoe who tried a ton of different products and this one finally worked for me. Of course everyone is different - and there is no one cure for all of our different skin types...however, this one worked for me. Anyway, I'm up to 78 posts on this forum...a lot are praise for NC, but a lot are not. I probably push Aloe more than NC since Aloe is more of a universal skin type ointment. It's definitely part of my success.

I dont know if Walgreens ships there...but you can buy it at walgreens.com , drugstore.com, and it pops up on ebay a lot too.

Here is a froogle link: http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=%22Nat...p&sa=N&start=10

Good luck finding it!