Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tillmanr

Finallymeds working very well

I have tried alot over my 4 or so years with acne. i have been taking systemic antibiotics for the whole duration and I can tell they have always Helped ( when I dont take them my chest begins to break out a bit the topicals work keep the acne at bay on my face) minocycline is the antibiotic I was prescribed and it is by far the most effectice long term antibiotic (mino 60% reduction in pimples doryx about 40%) and bacteria never acquire resistance to the med. unlike most tetras. Differin is also extremely effective I PROMISE. I can tell you this because I quit using for about a month because my face was clear and I wanted to see If I just outgrew the acne and not use any more meds. KABAM acne came so i went back on it and my face is smooth and so much clearer. I believe an integral part to using topical retinoids is cetaphil gentle skin cleanser. Some people hate it but people using retinoids should love it if they use it right ( splash warm water on face squeeze a puddle about the size 3 inches in diameter on your palm and massage onto face until the cleanser turns whitish then rinse offwith warmer water and I mean rinse rinse rinse I do it about 15 times) your face will look wierd for about two days then your face will be smooth and, I promise, clear. The cleanser helps the differin absorb at night I personally like to use a little more than a pea size. I have also been using clindamyacin(clindagel) lately in conj. with the differin and face has cleared up probably 50% just in the last 4 days. Seriously I was pondering accutane because my face got so bad after quitting all my other meds and when I decided to go back on the meds it took about 7 weeks to get my skin clear again but at the7 week I by chance had a derm appointment and he was said my skin was practically clear and it really was.

SO IN SHORT

MORNING: CETAPHIL GSC (SEE UP ABOVE FOR HOW TO USE)

100MG MINOCIN

NIGHT: CETAPHIL GENTLE SKIN CLEANSER

WIAT 15 MINUTED

DIFFERIN

WAIT 2 MIN

CLINDAGEL

THIS REALLY SHOULD WORK WONDERS FOR MILD/MODERATE PEOPLE JUST GIVE IT 6-8 WEEKS AND I PROMISE YOUR SKIN WILL BE SMOOTH AND CLEAR WITHOUT ACCUTANE.

I do a very similar regimen, but would reccommend you do the clindagel in the morning since your not using any topicals then. It probably will get absorbed better than on top of the differin gel ya know? thats what I do and I take doryx with it too. Trust me Clinda,ycin in the morning..

Smoothbeamin.. cool.gif

that's the regimen i'm on right now too- except no clindagel- just mino and differin. It seems to be working alright on my chest and back- it's onlt been like a week too. I love how the differin doesn't irritate me at all!!!! It's the first time ever!

hey smoothbeaming, u used tazorac cream? im going into week 3 of it now and was wondering, i hear people say "give it 3 months for it to work" but do they mean, after 3 months, it'll start clearing me up, or after 3 months, ill be clear? and the doc said to use it once a day at night, but would it be bad to use it in the mornin too? it doesn't irritate me anymore, actaully makes my skin feel really nice, thx for any hlep u can give

Hi,

I've never used this particular regime, however i was on minocycline for over two years and topical clindamycin and they did nothing to help me at all, I thought the clindamycin was like wiping water over my face....it did nothing.

I believe i am resistant to both types now, however I have not used differin, perhaps i will suggest that to my derm next time i see him. At present i'm on erythromycin (which gives you such bad stomach cramps at 1000mg a day!!) and isotrex (apparently the strongest topical you can put on your face....which is probably why i have dry horrible painful skin all the time at the mo).

Maybe my acne is worse and resistant now, so not sure your regime would work, but i havent tried differin and combined topical treatments seems to be the way to go at the mo.

hey grogula I agree that the clindagel is not extremely effective but in conjunction with differin, which opens pores, it works alright. But if thats not your thing I truly highlt recommend you to use differin. It is very not irritating, hech old ladies use it to get rid of wrinkles,. I would highlly recommend the mino too, it is almost ipossible for the bacteria to gain resistance to it.