Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fudgestix

Has the Acne.org regimen made anyone worse?

It depends on how long you are using it for. In the beginning most people experience breaking out because your skin is purging all of the bacteria. I've never developed more acne then I had, though. I really like DKR.

Thanks, I want to know if there's anyone who has had long term effects for example permanent redness or even more scarring. Or worse acne, etc.

Thanks, I want to know if there's anyone who has had long term effects for example permanent redness or even more scarring. Or worse acne, etc.

It does deplete your skin of nutrients and antioxidants, as well as create free radicals over time... so it's actually not very good in the long run, and could you make you even more acne prone down the line :eh:

In the long run, it messes up your skin. It ages you like nobody's business.

I never had acne ever growing up- I had amazing skin and all I used was Aveda Cleanser, Toner, and Moisturizer.

However- I turned 30 and all hell broke loose. I had kids, had a Mirena put in and taken out- low and behold nasty nasty acne. Cysts, whiteheads, blackheads, you name it- I had it.

I'm going on 38 and have given up pretty much- I went back to basics and my skin is getting better.

I always looked young and some stay I still do- but the damage of BP and other harsh treatments (I have done them all except Accutane) created wrinkles, uneven skin tone, etc...which I now have to fix.

I do have red spots left over from it as well.

In the long run, harsh acne treatments aren't worth it.

Guest Timehealsall

have you heard someone on the regimen get pitted scarring? Or are you talkinga bout red spots?

Check out my threads on the acne.org regimen forums. MY face looks like hell while on the regimen. Judge for yourself..

The Acne.org Regime is not a solid answer for people with acne whatsoever. To be honest, I'm surprised it's still advertised all over this website. Smearing BP all over your face in large amounts like they suggest is simply foolish. BP is not a good chemical to be soaking on your face every day. It is useful as spot treatment for pimples, but the Regime will not CURE acne, and it will effect the tone and health of your facial skin in the long run.

Look around these message boards and try and identify what your cause of acne might be (Hormonal, dry skin, oily skin, diet issues etc). Once you find the cause, and begin attacking the origin, your skin will start to get much better, and you can avoid using products like BP, and focus more on restoring the natural tone and quality of your skin.

The Acne.org Regime is not a solid answer for people with acne whatsoever. To be honest, I'm surprised it's still advertised all over this website. Smearing BP all over your face in large amounts like they suggest is simply foolish. BP is not a good chemical to be soaking on your face every day. It is useful as spot treatment for pimples, but the Regime will not CURE acne, and it will effect the tone and health of your facial skin in the long run.

Look around these message boards and try and identify what your cause of acne might be (Hormonal, dry skin, oily skin, diet issues etc). Once you find the cause, and begin attacking the origin, your skin will start to get much better, and you can avoid using products like BP, and focus more on restoring the natural tone and quality of your skin.

I'm sorry, but I disagree with this. The Acne.org regimen has been an enormous benefit to the skins of thousands of people here. Benzoyl peroxide has been around for 50 years, is prescribed by thousands of dermatologists around the world, and has numerous scientific and medical studies that attest to its effectiveness. The 'side effects' of BP may not be for everyone, but it DOES prevent new acne, which is far more valuable than any spot treatment in any case. Call me crazy, but I would rather rely on a time-tested, scientifically-valid method, even if it does make me flaky and red for a while, than blame it on on a dysfunctional colon or rub Chinese herbals on my face. :hand:

People keep saying that there's studies and proof that BP is effective, but I haven't found any of these studies. The information is too vague, and the side effects and risks are not clearly stated.

After a few nights of using BP my skin developed a weird texture[not severe], the texture was very visible after applying make-up. Now I don't know whether or not to use it, I'm not sure if this texture will fade over time or become permanent.

Edited by fudgestix

Sandman,

Like I said, BP is effective as a spot treatment, but it is not a cure, and shouldn't be smeared all over your face like Dan shows in his videos.

Saying Derms prescribe it as evidence for it's benefits is not legitimate. Everyone knows derms have one goal in mind, to prescribe you something. When have you heard of someone going to the derm and having them say "I think you should buy some zinc and vitamin A".

Please understand, I'm not doubting BP as being useful for acne spots, but the way it's applied and worshiped through the Regime on this website is questionable. Have you heard of anybody who has completely cured their acne problem from putting BP all over their face for 2 years?

Guest Timehealsall

To the op, what do you use to treat ty your acne? How bad is it?

it cleared up my acne, but turned me into an itchy lobster-- even after 5 mos. i looked like i had a chronic sunburn, and my skin itched like i had some sort of neuron disorder. i also had more wrinkles, puffy eyes, bumps on my lips no matter how careful i was. so yeah, i ditched it. mild acne is easier to deal with IMO.

People keep saying that there's studies and proof that BP is effective, but I haven't found any of these studies.

Go to Pubmed, and you'll see several hundred studies about BP by itself and in combination with other treatments. :)

Well so far I seem to be breaking out abit because of BP. I'm not sure if I'll continue to breakout though...Everyone's kinda split on this.