Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Body Language

OMG!!! Acne Cure!!! 1 2 3 Let's All Be Clear

those commercials look so persuasive its just makes me angry to know that if i try it.. its not gonna work yet it works like magic for the people in the ads mad.gif

I know it really pisses me off how this condition is seen as something funny or a mild discomfort in the media. All those commercials with the funky music playing in the background, all those happy people using the medecin although they clearly look like they've never had a pimple their whole life, dancing around and smiling.....like what the hell ?

I know it really pisses me off how this condition is seen as something funny or a mild discomfort in the media. All those commercials with the funky music playing in the background, all those happy people using the medecin although they clearly look like they've never had a pimple their whole life, dancing around and smiling.....like what the hell ?

"Why don't you try those Oxy pads?"

*strangles well-intentioned but ignorant people*

Why oh why must clear-skinned people be so ignorant? They make it sound like getting rid of acne is so easy, but they have no clue. Having people not understand is one of the worst things ever...

Why oh why must clear-skinned people be so ignorant? They make it sound like getting rid of acne is so easy, but they have no clue. Having people not understand is one of the worst things ever...

Well lets look at this whole issue and find the cause. The media influences millions of people including you and me. And so all these lame adds have influenced normal people (without acne) to think acne is so easy to cure.

There are some pretty shit adds that gives you the impression that acne is easy to cure if you use that company's product. The adds would always start with a beautiful model showing the product of or washing her face with it. Then she would start doing like fighter-style crap(kicking, punshing) to show you how she "kills" acne. Then after she done that there would be a close-up of her face, again(which obviously has never had an imperfection) Then she would say some crap like "The companies name and product + it works for me" or "Proven by derms and me".

What a load of shit! So the whole impression that acne magical dissapears when you wash your face comes from the media. My conclusion: The media is the devil that causes us(people with acne) to be less understood.

You're right, Doctor Doom. Aside from the acne itself, Media is the bane of our existence... It's the media that promotes the idea of 'looking perfect', and causes low self-esteem in people, and not just people with acne...

I wish there was a way I could rise above it, but I feel trapped.

cant blame it all on the media.

Our desire for perfect looks also mostly stems from nature. We are designed to be attracted to the opposite sex providing they are, in our eyes, attractive, so we naturally need to look good for that. Not necessarily because we have been brainwashed into thinking good looks are whats seen on tv.

I dont need the media to tell me what looks good and what i should be attracted to, nature decided that a long time ago.

there are certain other species out there in the animal kingdom which also, beleive it or not, pick there partners and mates based on their appearance (cant remember which now but i read about it, theres loads of em), And they dont exactly watch tv very much.