Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
savageme

A interesting website I would like to share

I stumbled across this website and was very interested in what I found.

I had never considered over picking to be a OCD type of problem, but it does seem to make a lot of sense and the information they provide about the complexities of your skin makes me have a new found respect for my own skin.

http://stoppickingonme.com/index.php

This is an amazing website. I am so happy that I read it. I probably never would have stopped popping my pimples if I hadn't. There just didn't seem to be enough incentive to stop..... that website scares the crap out of you. Very effective!!!

Definitely everyone should read it... thanks for posting it!

This is an amazing website. I am so happy that I read it. I probably never would have stopped popping my pimples if I hadn't. There just didn't seem to be enough incentive to stop..... that website scares the crap out of you. Very effective!!!

Definitely everyone should read it... thanks for posting it!

I'm so glad that this could help you!

It sure scared the crap out of me too, although I think for a while I might need to refresh my memory and re look at the site until I have completely kicked the habit.

It is such an eye opener.

Yeah, back when I had mild acne, I used to pop every zit that came along, and it never seemed to make any difference to my skin. It never appeared to scar, at all.

So when my acne got severe, I just kept on squeezing. Then I started to notice how much my skin was beginning to scar, especially around my mouth area.

Then I read that website, and it was the best thing I ever could have done... I managed to stop doing it before the scars got really bad. Now my acne is pretty much gone and I managed to get away without my skin texture being like pitted leather, probably due to that website, so yes.... everyone read this!!

Yeah, back when I had mild acne, I used to pop every zit that came along, and it never seemed to make any difference to my skin. It never appeared to scar, at all.

So when my acne got severe, I just kept on squeezing. Then I started to notice how much my skin was beginning to scar, especially around my mouth area.

Then I read that website, and it was the best thing I ever could have done... I managed to stop doing it before the scars got really bad. Now my acne is pretty much gone and I managed to get away without my skin texture being like pitted leather, probably due to that website, so yes.... everyone read this!!

So was it just no picking alone that cleared you up? Just curious. You have beautiful skin. : )

Skin picking caused my mild acne to get much, much worse. According to my derm, I caused several infections from picking -- he was actually able to tell I was right-handed because I habitually picked the right side of my face more (and thus had more damage on this side)! Thanks for posting this. Hopefully it'll help... I realize now that if I hadn't picked, I wouldn't be in this situation. Breaking the picking habit is just as important as acne medication!

So was it just no picking alone that cleared you up? Just curious. You have beautiful skin. : )

No, definitely not the only thing at all. I also greatly improved my diet, emotional health, exercise habits etc. There's usually not just one thing that will really clear your acne, it's a bunch of little things working to improve your overall health.

Stopping picking though is major though, because it invites new acne by damaging your skin and spreading the infection, makes your existing acne look horrible, and invites scars. My skin was really, really bad though, so it's not like after I stopped picking it cleared right up, but the appearance of it greatly improved once I stopped, and I definitely think stopping contributed to the overall clearing of my face.