Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
srgyork

help with a few questions please!

Hi so i am about a week into the regimen and i have a pretty good diet going on.

Using on-the-spot 2.5 BP only thing i can find cream based applying it to effected areas in the morning and night. and using Cetaphil moisturizer (night and day) and just using water to cleanse, cleansers really dry out my skin.

the BP is working on my forehead major improvement but i haven't broken out on my cheeks and jaw area in a long time and now after applying bp there on some pimples i have noticed alot of red (burning sensation) areas and little breakouts popping out in these areas. I am still applying bp to these areas and moisturizer, is this supposed to happen? and since i am using a cream based bp should i just apply it to areas with acne or even to areas without acne as well?

thanks guys for your help.

BP brings everything to the surface, if you apply BP to your forehead, you breakout there, same for your cheeks, chin, jaw, whatever, if you've ever broken out there before, chances are BP will bring up a good amount of spots for a while. its perfectly normal.

Redness, burning, stinging and itching/slight soreness are all normal, and i'd only apply BP to areas that you've broken out in before, like if you've NEVER gotten a pimple on your nose or neck, i'd keep the BP away from there, just in case it does bring up some spots.

Better safe than sorry.

Thanks a bunch that helps. So is it fine to stop BP treatment (cream based) in a place that has cleared up from acne? or since its a prone place fro acne keep on the BP treatment?

Thanks a bunch that helps. So is it fine to stop BP treatment (cream based) in a place that has cleared up from acne? or since its a prone place fro acne keep on the BP treatment?

You mean stop BP on an area thats now clear from the BP?

No, its an ongoing treatment, stopping would only cause you to breakout again.