Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
freakNpink

My ever changing regimen (View last page for updates)

5/9

Keflex 500mg x4 daily did jack...

if anything I think my face has gotten worse

I go to the derm this Friday..please don't let this be another disappointment

I really don't think I can handle much more of this

I'm now scared to eat at work due to a major cyst on my jaw that wont heal..

I'm seriously the only person at my work that has acne. A few weeks ago I some how got in a conversation with a co-worker that had me explaining that I had acne...they asked me what happened to my face :wall: ..I then felt angry and embarrassed...they then asked me if I WASHED MY FACE..are you fucking kidding me...really just wanted to punch them. So I guess people I work with just assume I smear grease on my face before I go to bed at night and never wash it off...WTF. One thing ive gotten out of having acne - I will never be that fucking ignorant

Edited by freakNpink

5/15

Saw a derm for the first time on Friday the 13th

He introduced himself, looked at me and said accutane

I thought I could afford to go on tane..thinking it was in the 300.00 month range

he said it was more like 600 and no way I can come up with that...so...plan b

He told me to use the cetaphil antibacterial bar....

Gave me Doxy for a few months

Gave me like a hundred samples of clindamycin gel (would never have paid 200 bucks for the script)

Referred me to another doctor for photodynamic therapy

gonna call and set my first treatment up tomorrow...I gotta say I watched a ton of youtube vids on PDT and I am hella excited.

Edited by freakNpink

5/16

I got in touch with a place near me that does the photodynamic therapy.

It's a different place then the derm wanted me to go to..since that place was too hard to get a hold of and when I finally did reach them they told me they didn't usually use the PDT for acne there...wtf

Anyway...I go on the 10th of June for my free consultation and then to set up my first session with Blu-U....it's at this laser skin care clinic..I gotta say I'm feeling pretty nervous about the amount of money I may end up spending on this and hopefully they don't fuck my face up anymore then it already is...

I'm reading a lot of mixed reviews for the Blu-U and I'm hoping I can get by w/o using the Levulan since that's what jacks the price sky high..if anyone has experience using the Blu-U on cystic acne..please share!