Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jjmrpg04

Humidifier on the Regimen?

I just went on vacation to San Francisco. I live in Canada at the moment. I was gone for an entire week. I had just started using Paula's Choice 2.5% BHA Liquid as I went on the trip. As I was there, my skin became more and more flawless. Was looking better and better every day. I thought perhaps it was the use of Paula's BHA. My skin was retaining moisture MUCH better, and i was only having to use a FRACTION of the moisturizer I was using. I was seriously so stoked. Thought my skin might finally have found something it likes.

Now that I am back in Canada, my skin once again seems more dry, red, patchy, less smooth, and more ugly.

I have a theory that it is the cold weather and lack of moisture in the air that has been causing my skin to be this way. I will put a TON of moisturizer on before bed and it STILL dries up easily over night.

Has anyone found that the temperature has a dramatic effect on their skin like this?

I am going to go buy a humidifier today and use it when I sleep or am at home. I have a feeling it will really help. And then hopefully come summer, I wont have to worry about it anymore.

Please share with me if this is a similar experience to yours and whether or not you think this would help.

I feel humidifiers don't get the air like the real thing... probably the hard water.. I've been on very humid places and I didn't even have to use moisturizer. The humid air really cleared my face, I live in az and it's not just dry during the winter, it's dry during the whole year, feels bad :(

I've tried humidifiers before... and they just don't do squat for me. I've used them when I'm sick (year-round) periodically. In the summer I used it for like, 2 weeks straight, and my skin still felt dry. But then again, Alberta is quite dry year round, not sure how dry BC is in the warmer months since you are nearer to water.

To pulz: Have you tried not using tap water? I think you are supposed to use distilled. I haven't, but I probably won't bother/ I'm too lazy to use humidifiers on a regular basis haha/

No that would require too much work lol and it takes forever to clean some humidifiers :naughty:

I stopped using mine, Maybe I'll try one of those humidifiers that heat the water, I think those don't require much maintenance.

You still need to clean it though! I'm bad with rinsing it out. I have the empty one still in my room, unused in like.. a month.

So you have one of those that heat the water? does it work well at all?

btw green wanna say i do rly like paulas BHA. i am pretty well convinced tho that it is simply not enough for the problem i am having. I am pretty sure this humidifier is going to help a good deal tho. in cali i woke up and my face was so soft and not one bit dry. the ONLY thing that could possibly be different from here to there is the temp/humidity (considering my regimen is the same as it was there. also i spent just as little time outside there as here so).