Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bocaj

Bring back old moisturizer please

Believe me I am grateful for everything Dan has done for people with acne. His products have helped my skin out a lot and are better then anything I have used for the most part. I like the old moisturizer though and it was working well for me. It seems many people have said the same thing that this one still leaves the skin dry. The problem is Dan mostly bases his products on how his skin feels and whatever group of testers he has but this should not be inclusive of everyone out there. Like for us in the northeast right now it is cold and the skin is more drying and at least the old moisturizer still worked. My point is if it is feasible to sell the old one again despite costs, etc then I think they should. The whole initial premise Dan based this website on was how he could help people the most and since taking away the old moisturizer they are not.

Keep in mind that the testers Dan uses are located all over the place, so he gets feedback from people in all sorts of areas and climates. Also keep in mind that the majority of people are liking his new moisturizer.

I mean, no product is going to work for everyone. Back when he was selling the old formula, I remember people bitching about how shiny it made them, and that it made their face red after they applied BP. So no matter what, there are going to be some people that aren't happy.

Also keep in mind that the majority of people are linking his new moisturizer.

But more people liked the old version - look at the reviews.

The reviews don't indicate the preference of every single customer. Keep that in mind. Reorders and moisturizer sales are probably a better indicator. Plus we get emails as well. Not everyone participates in the ratings.

While we would love to be able to make a product that was perfect for everyone, it just isn't possible.

For every one person that might come here and complain on the forums or post a negative experience in the ratings, there are hundreds of happy customers who just don't say anything. While it may seem to those of you here on the message boards that "everyone" is unhappy with the new moisturizer, it just doesn't accurately reflect the overall trend.

Winter time is especially rough, and probably isn't the most ideal time to be trying out a new moisturizer. But the good thing is that we have many options so that nobody should have to walk around with dry flaky skin. You don't like the new moisturizer, that's okay, try another from our list. http://www.acne.org/findingsupplies.php

Try adding jojoba oil to any of these. Try some AHA to help exfoliate the flakes. Try adding a small humidifier to your room at night when you sleep. Make sure you are being very very generous with the moisturizer, especially if you are in a cold dry climate.

Dan does listen to the feedback, you guys all know that he does. But he is sticking with the new moisturizer and does not have any plans to bring back the old one. C'est is right. People complained for years about the previous version making them too shiny and causing redness and stinging, begging Dan to fix those issues. He did fix those issues, and many people are happy as clams with the new moisturizer. It's sad that some of you haven't adjusted well to the new moisturizer, but thankfully you have the freedom to try something else.

The reviews don't indicate the preference of every single customer. Keep that in mind. Reorders and moisturizer sales are probably a better indicator. Plus we get emails as well. Not everyone participates in the ratings.

While we would love to be able to make a product that was perfect for everyone, it just isn't possible.

For every one person that might come here and complain on the forums or post a negative experience in the ratings, there are hundreds of happy customers who just don't say anything. While it may seem to those of you here on the message boards that "everyone" is unhappy with the new moisturizer, it just doesn't accurately reflect the overall trend.

One can discuss to the end of the world about the correctness of reviews but fact is that the old got better reviews and if we can't compare the reviews then why is the score there?

Winter time is especially rough, and probably isn't the most ideal time to be trying out a new moisturizer. But the good thing is that we have many options so that nobody should have to walk around with dry flaky skin. You don't like the new moisturizer, that's okay, try another from our list. http://www.acne.org/findingsupplies.php

Try adding jojoba oil to any of these. Try some AHA to help exfoliate the flakes. Try adding a small humidifier to your room at night when you sleep. Make sure you are being very very generous with the moisturizer, especially if you are in a cold dry climate.

The old moisturizer was working fine during winter.

Dan does listen to the feedback, you guys all know that he does. But he is sticking with the new moisturizer and does not have any plans to bring back the old one. C'est is right. People complained for years about the previous version making them too shiny and causing redness and stinging, begging Dan to fix those issues. He did fix those issues, and many people are happy as clams with the new moisturizer. It's sad that some of you haven't adjusted well to the new moisturizer, but thankfully you have the freedom to try something else.

And people will most properly for years be complaining about the new moisturizer.

I have found another moisturizer that is working (but not as good as the old moisturizer) but I still think it was a bad thing replacing the old moisturizer.

But thanks for your reply Brandy - everyone can see that some people are having a hard time due to the new moisturizer so I was waiting for a response from the team.

I know that Dan is properly not happy about the situation - he used a lot of time making the new moisturizer and I know that he for sure wants the best for the people. My personal opinion is just that the old moisturizer was the best for the people.

Edited by Anonym

Would adding Dan's jojoba help with the flakiness that seems to be a problem for some people with the new moisturizer? I don't use the regimen myself, but I've seen tons of great reviews on here and on YT. Some people on YT swapped out Dan's moisturizer for cetaphil moisturizers as well.

Would adding Dan's jojoba help with the flakiness that seems to be a problem for some people with the new moisturizer? I don't use the regimen myself, but I've seen tons of great reviews on here and on YT. Some people on YT swapped out Dan's moisturizer for cetaphil moisturizers as well.

A lot of people have tried adding jojoba oil, even in large amounts it doesn't seem to help much.

I've personally never used either of dan's moisturizers, but i think there should be an option for both.

Yeah, these kind of complaints can become really one-sided, because if you're happy with the moisturizer and not into the board, you just don't bother to post.

I never liked the old one, and haven't tried the new one - but with moisturizers, there are literally hundreds of options.. and many of them are inexpensive and state of the art in terms of ingredients. With Dan's BP, no one provides such amazing quality for such a great price per quantity... but with cleansers and moisturizers, there's so much to choose from.

Yeah, these kind of complaints can become really one-sided, because if you're happy with the moisturizer and not into the board, you just don't bother to post.

I never liked the old one, and haven't tried the new one - but with moisturizers, there are literally hundreds of options.. and many of them are inexpensive and state of the art in terms of ingredients. With Dan's BP, no one provides such amazing quality for such a great price per quantity... but with cleansers and moisturizers, there's so much to choose from.

Truth. : )

We really should get back to reality. Dan is not going to listen to us and bring back the old moisturizer in a large bottle. He is making a large profit on the 2 ounce travel bottles (original formula), because he knows that there are people that hate the new formula and will continue buying the old formula at such a high price. He does not care anymore about feedback. I have never once received a response from him when sending in feedback over the past few years. That is a total lie that "Dan does listen to feedback". He has never listened to mine.

I appreciate the overall effort over the years to get this message and products out on Acne.org. I love the BP and will continue buying it (unless I find a comparable product, then I will not). But we need to find another non-Acne.org moisturizer to use so we are not supporting Acne.org moisturizer sales. It sucks, but lets deal with it. I will not support a product that does not work. I don't want to buy a humidifier for a moisturizer to work. I don't want to have to add 10 drops of Jojoba oil, and 5 drops of Glycerine to a moisturizer for it to work. It should already work.

This could easily be fixed by selling both products in the large bottles to satisfy several different skin types and customers. But no, Acne.org does not care about its paying customers. They want to make a profit, just like every company. They have to make a profit. I personally don't recommend Acne.org to anyone anymore. I have spent thousands and thousands of my hard earned dollars on the products here and I cannot even get a simple response to my feedback from Dan. Neither can anyone else. We have spoken about the necessity for both moisturizers to be sold. But like Brandy says, it doesn't matter. There are no plans to offer both moisturizers. That is a slap in our faces. I no longer support Acne.org, and I regret ever helping Dan with the forums when he was having problems with getting them set up years ago.

Edited by smurfo9

I think I should share my recent experience, now I have been using the new moisturizer for some time, and I started getting flakes and dryness from Day 2, with uncontrollable flakes in a week and having to apply it every 4 hours. I hated the new pumps so I used the old pumps, 3 Pumps using the old pump (+6 jojoba drops) , quite a lot. and in 4 hours I use another pump, then at night another 3 pumps (+6 jojoba drops), totaling 7 pumps a day from the old pump, now I am half 16oz bottle through!

2 days ago I started using the old moisturizer ago, as I got quarter a 16oz bottle left, and guess what? I only use 1 pump with 3 drops of Jojoba Morning and Night and Viola, flakes GONE!

Can you explain that? this is proof that though the new moisturizer got 2 traits (1) it has a matte finish, (2) It contains licocalcone, but its drawback defies these 2 positives as it fails miserably in its main job, which is to MOISTURIZE.

I totally agree with smurfo9 in saying

"I don't want to buy a humidifier for a moisturizer to work. I don't want to have to add 10 drops of Jojoba oil, and 5 drops of Glycerine to a moisturizer for it to work. It should already work."

The old one just worked! I know it might have been not working well for some people, but what about US now? why are we being left behind, why dont you satisfy both your customers and provide both, even if you were after profit (which is not bad btw, as long as u are providing good product) you would still gain more!?

Yes the old moisturizer was okay with moisturizing but it also had this wicked tendency to burn my face off (and others' as well) whenever I applied it. While I'll say the new moisturizer leaves something to be desired in the moisturizing department; the new one doesn't leave my face red, raw and burning.

It's virtually impossible to come up with a formulation that is going to satisfy everyone's expectations and skin-types. Dan does a fantastic job at formulating new products for us, look at how extensive the process is for the SPF.

Edited by Kelm7912

We really should get back to reality. Dan is not going to listen to us and bring back the old moisturizer in a large bottle. He is making a large profit on the 2 ounce travel bottles (original formula), because he knows that there are people that hate the new formula and will continue buying the old formula at such a high price. He does not care anymore about feedback. I have never once received a response from him when sending in feedback over the past few years. That is a total lie that "Dan does listen to feedback". He has never listened to mine.

I appreciate the overall effort over the years to get this message and products out on Acne.org. I love the BP and will continue buying it (unless I find a comparable product, then I will not). But we need to find another non-Acne.org moisturizer to use so we are not supporting Acne.org moisturizer sales. It sucks, but lets deal with it. I will not support a product that does not work. I don't want to buy a humidifier for a moisturizer to work. I don't want to have to add 10 drops of Jojoba oil, and 5 drops of Glycerine to a moisturizer for it to work. It should already work.

This could easily be fixed by selling both products in the large bottles to satisfy several different skin types and customers. But no, Acne.org does not care about its paying customers. They want to make a profit, just like every company. They have to make a profit. I personally don't recommend Acne.org to anyone anymore. I have spent thousands and thousands of my hard earned dollars on the products here and I cannot even get a simple response to my feedback from Dan. Neither can anyone else. We have spoken about the necessity for both moisturizers to be sold. But like Brandy says, it doesn't matter. There are no plans to offer both moisturizers. That is a slap in our faces. I no longer support Acne.org, and I regret ever helping Dan with the forums when he was having problems with getting them set up years ago.

First, Dan is not making a huge profit on the travel sizes of original moisturizer. Those were left over stock and he is simply keeping them for sale until they are all gone. They were all that was left of the original moisturizer.

Second, Dan has always cared about feedback. Anytime he has ever changed his formulas, it has been because you guys have asked for it. How you can say he doesn't care about his customers is beyond me. He cares more for his customers than ANY company I can think of.

Third, this new moisturizer is only 4 months out of the gate. I can't imagine any company making such a major decision to pull it when it is so brand new and the feedback has been mostly positive. As for offering both formulas, Dan hasn't mentioned if he would ever consider this or not.

Fourth, you said you have never received a response from Dan when you have given him feedback. What do you mean? Have you emailed him? We answer all emails. If you do not get a reply from Dan personally , then you should get one from me or another member of the team. Dan cannot reply to each and every email personally, but someone from our team does reply to them all. If you have asked questions here on the forums, Dan does not come here often. Send him an email. [email protected]

Fifth, I'm sorry you aren't happy with the new moisturizer, and it's a shame that you have taken on the attitude of never recommending Acne.org to anyone anymore just because one product didn't suit your skin.

We still maintain that these products are exceptional in quality, affordability, and efficacy.

Sixth, please show me where I said "it doesn't matter". I never said that. I simply said that Dan does not have any plans to bring back the old moisturizer. That's just the simple truth. It isn't a slap in anyone's face. I'm just letting you guys know that the new moisturizer is here to stay, at least until I hear differently from Dan.

First, Dan is not making a huge profit on the travel sizes of original moisturizer. Those were left over stock and he is simply keeping them for sale until they are all gone. They were all that was left of the original moisturizer.

Second, Dan has always cared about feedback. Anytime he has ever changed his formulas, it has been because you guys have asked for it. How you can say he doesn't care about his customers is beyond me. He cares more for his customers than ANY company I can think of.

Third, this new moisturizer is only 4 months out of the gate. I can't imagine any company making such a major decision to pull it when it is so brand new and the feedback has been mostly positive. As for offering both formulas, Dan hasn't mentioned if he would ever consider this or not.

Fourth, you said you have never received a response from Dan when you have given him feedback. What do you mean? Have you emailed him? We answer all emails. If you do not get a reply from Dan personally , then you should get one from me or another member of the team. Dan cannot reply to each and every email personally, but someone from our team does reply to them all. If you have asked questions here on the forums, Dan does not come here often. Send him an email. [email protected]

Fifth, I'm sorry you aren't happy with the new moisturizer, and it's a shame that you have taken on the attitude of never recommending Acne.org to anyone anymore just because one product didn't suit your skin.

We still maintain that these products are exceptional in quality, affordability, and efficacy.

Sixth, please show me where I said "it doesn't matter". I never said that. I simply said that Dan does not have any plans to bring back the old moisturizer. That's just the simple truth. It isn't a slap in anyone's face. I'm just letting you guys know that the new moisturizer is here to stay, at least until I hear differently from Dan.

First: Understood, but the price is considerably higher for 2 ounces as opposed to 8 or 16. All the more reason to not rely on the stock on Acne.org of this product as it will run out soon. We need to find a replacement for those that dislike the new formula moisturizer.

Second: I wish I believed that. With the amount of negative feedback that I have seen on the forums for the new formula, I am surprised that the old formula is still being discontinued.

Third: Again, I have never advocated that we pull the New Formula Moisturizer. I am advocating that we do not pull the old formula, because there is clearly still a demand from many of us that prefer it. You said that "Dan hasn't mentioned if he would ever consider this or not.". I have sent two questions under the Contact form about this and I got a response from you both times. You stated you would forward it to Dan. Still I have received no response from him. People have asked the same thing on the forums and have received no response about it.

Fourth: See my answer to the Third.

Fifth: It is a shame. I never wanted to result to such a negative feeling towards Acne.org. But I cannot feel any other way right now. Maybe I do not fully understand the reasoning for not offering both products. Is the old moisturizer too difficult to produce any longer? Can Dan only offer one moisturizer under some sort of contract? Was it not selling well? None of this has been said. There is clearly a demand for the old formula, as well as the new formula. As with all products you cannot please everyone. But what I do not understand is why both formula moisturizers are not offered. That way, you would be satisfying a larger percentage of your customers. If this is just not possible, then atleast Dan could let us know why. And maybe help point us in the direction to a similar product.

Sixth: You said "But he is sticking with the new moisturizer and does not have any plans to bring back the old one." From that statement I got the impression that It does not matter. There are a ton of negative reviews all over the place from people that dislike the new formula and prefer the old formula moisturizer. And then you siad there are no plans to bring it back. That implies to me that it doesn't matter. Again, I am not implying that we discontinue any moisturizer. Keep them both. Please. That is all I am advocating.

Edited by smurfo9

Hey you guys. I just blogged and addressed this thread in the "Moisturizer" part of the blog. Just wanted to let you know.

So here is an update, I started using the old moisturizer for only 2 days (which means, 4 applications) and I got no flakes. Started reusing new moisturizer then after 5 days the flakes stroke back, more severely this time!