Notifications
Clear all

MAKEUP FUN! Different looks, tips, & tricks!

MemberMember
(@californiaestie)

Posted : 01/20/2011 1:52 am

The OG post!

Hi girls & guys!

I noticed there are a lot of people who have opinions about make up on this site! Whether good, bad, curious, or wanting to know how to put on make up more skillfully- we can talk about it here! I thought it would be fun to have a thread about different looks. I will be posting my make up looks daily (or near daily) to see if anyone wants to know how to do part or all of them! And please feel free to add yours :D

January 19, 2010!

post-128692-1295506300_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@smartie)

Posted : 01/20/2011 2:48 am

Bek this is kind of off topic but can you recommend a berry colored lip stain and lipstick? I'm searching for something on the more purply side but not too purple... Does that make sense?

*Please help meee!*

MemberMember
(@californiaestie)

Posted : 01/20/2011 2:55 am

Bek this is kind of off topic but can you recommend a berry colored lip stain and lipstick? I'm searching for something on the more purply side but not too purple... Does that make sense?

*Please help meee!*

Haha not off topic at all!! It does make sense. What I actually LOVE is Lorac's Tie Die lip gloss set. If you live near a Sephora call and see if they have any left in stock. They have a perfect purple-y gloss in the set!! All the glosses are full size. They are some of the most perfect lip glosses I've ever used and the range of colors is perfect. 5 full size colors for $25!! And it's a high end brand.

- Have you tried Clinique's Black Honey gloss/balm/or lipstick? That seems to be very popular.

- Stila Lip Glaze in Black Cherry or Berry

- Bare Escentuals Lip Gloss in Pomegranate, Sugar Plum, or Tartelette

:]

MemberMember
(@californiaestie)

Posted : 01/20/2011 1:04 pm

So I am going to meet my personal trainer to sign him up at my gym. I decided I better go natural ;) Even though we aren't working out. I used:

- Lorac Double Feature concealer & highlighter

- Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover foundation

- Fresh Here Comes the Sun Face Palette

- Korres Wild Rose Lip Butter

- Urban Decay Brow Box

Very natural. You can't exactly tell from this photo but my cheekbones are highlighted and right under my brows.

post-128692-1295546514_thumb.jpg

post-128692-1295546514_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@messr_padfoot)

Posted : 01/20/2011 1:56 pm

You look gorgeous! x_x

Um, probably a very obvious question, but you wouldn't happen to know of a way to stop concealer caking under the eyes at all? I've tried so many different concealers and getting a nice look for my under eye is the one thing I struggle with! If I set it with powder, it goes cakey, don't set it with powder it goes chalky. It's very odd.

Hmm...i'll leave a little tip for make-up as well so i'm at least contributing a little bit? :)

My tip is try using primer if you struggle getting your foundation on evenly :D It works wonders if you have dry skin as it helps foundation go on much much smoother. I use Lancome's La base and when I'm not using that I use Mac's prep and prime. (Who also do an awesome SPF50 primer too!)

MemberMember
(@californiaestie)

Posted : 01/20/2011 2:35 pm

You look gorgeous! x_x

Um, probably a very obvious question, but you wouldn't happen to know of a way to stop concealer caking under the eyes at all? I've tried so many different concealers and getting a nice look for my under eye is the one thing I struggle with! If I set it with powder, it goes cakey, don't set it with powder it goes chalky. It's very odd.

Hmm...i'll leave a little tip for make-up as well so i'm at least contributing a little bit? 🙂

My tip is try using primer if you struggle getting your foundation on evenly 😀 It works wonders if you have dry skin as it helps foundation go on much much smoother. I use Lancome's La base and when I'm not using that I use Mac's prep and prime. (Who also do an awesome SPF50 primer too!)

Aww thank you!

Hmmm. That is really a toughie. This is what I usually use! 🙂 ----> The review I posted:

"I love this pen. It works as a truly wonderful under eye brightener. All the concealers I have tried using under my eyes have been too cakey or too heavy and have accentuated my wrinkles there. Yuck. This is a perfect balance of coverage and still looking natural. It's not a full coverage product because it's meant to luminize & highlight, not to conceal. If you are looking for a concealer this is definitely not it. If you want something to smooth you out around the edges and make you look more radiant and rested- this IS it! I use it on my eyelids, under eyes, around my mouth, and the corners of my nose. It's also good around eyebrows to really define them."

So that is a great thing to have in your arsenal. The other thing I love is Amazing Cosmetics's concealer. It does settle. You just have to check it every once in a while and gently smooth it with the tip of your finger. I haven't really found one that NEVER EVER settles. Haha. But these are my 2 best options. I don't set it with powder. I might sweep my big face brush lightly under my eyes- but that's the max amount I would put there, otherwise it does look cakey. Make sure it's blended really well into your cheek area and around the edges and you should be fine.

And your tips are great, thanks! 😀

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 01/20/2011 2:58 pm

The OG post!

Hi girls & guys!

I noticed there are a lot of people who have opinions about make up on this site! Whether good, bad, curious, or wanting to know how to put on make up more skillfully- we can talk about it here! I thought it would be fun to have a thread about different looks. I will be posting my make up looks daily (or near daily) to see if anyone wants to know how to do part or all of them! And please feel free to add yours 😀

January 19, 2010!

wow your skin is fantastic!!!! very very nice!

MemberMember
(@ayla)

Posted : 01/20/2011 3:00 pm

a pretty good drugstore dupe of the YSL TOUCHE ACLAT is revlon's age defying spa concealer

MemberMember
(@californiaestie)

Posted : 01/20/2011 3:01 pm

a pretty good drugstore dupe of the YSL TOUCHE ECLAT is revlon's age defying spa concealer

Cool thank you!

MemberMember
(@californiaestie)

Posted : 01/20/2011 3:02 pm

The OG post!

Hi girls & guys!

I noticed there are a lot of people who have opinions about make up on this site! Whether good, bad, curious, or wanting to know how to put on make up more skillfully- we can talk about it here! I thought it would be fun to have a thread about different looks. I will be posting my make up looks daily (or near daily) to see if anyone wants to know how to do part or all of them! And please feel free to add yours 😀

January 19, 2010!

wow your skin is fantastic!!!! very very nice!

Thank you! 😀 😀

MemberMember
(@smartie)

Posted : 01/20/2011 4:22 pm

*Please help meee!*

Haha not off topic at all!! It does make sense. What I actually LOVE is Lorac's Tie Die lip gloss set. If you live near a Sephora call and see if they have any left in stock. They have a perfect purple-y gloss in the set!! All the glosses are full size. They are some of the most perfect lip glosses I've ever used and the range of colors is perfect. 5 full size colors for $25!! And it's a high end brand.

- Have you tried Clinique's Black Honey gloss/balm/or lipstick? That seems to be very popular.

Bek you're freakin' awesome!!! Thank you so much girlie!!! I'll check all of them out and let you know which is my fav!!

PS - You look GORGEEEEEEOOOOOUUUSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! in your natural look to meet your trainer, o m g!!!

MemberMember
(@messr_padfoot)

Posted : 01/20/2011 4:26 pm

Thanks so much Bek, I've never tried Touche Eclat before as its hard to find in my town, so I may have a little trip into Sheffield for it! :D

MemberMember
(@californiaestie)

Posted : 01/20/2011 6:56 pm

*Please help meee!*

Bek you're freakin' awesome!!! Thank you so much girlie!!! I'll check all of them out and let you know which is my fav!!

PS - You look GORGEEEEEEOOOOOUUUSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! in your natural look to meet your trainer, o m g!!!

How could I forget Fresh Sugar lip treatment in Plum!!!! Look that up too 😉

And no problem at all! I'd love to hear which one you like! Stila is a little bit thicker/a bit sticky but looks veeeery luscious. Bare Escentuals feels pretty natural. Fresh feels amazing as it's a lip treatment technically, just tinted purple.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!! 😀 hahaha flatterer!

MemberMember
(@californiaestie)

Posted : 01/20/2011 6:57 pm

Thanks so much Bek, I've never tried Touche Eclat before as its hard to find in my town, so I may have a little trip into Sheffield for it! 😀

Aw you are so welcome! It takes a little tiny getting used to, but once you figure out how to use it, it is so easy!! Maybe if you get it and want me to I can do a demo video for you (of my personal technique anyway)!

🙂

MemberMember
(@vodkapoptart)

Posted : 01/20/2011 7:02 pm

Hey Bek, have you ever thought about doing your own makeup videos on Youtube? Like a makeup guru? I think you'd be great at it.

MemberMember
(@californiaestie)

Posted : 01/20/2011 7:14 pm

Hey Bek, have you ever thought about doing your own makeup videos on Youtube? Like a makeup guru? I think you'd be great at it.

I've thought about that! Do you really think so? I figure there are so many of them, why should I? I didn't think anyone would watch. But if you guys will 🙂

MemberMember
(@californiaestie)

Posted : 01/20/2011 7:24 pm

Hippie! haha. Beads wavy hair and colorful makeup. Smartie I am wearing the purplish lip gloss from Lorac! ;) It's a little darker than it appears. I am wearing "Kitten" shade eyeshadow by Stila- golden champagne. Using a dark purple shadow liner and YSL mascara. Also Fresh's Here Comes the Sun Palette and Lorac blush in "Desire". WORK makeup :)

MemberMember
(@vodkapoptart)

Posted : 01/20/2011 7:28 pm

I've thought about that! Do you really think so? I figure there are so many of them, why should I? I didn't think anyone would watch. But if you guys will 🙂

Yeah, I really think so. You seem to know your makeup well, you know alot about skincare products, you're good at doing makeup...I would watch. I watch a few of them on there now and I think you should totally do it! 😀

MemberMember
(@californiaestie)

Posted : 01/20/2011 11:13 pm

Yeah, I really think so. You seem to know your makeup well, you know alot about skincare products, you're good at doing makeup...I would watch. I watch a few of them on there now and I think you should totally do it! 😀

Hah! Thank youuuu! It would be fun 😉 And I do online school now so I can do it when no one is home so my family doesn't think I'm craaa-zzzzyy! lol. What would you personally want to see first?

MemberMember
(@vodkapoptart)

Posted : 01/21/2011 11:46 am

Hah! Thank youuuu! It would be fun 😉 And I do online school now so I can do it when no one is home so my family doesn't think I'm craaa-zzzzyy! lol. What would you personally want to see first?

Well, you could show everyone your skincare routine, or different makeup styles or do a haul when you buy cosmetics. You could start anywhere really. Maybe start off with an everyday natural look for girls who don't have alot of time or don't wanna wear alot of makeup. I have trouble mastering the natural look myself. LOL

MemberMember
(@hellolovve)

Posted : 01/21/2011 11:59 am

YouTube videos would be awesome!!! I would def watch. I notice that people who do the videos on youtube now have completely flawless skin...no red marks, nothing....what good does that do for me?!?! Although you have fantastic skin too, but you really know what you're doing and how to cover small imperfections. I'm really impressed especially with your concealer/foundation application. I struggle with concealer, so if you do end up making videos, please do a video on that. :D

MemberMember
(@californiaestie)

Posted : 01/21/2011 12:10 pm

Well, you could show everyone your skincare routine, or different makeup styles or do a haul when you buy cosmetics. You could start anywhere really. Maybe start off with an everyday natural look for girls who don't have alot of time or don't wanna wear alot of makeup. I have trouble mastering the natural look myself. LOL

That's true! I just ordered a shitload from ACW. And a few things from Beauty Ticket. Including a bronzing kit from Lola. Maybe I could start with a natural spring/summer look. Natural I can do. 🙂 Great ideas.. hmm 🙂

MemberMember
(@californiaestie)

Posted : 01/21/2011 12:13 pm

YouTube videos would be awesome!!! I would def watch. I notice that people who do the videos on youtube now have completely flawless skin...no red marks, nothing....what good does that do for me?!?! Although you have fantastic skin too, but you really know what you're doing and how to cover small imperfections. I'm really impressed especially with your concealer/foundation application. I struggle with concealer, so if you do end up making videos, please do a video on that. 😀

Oh yay! 😀

Hahaha I totally understand. I'll definitely do some when I am visibly breaking out (if that happens :() ! But if not, I'll explain how to cover red marks. I had to do it for YEARS so I know. Thanks by the way! I can definitely do a foundation/concealer video. What type of foundation/concealer do you use?

MemberMember
(@hellolovve)

Posted : 01/21/2011 12:55 pm

YouTube videos would be awesome!!! I would def watch. I notice that people who do the videos on youtube now have completely flawless skin...no red marks, nothing....what good does that do for me?!?! Although you have fantastic skin too, but you really know what you're doing and how to cover small imperfections. I'm really impressed especially with your concealer/foundation application. I struggle with concealer, so if you do end up making videos, please do a video on that. 😀

Oh yay! 😀

Hahaha I totally understand. I'll definitely do some when I am visibly breaking out (if that happens :() ! But if not, I'll explain how to cover red marks. I had to do it for YEARS so I know. Thanks by the way! I can definitely do a foundation/concealer video. What type of foundation/concealer do you use?

Right now I'm using Neutrogena Skin Clearing Foundation and Clinique Acne Solutions Concealer. Then, I use Clinique Almost Powder. I've used so many foundations. Can't seem to find one that has really good coverage though. My biggest issue right now is all the red marks....they're so frustrating because I can't seem to do a good job covering them up.

MemberMember
(@claudius)

Posted : 01/21/2011 3:45 pm

Bek cogent you should give yourselve the orange tan lines along the cheeks, which for some reason is in atm. I would love to see what you look like with them :P

Thats totally how id wear foundation/blusher if i was a girl