Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I feel quite bad moaning about my situation when I know I'm better off than others on this forum, but...

When I go back to uni in about a month (with clear(er) skin, if the trend continues,) I know that most people will think I've just grown out of it.

These will mainly be the people I see in class but who I'm not really friends with. I want them to know I've worked hard to achieve my current skin condition. There's nothing I can do about it, but I just thought I'd have a grumble...

To be honest I don't think they'll care unless they suffer from acne too. Just like you see a hot girl/guy, you don't think "wow I respect how much effort this guy/girl has been through in the gym to get like this". You just think "damn!", you get me?

To be honest I don't think they'll care unless they suffer from acne too. Just like you see a hot girl/guy, you don't think "wow I respect how much effort this guy/girl has been through in the gym to get like this". You just think "damn!", you get me?

heh, yeh i get you.

but if said person had been the size of a blimp when you last saw them, you'd notice the change...

anyway i'm out that headspace now. as long as i look good, i'm happy.

cheers!

clear skinned people don't really care, and i also think that when they look at you they don't see that much acne, they barely notice it bc they never suffered from it before, so they think its no big deal

in the other hand if you see someone with acne you notice it more bc you suffer from acne too and you are always looking out for imperfections....

and who care what others think, as long as you are happy with yourself, that leads to more hapiness whith others

Well, how do you know all the clear-skinned people aren't former sufferers as well? I have clear skin now, but it takes a lot of attention and constant upkeep. I love when people notice.

Take this into perspective: Your a kid who's talking to their friend. You see their skin with acne but you don't really think anything of it because your not constantly obsessing about imperfections during the whole day. Us with acne usually constantly think about it especially when with human contact, unless they have acne too. Although I do know many people look at it but they 've never felt as insecure like we do.