Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benlorr

Twice a day too irritating?!?!

Ok, so since day 1 I have only used BP once a day as directed by Dan for sensitive skin. I started in the morning but found that doing so at night was preferable since I won't have to go outside during the day with red skin. It is now week 5 and I thought I was getting used to the BP because it doesn't sting that much anymore when I apply it at night and the redness is slightly lessened even though I use about 3/4 the maximum dosage.

It was at this point that I decided to apply twice a day with about half the maximum dose at night and a quarter in the morning. I have been doing this for 3 days and my skin is as red now as it was during the worst times of my Regimen. My question is should I keep applying only night until I fully get used to the BP or keep doing the 2x a day and just ride it out. My biggest issue right now is irritation and redness which suck.

Ok, so since day 1 I have only used BP once a day as directed by Dan for sensitive skin. I started in the morning but found that doing so at night was preferable since I won't have to go outside during the day with red skin. It is now week 5 and I thought I was getting used to the BP because it doesn't sting that much anymore when I apply it at night and the redness is slightly lessened even though I use about 3/4 the maximum dosage.

It was at this point that I decided to apply twice a day with about half the maximum dose at night and a quarter in the morning. I have been doing this for 3 days and my skin is as red now as it was during the worst times of my Regimen. My question is should I keep applying only night until I fully get used to the BP or keep doing the 2x a day and just ride it out. My biggest issue right now is irritation and redness which suck.

I thought you were only supposed to use a pea size, once a day, for a week, and then a pea size, twice a day, until your skin calms down, and then up the dose, slowly waiting for the redness and dryness to subside?

I dunno, i haven't read the guidelines in a while. i suggest dropping the day time dose to a pea size, and slowly increasing it once the redness dies down.

OR, if you can handle the dryness and redness/flakes, just ride it out, although it might stick around for several months longer than if you would do it slowly.

I thought you were only supposed to use a pea size, once a day, for a week, and then a pea size, twice a day, until your skin calms down, and then up the dose, slowly waiting for the redness and dryness to subside?

I dunno, i haven't read the guidelines in a while. i suggest dropping the day time dose to a pea size, and slowly increasing it once the redness dies down.

OR, if you can handle the dryness and redness/flakes, just ride it out, although it might stick around for several months longer than if you would do it slowly.

Ok, so I have decided to just try the once a day at night and introduce the morning application slowly after a week using a pea-sized amount.

I am about to enter into my 6th week and getting a bit frustrated now. I still haven't had any sign of my skin improving and I am uncertain about how much BP to apply. Sorry I just had to vent.