Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clairebear6292

Why doesn't Cetaphil cleanser "suds up"?

I'm really frustrated because I got Cetaphil (as I'm looking for a gentle cleanser that does what it says) -> cleanse.

But I like ones that suds up...

I'm switching from a 2% salicylic acid one to something that's gentle but effective. I feel like when I washed with Cetaphil it didn't do anything and that all my pores were still clogged.

I'd like to have one that foams up. Does anyone if CeraVe's cleanser do? And if they have one for oily skin or not. Thanks!

If you use a plastic scrubbing scrunchie thingy, Cetaphil liquid will suds up. I just use the bar and it lathers just fine. And the bar cleansers from Cetaphil are also pH balanced!

Lots of cleansers don't suds up...but that doesn't make them any less effective at cleansing!

We're really hardwired to think that bubbles mean clean,but that's just something you're going to have acknowledge as false.

Yay! You mean a loofa? And I just want to use my hands cause I don't wanna irritate my face :)

Haha I omega I know! I just have it set in my mind that suds = clean. I think the reason I thought it wasn't working was because my face didn't feel dry after using it. I really need for someone to teach me "how" to wash my face lol How long should I be massaging the soap on my face for? And i'm supposed to go in small gentle circular motions right?

Edited by clairebear6292

Yay! You mean a loofa? And I just want to use my hands cause I don't wanna irritate my face :)

Haha I omega I know! I just have it set in my mind that suds = clean. I think the reason I thought it wasn't working was because my face didn't feel dry after using it. I really need for someone to teach me "how" to wash my face lol How long should I be massaging the soap on my face for? And i'm supposed to go in small gentle circular motions right?

Not a loofah, it's one of those plastic thingies that are relatively gentle. You could lather it in your hands with the scrubby and then gently apply to face.

The face shouldn't feel dry and tight after washing. It should just feel clean. :) You'll just have to get used to how a gentle cleanser feels and works and you will, and then likely be also surprised at how much happier your skin is!

I pump out a pea size amount,massage it in circular motions for around 20 seconds,then I rinse it off lol

I really don't use much cleanser at all,just enough to get off the excess oil.

I'll often put the cleanser on a facial brush and do it the same way.

Wynne,are they like the loofas for your body except mini or something?

I guess I will! Thanks for the help I am excited to wash again with it tonight before I apply my topical :)

Wait wait I'm confused what this facial brush is? And my idea of "foaming up" was that it was going down into pores and unclogging them... Cetaphil does this too right? Or does it just cleanse the surface of the skin? I'm a bit confused...

Edited by clairebear6292

post-57170-1295471105_thumb.jpg

Might be too harsh for most people to use on the face though! Just lather up in hands and then apply to face with hands only. Just to be safe. :)

post-57170-1295471105_thumb.jpg

No, a loofah is harder and much more coarse. :)

Nylon mesh pouf is I guess what that pink thing and things like it are called.

I guess I will! Thanks for the help I am excited to wash again with it tonight before I apply my topical :)

Wait wait I'm confused what this facial brush is? And my idea of "foaming up" was that it was going down into pores and unclogging them... Cetaphil does this too right? Or does it just cleanse the surface of the skin? I'm a bit confused...

Bubbles don't go into your pores and clean them out.Cleansers just get off the surface oil. I really don't buy into those Neutrogena commercials that show the animated diagram of the pore being "cleansed" by a sudsy wave.

facial brush is just to help remove some dead skin build-up.

^ Exactly! :D

The sudsing is really an effect of detergent additives that help encapsulate dirt and remove it. Some detergent additives are pretty harsh (like sodium laurel and laureth sulfate) supposedly and may irritate the skin. OR the sudsing is the effect of adding air to the mixture (like from the nylon mesh pouf) so it's purely psychological, doesn't help with cleansing. :)