Notifications
Clear all

East Indians with Acne/Scarring

MemberMember
(@shalibee)

Posted : 01/19/2011 3:23 am

Are there any East Indians on this board with acne scarring? I'm wondering because I'm East Indian (F) and have scarring, but most other East Indians have that super amazingly neve-rending smooth baby skin. I feel like I'm the only East Indian with scarring.

I have always been and still am considered very beautiful according to strangers who just say things. Some strangers do say what's on their mind, both the good and the bad comments. Some, in the same breadth, will say that I'm absolutely gorgeous, but add that my skin is a bit rough looking and not youthful looking (as did the lady from a skin spa I visited a few weeks ago).

Oh and Facebook has a tendency to really make things worse. I mean you see pictures, close ups, in all the bad lighting of friends - East Indian friends with porcelain smooth skin. So many of them. I feel like a total aberration. Why do I feel like the only East Indian with crappy skin?

On top of feeling crappy in this way, I've been told that there's not much that can be done for people with darker skin.

For those of you in this same situation, would love to hear your thoughts.

MemberMember
(@sam7867)

Posted : 01/19/2011 4:29 am

i'm a pakistani and the same problem here, not much we can do with the scarring, all the treatments out there have huge risks for asian skin...so i guess we just have to live with our acne scarring :(

MemberMember
(@aviont)

Posted : 01/19/2011 5:39 am

Iam an indian having severe acne's and the derm. warned me that whenever they are going to be cure they will leave scars as a gift! In the early years when i do have clear skin, believed that east indians are rarely goodlooking.. but now as i myself been cursed with acne i noticed everybody else even a ricksawala do have clear-smooth skin atleast better than me. I don't want express any ego factor, but i do belong from a well income family group and always have healthy diet,etc. what it needs. Then why me? i am not an religious person but now i pray god, either to cure me or kill me! i can see my hands,legs other body parts are so smooth.. n sometimes i wish could exchange my cheek skin with the skin of any other part. I do feel you, i wish i can help u emotionaly or practically either but i myself also suffering the same. Still get well soon buddy.. :)

MemberMember
(@gummybears)

Posted : 01/19/2011 5:54 am

I'm Asian and I hate it when I hang out with my other Asian peeps and see how smooth and clear their skin are. Ugh! I can cover mine with makeup but isnt just upsetting how your friends seem not to do anything about their skin and yet still have amazing skin?! :(

To answer your quest, have you heard of Glycolic Peel or Chemical Peel? There's also Fraxel but it's heaps expensive.

To make you feel any better though, I don't think we should let acne rule our life. Fair enough we have those "fuck you acne you make my life miserable!!!" days but we should wake up to reality that our special people love us because of our personality and they'll understand that we didn't choose acne to be in our life!

MemberMember
(@sassy74)

Posted : 01/19/2011 9:12 am

Though I'm not Asian/East Indian, ect. (just plain ol' caucasian) I've done the eMatrix treatments and they are safe for darker skin tones. That was one of the big marketing points for the company is that it provides an option for all skin types that can't use the traditional lasers (Fraxel, Deep FX, Pixel, ect.) that tend to cause hyperpigmentation.

The company website has some pictures of people w/ all types of skin tones. www.Syneron.com and if you google eMatrix; eMatrix RF; sublative rejuvenation you can see images from some of the Dr. offices that offer this treatment. It's pretty new so there isn't nearly as much info/pictures as there is for Fraxel and other traditional fractional lasers. That's why a couple of us are trying to do our best to get some real life info out there about eMatrix RF .

Not sure if your even interested in treatments like these, just wanted to throw that out as an option. I've written extensively about my experiences w/ this treatment and you can see other people's journey's as well.

I'm an idiot when it comes to posting links, but lots of us have documented our progress on the thread entitled: "gonna get a eMatrix, sublative rejuvenation soon" here on the Scar Treatments forum and I've also posted on the Laser/Light forum. I know there is one lady that is of Hispanic descent that is undergoing eMatrix treatments and having good results.

I don't work for the company, so please don't accuse me of that. I sure wish I did! I would probably get all my treatments done for FREE!! Woo Hoo!!

From my research, topical peels won't do much for dented/pitted scarring, but I guess they're good for skin tone and discoloration if you have concerns with those.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread. I just wanted to let you know that there is some options out there to help you w/ your skin. Best of luck and God Bless :)

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/20/2011 5:20 am

cant indian people use tca cross or subcision?

MemberMember
(@chicago-scar-face)

Posted : 01/20/2011 10:46 pm

i am indian and i did have tca cross. i had to post pone the treatments due to my skin breaking out in cysts. My doctor prescribed me with accutane and now i am 1 month off accutane. after my 5 months pass i will continue doing tca cros because it did work. it really helped alot. there are treatments for indian skin. i dont know why you guys are saying there is no hope?

MemberMember
(@rooth)

Posted : 11/06/2013 9:56 am

Yea. Got scarring. Actually...I don't even notice those without scarring anymore because my mind only seems to focus on those who are like me. But yeah, FB is the worst, that's really where I can't help but notice. Sigh. I plan on doing everything I can to remove the deeper scars once I've killed the cysts.

Are there any East Indians on this board with acne scarring? I'm wondering because I'm East Indian (F) and have scarring, but most other East Indians have that super amazingly neve-rending smooth baby skin. I feel like I'm the only East Indian with scarring.