Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whale

Elidel causing acne?

I have been trying get rid of SD on my sideburn area & above the eyebrows for the past year. I have been hydrocortisone, 3 types of antibotics, and a number of things similar to hrdo. The last thing I was given was Elidel 1%.

The Elidel was very effective and quick (about 3 days) in clearing away the crusting and red tingling feeling. But a few days after starting Elidel I had the worst breakout of acne on my chin below the lower lip, my neck(never have acne there before) and on my lower cheek bone back to my ears. I never used the Elidel on the areas that broke out.

I thought it might be a reaction to the Elidel so I stopped using it for 3 weeks and waited for the acne to clear up. I stayed clear of acne for that week until I tried the Elidel again and had the same type of breakout.

I know this was not causedby any type of food sice I did not change my diet prior to using Elidel. Prior to using Elidel my acne had been pretty much clear for the past year.

Anyone know if Elidel is known to cause acne? Especially in locations where it was not directly applied. I would like to be able to use it because it works GREAT on my SD but I can;t take having a massive brekout of inflammatory acne.

I have been trying get rid of SD on my sideburn area & above the eyebrows for the past year. I have been hydrocortisone, 3 types of antibotics, and a number of things similar to hrdo. The last thing I was given was Elidel 1%.

The Elidel was very effective and quick (about 3 days) in clearing away the crusting and red tingling feeling. But a few days after starting Elidel I had the worst breakout of acne on my chin below the lower lip, my neck(never have acne there before) and on my lower cheek bone back to my ears. I never used the Elidel on the areas that broke out.

I thought it might be a reaction to the Elidel so I stopped using it for 3 weeks and waited for the acne to clear up. I stayed clear of acne for that week until I tried the Elidel again and had the same type of breakout. :think:

I know this was not causedby any type of food sice I did not change my diet prior to using Elidel. Prior to using Elidel my acne had been pretty much clear for the past year.

Anyone know if Elidel is known to cause acne? Especially in locations where it was not directly applied. I would like to be able to use it because it works GREAT on my SD but I can't take having a massive brekout of inflammatory acne. :redface:

Guest Timehealsall

i dont think it caused the acne... and if it did, it should have been in areas where you applied it