Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

it's been about 5 days since i have started the regimen but everytime i apply all the stuff on my face my face gets really flaky(white stuff peeling off). I don't know if that is normal because i have been using a little amount of bp. btw a lot of pimples have gone away...

IS THIS NORMAL?

thanks

if its just the flaky white residue thats absolutely fine and normal, its just residue from the BP :-)

though as i understand the benifit of Dan's BP is it doesnt leave white residue, eliminating the problem

but yes, this is normal

how long will this last?

also, after i wash my face with the cleanser, while i wait about 10-15 minutes to apply the bp gel on my face feels REALLLLLLLLLLLLLY really dry and irritating..

is that normal?

(im not using dans bp gel)

yes i understand

your BP creme/gel is white, correct?

every white BP gel/creme (other then dan's, but his isnt white its clear!) leaves white flakey residue that easily flakes/falls off

Think about this:

You put a shitload of thick white gel/liquid on your face.

You let dry.

You dont wash it off.

There is quite a bit of BP gel (which is white) which doesnt absorb completely into your skin, it sits on top. After sitting on top for a while, the liquid dryes out as any liquid I can think of does. What you get is an extremely thin layer of dry white residue on your face. What happens to something when its extremely thin? It breaks. Your skin moves, it bends, its stretches. The layer of BP dry residue is a nice solid, and does not move/bend/stretch very well. What happens when something is too thin? It breaks. The layer of residue "breaks" and at that thinness would be "flaking". It is just dryed up white cream which you gob onto your face, no reason to be alarmed.

If your in a wastefull mood and dont believe me, (and I havent tried this because I'm not in a wastefull mood, but it should obviously work) try putting a layer of BP gel on a table or something. Let it dry for a few hours. What do you get? A layer of white shit, and when you mess with it it flakes off. Your skin is always moving around and being messed with though, which is why it flakes off after a couple hours. It's just dry white shit, I doubt that stuff flaking off would make you lose effectiveness, because if its flaking off it wasnt absorbed into the skin, just a bit of leftover.

This and the fact that it would overdry your skin are the sole reasons most do not apply BP in the morning. This is what BP does when you use a lot of it. This is not bad, dont worry!

ive been having the same problem... try doing one application of bp a day for a day or two and double the amount of moisturizer youre using... chances are you arent using enough

a regimen is like how you always do something the exact same way every day, in a specific order, to get the desired effects

on acne.org, this means applying certain and or a mix of various products to our acne infected areas in the morning, at night, or at various other intervals.

for an example regimen view mine, http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=27949

or check out some other in the area "the regimen logs", there are a variety of acne regimens made up and shared at this site, ranging from using only salycilic acid cleansers to using up to 9 products a day, mashed onto your face.

I recommend checking out the following 2 products in the store by all the other acne stuff (usually near shampoos and stuff, the aisles that men arent to be seen in):

Clean and Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub (contains salyicilic acid)

Neutrogena's On-the-Spot (arguably the best benzoyl peroxide product available at your local stores)

Use a lot of the blackhead clearing scrub in both morning and night

Use a lot of the BP gel at night only. (ramping up your application of the On-the-Spot gel is recommended for those with sensitive skin, jumping into it doused with BP may overdry your skin.

Thats a fairly basic acne regimen, and works very well for many people.

View my progress at my gallery, by clicking the link in my signature.

(Sorry for getting off-topic, but this may actually help Katrina significantly, I hope!)

cl33rm3:

as for using more moisturizer, this may stop the white residue from flaking off, but with no real added benefit unless the user's skin is overdrying

the way this person is saying it, the white residue is flaking off, this is VERY normal, its pretty impossible NOT to experience it unless your not using a lot (enough) BP gel/creme.

whilst a moisturizer might stop the white residue from flaking, what it would really be doing is taking that residue off, or atleast mixing it around in the moisturizer

again, the white residue flaking off is completely normal, and just due to extra BP residue drying up! dont worry!

THANKS A BUNCH! Umm... I'm on proactive right now. I guess that could be called a regimen then, eh? Anyway, THANKS A LOT!

a question that may change this all

is your SKIN flaking, or is the white stuff flaking?

the white stuff is bp gel residue, ur doing fine

the skin stuff is skin, in that aspect cl33rm3 would be right, you do need to use signifantly more moisturizer

make sure you get a moisturizer which is made to be used on the face, usually it will say "dermatologist approved!" on it somewhere, and many suggest applying nearly as much moisturizer as you do benzoyl peroxide gel

if your skin is flaking off, your skin is too dry

if the bp residue is flaking off, your just fine, when you want to go do something social just take a shower or wash it off with water somehow, it will all come off, this is why you want to apply BP gel at night and not at morning

hah i've been having this problem myself. Thing is when i go swimming or something my face is completely white with white flaky stuff.. at first i thought it was skin but now i understand what it really is.. thanks a lot demigod!

but i still don't like it... does anyone know of an effective way to remove this flaking without irritating your skin? maybe something that exfoliates?