Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ghostunit

I am so sorry that this is not related to acne, well a bit...

I really don't know what to do. I am a full-time student and the problem is that I have become a nerd, thus, I've been ignored, etc. I reckon because of the way I write. I write to proper and I assume people hates that. I remember before when someone said that I write too proper, to act normal. I have no friends and it's hard for me to make friends in college because I am quiet and shy.

I don't greet to people because I am shy, so I assume they feel bad that I don't say hi... or bye.

They always end up saying hi to me first or bye. I don't know what is wrong with me. Sometimes I feel like going to Puerto Rico and live in a farm and just stay there for ever. But I want to become a nurse to help people. Like, what can I do? My goal is to do good in college, but when I study, my mind usually wanders off. How can I study without my mind wandering off?

I just deactivated my FaceBook account, but before I did, I had to write something that would make them feel bad. I had to say something before I deactivate my account. The only reason I did that is because I want to focus on college. It is time to try my best... I want to read often and learn new words because English is my second language, so my English is not fluent yet. Since I quit FB, now I won't be chatting or writing to people. I blame on acne a little bit because I have suffered from acne for 5 years, so I have been hiding. I think when you graduate from high school, you'll not make friends anymore. Only in college, but so far, none of them are interested being my friend. My goal is to earn B+ , -A, or A in college. You think I should forget about making friends and just focus my goal? Of course, I always make friends in classes until the course ends.. =\

Sorry for the vent.

Edited by EddieE

hey man everyone can use friends, but its also to have good grades.. what you should do is start off small, start off focusing on making acquiantances, you know people who your just friends with in school, and then from there you can start taking it to the next level and making personal friends.. You need to just say hey who cares and not worry and try your best to be more social, but take baby steps.

You need to find a good time to study,like when you're most calm.

Maybe look up some meditative techniques,go for a jog first...

It's also perfectly acceptable to study a little bit,get up and move around,then study some more.

As for friend making,take little baby steps. Go out of your comfort zone little by little,dip your feet in the water before jumping right in! Some schools have facebook groups set up,and you can casually meet someone there to make to conversation medium a little more comfortable.

Don't give up your studies,they're way more beneficial in the long run.

Good luck!!!

Lets get things clear, you 1) are from foreign country studying in US? 2) you have language barrier and 3) you have acne?

Of course its going to be hard, you have it 3 times harder than them. When I landed in uni and dorms with acne I thought somebody will appreciate how far I got, seriously, I was awaiting a medal, but I got nada, and then I dropped out.

You have all rights to be frustrated.

I really don't know what to do. I am a full-time student and the problem is that I have become a nerd, thus, I've been ignored, etc. I reckon because of the way I write. I write to proper and I assume people hates that. I remember before when someone said that I write too proper, to act normal. I have no friends and it's hard for me to make friends in college because I am quiet and shy.

I don't greet to people because I am shy, so I assume they feel bad that I don't say hi... or bye.

They always end up saying hi to me first or bye. I don't know what is wrong with me. Sometimes I feel like going to Puerto Rico and live in a farm and just stay there for ever. But I want to become a nurse to help people. Like, what can I do? My goal is to do good in college, but when I study, my mind usually wanders off. How can I study without my mind wandering off?

I just deactivated my FaceBook account, but before I did, I had to write something that would make them feel bad. I had to say something before I deactivate my account. The only reason I did that is because I want to focus on college. It is time to try my best... I want to read often and learn new words because English is my second language, so my English is not fluent yet. Since I quit FB, now I won't be chatting or writing to people. I blame on acne a little bit because I have suffered from acne for 5 years, so I have been hiding. I think when you graduate from high school, you'll not make friends anymore. Only in college, but so far, none of them are interested being my friend. My goal is to earn B+ , -A, or A in college. You think I should forget about making friends and just focus my goal? Of course, I always make friends in classes until the course ends.. =\

Sorry for the vent.

Hey Eddie, I believe we are at the same position. I totally feel for you :comfort:

I think we have a lot in common. Lol. We both study in university and encounter the same problem you have just mentioned( In fact I've been facing that for a year already, going through hell every day without friends while knowing I got a shitty gpa at the same time.. ) English is not my mother tongue too. I know that you wanna become a nurse and I'm now studying food and nutritional science. What a coincidence :wavey:

Anyway even though I'm still suffering, I decide not to let it ruin my gpa anymore as I will hardly find an intern in summer. They always say you can't find a real true friend after high school. I partially agree. And that also includes college. It doesn't mean we can't find one but it's not that easy, especially us who have made a first impression to others -shy and quiet . So I convince myself I could still make some good ones when I start working. Right now, it's all about study.

I'm not trying to be cocky or showing off, but here are the twenty quotes marked on the Harvard Library that I have once read from an article. These are very inspiring and motivating. I hope you can always remind yourself about these, just as I did :genius:

1.This moment will nap, you will have a dream; But this moment study, you will interpret a dream.

2.I leave uncultivated today, was precisely yesterday perishes tomorrow which person of the body implored.

3.Thought is already is late, exactly is the earliest time.

4.Not matter of the today will drag tomorrow.

5.Time the study pain is temporary, has not learned the pain is life-long.

6.Studies this matter, lacks the time, but is lacks diligently.

7.Perhaps happiness does not arrange the position, but succeeds must arrange the position.

8.The study certainly is not the life complete. But, since continually life part of-studies also is unable to conquer, what but also can make?

9.Please enjoy the pain which is unable to avoid.

10.only has compared to the others early, diligently diligently, can feel the successful taste.

11.Nobody can casually succeed, it comes from the thorough self-control and the will.

12.The time is passing.

13.Now drips the saliva, will become tomorrow the tear.

14.The dog equally study, the gentleman equally plays.

15.Today does not walk, will have to run tomorrow.

16.The investment future person will be, will be loyal to the reality person.

17.The education level represents the income.

18.one day, has not been able again to come.

19.Even if the present, the match does not stop changes the page.

20.Has not been difficult, then does not have attains.

Ahh a bit off topic sorry :blush:

Edited by lameleah

I think i do have a natural instinct to be shy, but when i realize i am being i just think wth and say whatever - why go through life unnoticed? But seriously you cant wait for people to come to you, because they wont. :(

Edited by Claudio

You shouldn't change who you are to make yourself appealing to certain people. Anyone who can't appreciate 100 % you isn't worth being friends with. You want to become a nurse, right? That's probably because you have a love for people, for helping. Don't let the people who are still finding themselves tell you what "normal" is. I bet you they'll be different people in a couple years, and that might not even be who they really are.

I used to be one of the shyest people ever, I had very little social skills! I always preferred to sit in the back corners of classrooms. I never really "fit in" to any social group, but I had friends who were from various groups, but that wasn't enough for me, being the confused teenager that I was. The funny thing is that we always try to fit into some category, and stress over conformity. But look at the most happy people in the world, and you'll see that they're happy because they are comfortable with who they are. There's nothing wrong with being proud of yourself, and owning who you are. In my personal experience, the people who you'll want to be friends with are the ones who can appreciate your individuality, and see it as a positive.

So you deleted your FaceBook, and made some remark to those people to try and make them feel bad. What if there was someone who actually did feel bad, an actual friend in there? I don't think you would have made the remark if you didn't want to make some impact on them. You wanted to make an impact on them, because you want people to care, to feel something. We all needs a social caravan to take us through life, a good group of individuals. If you open yourself up to communication, and maintaining a relationship with the people you meet in your classrooms, you'll start to pick up friends that are worth keeping, the ones that will care about you.

I definitely do not recommend that you just exclusively try to focus on schoolwork and not having any relationships. For me, this turned into an online gaming addiction, where you try to have vicarious friendships and relationships in place of real life ones. This isn't to say that you won't meet friends here, but shutting out the possibility of friendship certainly won't make you feel any better. Keep in contact with the people you meet in class! Definitely make time to study as you need, you know best how as far as how much time you need to study material.

Go to your derm, and/or keep searching for what works for you. Don't be discouraged when one thing that works for others doesn't work for you. Everyone's body is different, and will react better to some treatments than others. There's lots of anecdotal proof for different methods on here, be it Dan's regimen, a diet, herbs and supplements, exercise, other skin care products, or a combination of these things, which I highly recommend.

Don't give up Eddie, there's lot's of hope for you!

PS, don't apologize for venting and asking for advice. Those are some of the smartest things that we can do.

Edited by tim12

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

^ tim n everyone else already said everything, so ill just say: just be who u r, its no point to force somekind of fake attitude just to be liked by ppl, bcz if they cant accept u for who u r, they can just go to hellll! ^__^ no srsly i think ull find yo real friends only by being yourself bcz ppl who will accept u for who ur and understand u the way u r and like u regardless of what u like, wanna become or how u write etc will be the most appropriate and trustworthy ppl imo, well idk i just probz wanna sound wise n all lol, just that rly be who u are, dont force yourself into something u dont like to be, but at the same time its not necessary to write bad stuff to ppl, but i have to take my own suggestion on that 1 tho so i cant rly lecture anyone on that 1 xD well idk what u wrote there so i just stfu and wish u good luck! ;)

bcz if u beat acne, imo u did the hardest part already ukno!