Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jschuster207

Jojoba Oil Skincare Regimen

Hello everybody! I'm a relatively new member to acne.org and I must first say that the regimen does work! I did everything as required; interchanging Dan's moisturizer with jojoba oil because it felt lighter on my skin. I did this for about two months and my skin cleared, but my skin still felt dry and irritated because of the bp.

So about four days ago I decided to just wash my face with Dan's cleanser which I now interchanged with Dove soap (sensitive skin), left out the BP and just put on jojoba oil. So far my skin has stayed pretty much the same and actually has a nicer and healthier glow to it. I am going to continue doing this for the next few weeks to see how my skin fairs.

The reason I'm just using jojoba oil is because of the benefits that it does for skin. If you actually look up jojoba oil on this website, you'll notice that it is theorized to trick your skin into producing less oil because it is so similar to human sebum. Also, I read another article that said certain bacteria can't grow in jojoba oil and when used to treat acne it can improve it significantly.

That's it! I'm not going to change anything in my diet or skincare regimen. And if this does work, I hope this is a nice alternative for people with mild/moderate acne who are sick and tired of slathering bp all over their face.

Also, I'll try to update as much as I can.

Thanks for reading and good luck with your skincare regimen!

Edited by Jschuster207

So you have been on bp for two months and you're fine? My regimen is similar except I use tazorac at night when really dries out my skin. I would like to stop using my bp (acanya gel).

no breakouts thus far? me like

So you have been on bp for two months and you're fine? My regimen is similar except I use tazorac at night when really dries out my skin. I would like to stop using my bp (acanya gel).

no breakouts thus far? me like

Yeah, that's what was happening to me when I used BP. Even the 2.5%. My skin was ridiculously dry and even with jojoba oil and moisturizer... I still had flakes by the end of the day.

Okay...so today I woke up and did the same thing. Washed my face and applied jojoba oil and didn't have any breakouts. Just got home and I looked in the mirror and my face is still relatively clear except on my cheeks I noticed a little bit of red which could be oncoming blemishes or nothing at all.

We'll see by tomorrow :whistle: