Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hoping for Clarity

Experience with treatment of Perioral Dermatitis

I have been dealing with perioral dermatitis for the past 3 months, and hormonal acne for the past year (since my miscarriage). I am on birth control to help with the hormonal acne and it seems to be working pretty well. My main issue is the PD and getting rid of it.

I went to the dermatologist 6 weeks ago and she prescribed 115mg Solodyn for 12 weeks. I am on week 6 and the PD is 90% gone but I am still getting a few bumps every few days.

At first I think I was scrubbing my skin to hard and for the past 2 weeks, have been mor gentle. I also recently switched from Proactiv cleanser to Neutrogena (no SLS and no parabens) but I know it will take a bit to see results from that. I wear no makeup and use no moisturlizers. I eat a very healthy diet and exercise regularly.

I am looking for any fellow PD sufferers and their experiences with treatment times. I have read anywhere from 2-12 weeks until I can expect to be completely clear. I am happy with the improvement but tired of dealing with the regular breakouts which I thought would be gone by now......

I am very emotionally sensitive to skin issues, having suffered from acne during my teenage years for a long time. I am ready for this to be gone and not have to worry about it anymore.

Any help or anyone with experience with treatment and clearing of this condition would be great.

Thanks in advance.