Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
1betterlife

Is getting a chemical peel a good idea or bad?

If you or someone you know has had a chemical peel please comment by sending me a message. I cann ever find my post after I post them.

I want to get a chemical peel, but at the same time I am scared!! Just need advice, thoughts, or direction.

In advance thank you!

If you or someone you know has had a chemical peel please comment by sending me a message. I cann ever find my post after I post them.

I want to get a chemical peel, but at the same time I am scared!! Just need advice, thoughts, or direction.

In advance thank you!

I have had a lot of chemical peels done and i love them. I have had the PCA peels done and they are great. The medical spa where I go has done 5 layers on me in the past and it worked great. Usually after 2 days my skin started to peel in sheets. It didnt hurt at all though and I experienced minimal swelling. My skin looked so much better and it dried up all my active acne as well. It didnt work the best on my acne scars as good as the IPL did but it helped my active acne and uneven skin tone. I havent had one in a few years but am thinking about it again since my face has been breaking out more. I just wish they were cheaper than $125. I need a job at a spa!!!

I also have bought 30% glycolic acid peels from makeup artists choice and they work well too. You just have to follow the instructions but I havent had any problems doing these and have even gone up to 50%. You just have to work your way up and start out slow.

Edited by Karen Howz