Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
selfconscious2

My face itches!

Yesterday night after cleansing with Cetaphil gentle cleanser, I applied Oxy 5% BP, followed by Cetaphil moisturizing cream. It itched terribly. I had to gently scratch using my fingers (but with my shirt wrapped over).

Today the itching is better, but still there. I suspect it's the moisturizer as I only started using it recently. Is it possible?

How long have you been following the regime?

I've only been following it for just over a week and the first 2 days of applying panyoxl 2.5 my face was sooooooooo itchy, since then the itching has pretty much disappeared.

Think it took my face a couple of days to get over the shock. I do still get itchy patches when a particular area gets overly dry.

I now pay a lot more attention to where I apply the BP and where the moisture is applied.

Seems if I miss just a tiny part with the moisturiser my face itches like mad.

Hope the regime is helping tho.

How long have you been following the regime?

I've only been following it for just over a week and the first 2 days of applying panyoxl 2.5 my face was sooooooooo itchy, since then the itching has pretty much disappeared.

Think it took my face a couple of days to get over the shock. I do still get itchy patches when a particular area gets overly dry.

I now pay a lot more attention to where I apply the BP and where the moisture is applied.

Seems if I miss just a tiny part with the moisturiser my face itches like mad.

Hope the regime is helping tho.

Few weeks ago I started applying BP w/o the moisturizer. 2 days ago I got the moisturizer and yesterday I started the regime with BP and moisturizer.

This morning I applied BP w/o moisturizer and itching was minimal. I'm going to apply moisturizer tonight to see if it itches. I hope not. I paid good money for it. :(

Itching is not so bad now, but still there. Should I stop using the moisturizer or is it normal to itch when starting to moisturize for the first time?

Its perfectly normal, you can try waiting longer between applying BP and applying moisturizer, it might help with the itching.

But you definitely SHOULD use moisturizer, no matter how itchy things get, otherwise your skin might get raw and painful from being so dry from the BP.

I have been on the regimen for just over a week and my face is itching like crazy. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night from itching my face and roll over and apply moisturizer onto the itchy areas while I am half asleep haha. I dont think its from your moisturizer as my face has been getting more itchy as the days have gone by from the BP irritation. Just keep moisturizing and hopefully it will start to soothe the itching ( I also use cetaphil to moisturize and it works good!)