Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zdub2009

Acne/Wrinkles/Scarring Male Age 20

Well I finished accutane last month and my skin is clear. However I still have these wrinkles on my forehead that have been there for about 3 years. They are very deep and are noticibile even when I'm not making an expression. I've had acne since I was 13 and my forehead was always the worst. Even after the Accutane it is very red and a lot of indentions. Is there any way I can get rid of these lines considering I'm only 20. I've attached a pic. It is low res but I have one line going all the way across my forehead and two smaller ones above that. Is there anything a dermatologist could do without using botox.

post-135606-1295326764_thumb.jpg

post-135606-1295326764_thumb.jpg

Edited by zdub2009

Congrats on your skin clearing up! There's quite a few things you can do for your skin, but don't try it all at once or you might aggravate your skin.

- retinoids, you could get some from your derm, or use a product with retinol in it.

- AHA/BHA would both help with exfolation and skin cell turnover

- exfoliators like the clarisonic or things like the neutrogena wave have anti aging and anti acne benefits, and kind of plump up the skin.

You'll have to be more patient than you were with acne, but since you went through accutane that shouldn't be a problem :D Best of luck!

Edit: eventually I think you could use an otc product with retinol, like a non comodegnic anti aging moisturizer, with an exfoliating cleanser without worrying about irritation. The key is slow introduction. Clarisonic's are around 100 dollars and apparently have very dramatic effects, but some people experience an initial breakout with them. Again as with anything, be cautious and do research before you make a purchase and try things out!

Edited by tim12

The wrinkles are noticable but are totally normal. You probably use your forehead alot while making expressions. If it really bothers you then do Botox. Your young and I really dont think its bad and Botox is kinda expensive but Botox will reduce the depth.

On a scale of 1-10 how bad would you say the lines are? How long would it take to see improvement?

They're not bad at all! As for how long it would take, I can't really speak for that. But it also is essential to moisturize, and you could kill two birds with one stone by using a moisturizer that has retinol, vitamin e is another good thing, and those types of things that is non comodogenic to also help plump up the lines.

What do you have against botox beside limited movement? You can try fillers for lines and wrinkles...there are types the last months to year and one I know of that's permanent. A good retinol/moisterizer can help to a degree.

Guest Timehealsall

hmm do you think acne gave you these wrinkles?

IMO just get botox

Hey if it bothers you a lot go see a derm or plastic surgeon. Maybe you could get subcision done. I know subcision is used for scars that are bound down but its also used to improve laugh lines. The best thing to do is go see a professional. For the mean time i would usea vitamin A cream because vitamin A helps with collagen rebuilding. I hope i helped....well good luck.