Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
simonev

jst finished 6 month course

I just finished my course 1-2 weeks ago, was on it for 6 months.

But now my neck has 1000 pimples all down it,

he said once i finish i shouldnt get one pimple...

i guess ill wait 1 month or so and see how it all goes.

I think the doctor saying "you shouldn't get one pimple" is an exaggeration. You can still get pimples, though Accutane should reduce the number you get, and how bad they are.

You can ask your doctor if it is safe to use some over-the-counter products to see if they help. I got 3 new pimples the week after I finished Accutane and I was SO UPSET. But they went away. I still get some very tiny ones. I put a little salicylic acid on them and it clears them up within a day or two. But overall, I am so happy that my skin is like a normal person my age, and not giant pimples everywhere.

Best of luck! :)

I also got pimples once I finished my course, but they cleared very quickly, and now I get one about once a month. I know it's scary, but be patient, and don't freak out :)

pretty strange that your doc said you won't get a pimple... it's pretty common to have a breakout as your body comes off the medication as it readjusts. if it becomes a continuous pattern weeks and months down the road, then yes be concerned, but not yet. I hope '1000' pimples is an exaggeration =)