Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nick_04

Facial Peels

I've never had a facial peel before... but if you are having facial peels, just remember, if people judge you for who you are on the outside... that's wrong... people should judge you for who you are on the inside. It's inner beauty that counts... even for guys. bb_eusa_angel.gif

You make a valid point. But the sad truth is that most of us judge people by a combination of inner and outer beauty. I know that *I* do. I'd be lying if I said otherwise.

Yes, sadly enough I would have to be truthful and say that I do judge people by their outward appearance once in awhile... it's a sin... and we're all probably tempted to do it. We need to find strength to fight against it. Our strength can come from the Bible.

Psalm 139: 13,14, "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am FEARFULY and WONDERFULLY made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

That verse brings a hope and a promise... biggrin.gif

I agree with Robert. It's in nature for people to behave as Robert suggests (although there are obviously extremes, people that care mostly or only about looks or people who don't care at all about looks, but the people of the second category seem to me somehow rare), there is nothing wrong about it. Of course that's mostly the case with more personal/intimate relationships, I think, otherwise in other everyday situations people obviously don't pay much attention on looks (unless you look like frankenstain's monster, I think). Anyway, just some ideas.

Yes, umm... ok. Good point, but remember... we need to put aside our differences and work on what's inside, that's what people are going to really care about! If you are friendly, outgoing, and lovable... you enjoy life and are adventerous... or whatever your characteristics are, people will look at your heart, not your face. I know y'all want to look good on the outside too. Don't overdo the makeup, that never is impressing, apply ProActive Solution, or whatever you use to your acne everyday and be patient. Patience is a virtue...

I use lactic acid peels. As far as looks go - if god didn't want anyone to be hot, why did he invent silicone?

Joking wink.gif

I mean about god inventing silicone. bb_eusa_whistle.gif

Yes - lots of people that post here have had or done peels. You can do a search on "peel" and see what results appear for lots more info. smile.gif

a facial peel as in professional chemical peel or a commercial facial peel brand? because my derm said the stuff you can buy in most stores would help with acne (unclogging pores) but woudn't do much for reducing scars/redness

Most of us buy our "peels" (some are really not peels, but simply exfoliators) off the Internet. Some very potent products are readily available.

ummmmm........ robert. go to www.nexopia.com and join. then add me, ok? i'm called "katrina15"

but don't add the ""'s, oktay?

Oldguy, Maybe it was the devil that invented silicone (breast implants) which I assume you're referring to. After all, many women's breasts were destroyed by leakage of silicone some time after. I'm sure god likes his (o)(o) natural as do I. Most of the beautiful women I've seen have smaller breasts. All the supermodels do.

LOL go small (o)(o)'s ! Most guys i know don't like impants, plus they dont really look good, I always think, her body would be nice if it weren't for those freaky boobs

Not only that, but in my opinion, it is the imperfections in people that show their humanity and their beauty. I really mean that. Women who have everything in place I find to be pretty much invisible...I don't notice them for some reason. Then again, perhaps sometimes people (especially women) are not changing their appearance to necessarily attract men, but to compete with others of the same sex. I don't know. I honestly have never understood breast implants at all. I can understand breast reduction in some cases, but well I guess it just goes to show how badly we have brainwashed ourselves over the years. We have lost touch with our humanity. Or maybe our insanity is the most human thing in the world. bb_eusa_think.gif

Yeah, and besides they'll be sagging when you're in the 40's.. Breast implants might be useful if you're a woman over 16 and have the chest of a 10 yr old boy, which would be like correcting a disfigurement to something more natural and pleasing -aesthetically- Although I prefer a nice butt over the boobs (_I_) wub.gif