Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unx

keeping face/pores clean - humid/hot/sunny environment

I was wondering if I could get some cleaning advice. I am 27/male and have had some degree of acne problems for around the last 9-10 years. It's more under control these days, but I always have something visible on my face. Mostly, I suffer from whiteheads clogging my pores. These whiteheads can come out in a week or sometimes they stay under the surface for months. Always, they cause red spots when healing.

For the most part, I think this is related some unhealthy imbalance in my system, probably related to poor digestion. This is my guess, but I think it makes sense. However, I haven't found a way to solve this yet. And so the problem is, when I sweat a lot or when I get sick, everything comes out in my face. I always breakout more.

Now, I am planning to move to a very humid, hot, and sunny climate soon. I will be sweating a lot every day. On top of that, the sun is just brutal. I cannot use anything that will cause my face to react poorly in sunlight (acid pads for example).

So, my question is, what can I do/use to mitigate acne as much as possible, and keep my face clean as gently as possible?

Right now, I take on tablet of nicotinamide per day. I used to use 2% salicylic acid pads and sometimes a mild retinol. Other than that, I just washed my face with water throughout the day. However, since returning to the US (KC), the weather is so ridiculously dry, I don't do anything but wash with water and use the acne.org moisturizer.

Thanks for any help/advice! I appreciated it.