Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rubberduck

Being clear one week, breakout the next!?

Hey guys, I've had genetic acne since I was around 13, and im 17 now and I think I may be on my last months. I keep getting really clear skin, and then I will get a random breakout, which will die down during the week then go clear again. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Usually I would just be breaken out constantly...Does this mean I am finally about to be permanently clear soon!?

i know exactly what you mean. ive been geeting teenage acne since i was about 14. im 17 now also and the same thing happens to me. as soon my skin starts to look normal ill break out. it gets pretty annoying. do you pick at any spots? whenever i notice some (not noticeable unless really up close) spots, ill pick at them and it will just cause more problems and ill be left with more redness and possibly a scab. so ive been trying to keep from messing with my skin and it seems to get better. i also noticed when i dont think about it my acne tends to improve. if i notice a pimple forming even if its under the skin ill leave it alone and just apply a little zapzyt 10% bp to it after every shower. and within a few days it will be gone. but just like you ive been noticing my acne lessining more an more as the weeks go by so maybe were getting close to a lot less acne and just an occasional zit! are you a guy by the way? seems like guys with acne are a lot more likely to clear up after puberty.

Edited by mike117

i know exactly what you mean. ive been geeting teenage acne since i was about 14. im 17 now also and the same thing happens to me. as soon my skin starts to look normal ill break out. it gets pretty annoying. do you pick at any spots? whenever i notice some (not noticeable unless really up close) spots, ill pick at them and it will just cause more problems and ill be left with more redness and possibly a scab. so ive been trying to keep from messing with my skin and it seems to get better. i also noticed when i dont think about it my acne tends to improve. if i notice a pimple forming even if its under the skin ill leave it alone and just apply a little zapzyt 10% bp to it after every shower. and within a few days it will be gone. but just like you ive been noticing my acne lessining more an more as the weeks go by so maybe were getting close to a lot less acne and just an occasional zit! are you a guy by the way? seems like guys with acne are a lot more likely to clear up after puberty.

Cheers for the reply Mike! You're pretty much the same as me, I also notice that when I dont think about my acne it improves...for instance, if I am out for most of the weekend, drinking and such, going to sleep just splashing water on my face, I notice that my skin improves alot! I dont know if thats because im not thinking about the acne, or if its because my skin is having a break from products. And yeah I am a guy, but I just find it hard to beleive that I could be clear soon, since my Dad told me his acne lasted until he was 18-19, so I cant be to sure, but fingers crossed! Are you still using products? When my skin goes clear I tend not too, then when I get a big breakout I apply alot of 10% BP all over the face, but I think I need to find some 100% like you, so I can apply it to single spots, since my face isnt affected all over.

Also, I just read your other thread that you made, and I've noticed where I have alot of hair growing on the face, like on my sides, chin, and lip, the acne has decreased alot, so maybe our acne will just clear as all the hairs come through! Just a thought :)

thought id reply seeing as i go through pretty much exactly the same thing, although i am a few years older. tbh im really not sure if it is a sign that the acne is going away, but i do think its a sign that the acne is at least becoming gradually less severe. The best treatment I have found is to simply not touch the face, not for itchiness, not for picking, not for nothing. This way, whilst you'll still get pimples, they usually won't become too inflamed, and they'll go away quickly and easily. in regards to the hair, i thought the same thing when i started growing facial hair and i thought acne simply wouldnt grow there. this holidays i didnt shave my beard for about a month, but once i did, i noticed heaps of pimples had been growing under the beard, so my advice is a little hair on the face is good, but don't go extreme periods without shaving, itll only end up being worse for ur acne, when u do eventually have to shave

Now that I have a pretty set routine, my skin doesn't do this as much. I'm 19 now, but I would definitely agree that my skin act's like a sin/cos (you get the point) function. Some day's my skin would be great, and it'd keep on improving, and then one day I'd have a new pimple. "No worries, it's just one pimple!" Then 2 more the next day, and so on and so on until I'd have 1 part of my face badly broken out, and then scattered acne. Overall this is happening less now that I'm older (woot woot), and the condition of my skin is largely dependent on things that I'm in control of. It also helps that you use skin care products that are right for you, and right for you might not necessarily be all natural, or bp, or light therapy, but as long as it doesn't continuously aggravate your acne further than that's a huge plus.

Yeah, I definitely hope I'm almost through with the hormonal type of acne!

thought id reply seeing as i go through pretty much exactly the same thing, although i am a few years older. tbh im really not sure if it is a sign that the acne is going away, but i do think its a sign that the acne is at least becoming gradually less severe. The best treatment I have found is to simply not touch the face, not for itchiness, not for picking, not for nothing. This way, whilst you'll still get pimples, they usually won't become too inflamed, and they'll go away quickly and easily. in regards to the hair, i thought the same thing when i started growing facial hair and i thought acne simply wouldnt grow there. this holidays i didnt shave my beard for about a month, but once i did, i noticed heaps of pimples had been growing under the beard, so my advice is a little hair on the face is good, but don't go extreme periods without shaving, itll only end up being worse for ur acne, when u do eventually have to shave

ah ok, ill keep that in mind with the facial hair. And do you mean you dont do any treatment or regimine, you simply just dont touch your face at all?

i only treat a pimple with 10% bp right on the spot once a day if there are any. i never put product all over my face. it seems to make eveything worse for me.

ah ok, ill keep that in mind with the facial hair. And do you mean you dont do any treatment or regimine, you simply just dont touch your face at all?

zero treatment regime lol. iv had acne for around 2.5 years and havnt wasted time or money on any creams scrubs medicines or anything, iv just let time do the job. My acne wasnt going away, but as long as iv made sure i dont touch my face at all, under any circumstances, i can at least control it to the point, where it doesnt look too severe.

Edited by scar--face