Notifications
Clear all

Severe acne story

MemberMember
(@hiimmatt)

Posted : 01/17/2011 2:34 pm

Hello, Everyone my name is matt. This is my first post here so im little nervous so excuse me if i misspell a word or something lol. Anyway my acne story starts in 2005 when i got my first pimple on my chin i didnt think much of it cuz in wasent much lol, Anyway ever since then i've been at war with acne all to this day and still going and is gotten very bad over the years and i mean VERY bad. Back in 2005-2007 it really wasent that bad, But starting in the middle of 2008 that's when things really took a turn for the worse i started to get LOTS of acne all over my body, And i'm not talking about little pimples i'm talkin cyst, whiteheads, blackheads, hard big red pimples, boil looking pimples that would scab up and scar, Yeah thats also another thing "scars" i have some really really bad ones on me the worse would be..well how would i say this..acne line up scar...or that's how i put it what happened was 1 bad acne bump would come up then that would go away then another bad would come up right under it and go away and 1 more came up right under that one and it made a huge scar on my chest which is where is was, it has faded some but you can still see it easily but i got tons more scar on my chest and back, shoulders, neck yeah my back, neck and shoulders too has got LOTS of scars due to acne, not just little ones big ones and i have never taken off my shirt for ANYONE not even my own family cuz i think is horrible to look at :( i don't know how it got this bad, i haven't been out in public for so long i don't remember the last time i was, i used to love going out to places and now i cant anymore because it just to hard for me its like a test..the hardest test in the world and i cant pass it..I know you probably want pictures but i cant cuz i don't have a camera or anything i would if i did so im sorry i cant...anyway if you think you have bad acne like im saying few pimples on face maybe a few on back then i wish i were you cuz thats not even remotely close to how bad mine is. I also went to the derma and got put on accutane instantly cuz it was so bad i saw the look on their faces when they saw my back and arms it was and oh....my...god...look and i could understand that look anyone would have that look if they saw me, but it was not only my back like i said it was everywhere face, neck, shoulder, stomach(just a few pimples), hell even my leg but just like 1 or 2 pimple that was it but theres still acne there. But anyway my life has been i guess you could say well..hell and everyday i wish it was a nightmare i could wake up from. taking a shower was one of the hardest thing for me too do with my acne cuz i would always bleed everytime i got out and was really painful to dry off but yeah i know it gross.. The accutane did help my acne a lot though so i dont really have that much anymore but i still get them on my chest some and maybe a few on my back everyonce and a while but mostly chest, i guess the accutane just wasent strong enough to get rid of all my acne there was too much :(. Anyway this is longer than i thought it would be lol, but anyway guys that my acne story i did leave out some of the gross stuff in the story so you wouldnt you know get anymore grossed out or anything. Anyway guys if you read this i thank you very much for you taking your time too read it and if anyone has any advice for me on how to face the public with bad acne scars, get rid of scars, rest of my acne etc.. then i would appreciate it. Thanks for reading everyone, god bless.

MemberMember
(@20andoverit)

Posted : 01/17/2011 8:50 pm

pm me bro...If you only have scars I seriously can help

MemberMember
(@almost-pretty)

Posted : 01/23/2011 9:48 am

if you're talking about "marks", i'd suggest bathing with licorice or papaya soap.

MemberMember
(@ihatemyself)

Posted : 01/23/2011 6:12 pm

this made me feel better, i can relate

MemberMember
(@wowthatsright)

Posted : 01/25/2011 12:10 am

yeah i also could relate to this.... at first i thought it was a mosquito bite or a flee bite on my face not acne

MemberMember
(@theonlyexception)

Posted : 01/25/2011 10:12 pm

That was (almost) one huge run-on sentence. Punctuation, please! The only reason I bring this up is that it was very difficult to read and follow-- I'm not trying to pick on you.

Anyway, you need to bring up these issues with a dermatologist. Maybe schedule as the first appointment of the day when people are at work or the last appointment of the day if you don't want to be seen in public. Best of luck.

MemberMember
(@hiimmatt)

Posted : 01/26/2011 4:54 am

That was (almost) one huge run-on sentence. Punctuation, please! The only reason I bring this up is that it was very difficult to read and follow-- I'm not trying to pick on you.

Anyway, you need to bring up these issues with a dermatologist. Maybe schedule as the first appointment of the day when people are at work or the last appointment of the day if you don't want to be seen in public. Best of luck.

Lol, Sorry if you couldnt read it well i was never really a good writer xD. But i have recently been going back out in public again and so far its been going good, people stare but who cares lol. Anyway thanks for reading and commenting :)

MemberMember
(@slcta05)

Posted : 01/26/2011 10:44 pm

Hi matt! im new to this site..well, new to sign up and respond. i read alot of posts on here though. Urs caught my attention. Try panoxyl 10 cream wash. u can get it at a local walgreens or CVS. If not then u can order it online. its cheap. anyways, for some reason i started breaking out horribly on my back and chest. i came across this stuff after trying neutrogena and natures cure..Panoxyl 10 is strong. Its 10 percent benzoyl peroxide, which is, i think, the stronger over-the-counter u can get. wash with it daily, and let it sit on ur skin for a minute or so. I personally dont care for it on my face. It very bothersome and drying for my face. Actually made my acne worse..anyways...i wish i had a magic wand. i would relieve u, myself, and every acne sufferer in the world rid of their problem..sigh!!!

MemberMember
(@hiimmatt)

Posted : 01/27/2011 1:14 am

Update guys i now have pictures. Yup i went to the store today to buy a webcam(all i could afford lol) just to show how BAD mine is. Mostly all you will see is scars that are on my back, neck, arms, chest, face. but there are a few bumps in the pictures(keep note they dont look as bad in person as in the picture cuz of the bad quality)Also keep in mind that i didnt take pictures of all my scars and acne these are just a few parts, i have a LOT more then what your seeing here. Anyway Here's the pictures(WARNING DONT LOOK AT THESE WITH WEAK STOMACH)

post-144207-1296108549_thumb.jpgpost-144207-1296108555_thumb.jpgpost-144207-1296108575_thumb.jpg

post-144207-1296108637_thumb.jpgpost-144207-1296108641_thumb.jpg

post-144207-1296108587_thumb.jpgpost-144207-1296108912_thumb.jpg

post-144207-1296108566_thumb.jpg

post-144207-1296108549_thumb.jpg

post-144207-1296108555_thumb.jpg

post-144207-1296108566_thumb.jpg

post-144207-1296108575_thumb.jpg

post-144207-1296108587_thumb.jpg

post-144207-1296108637_thumb.jpg

post-144207-1296108641_thumb.jpg

post-144207-1296108912_thumb.jpg

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/27/2011 6:20 am

hmm these dont rly look like regular acne actually well hopefully someone more knowledgable than me will tell u what this is, but to me it looks like its something else than plain acne but idk :/

anyhow, looks like yo face have cleared up at least, so at least that. maybe tell us what have u done, used so far for curing it? ukno diets, topicals, stuff..:/

feel for u bro!

MemberMember
(@hiimmatt)

Posted : 01/27/2011 11:49 am

hmm these dont rly look like regular acne actually well hopefully someone more knowledgable than me will tell u what this is, but to me it looks like its something else than plain acne but idk :/

anyhow, looks like yo face have cleared up at least, so at least that. maybe tell us what have u done, used so far for curing it? ukno diets, topicals, stuff..:/

feel for u bro!

Hi, Fugleee thanks for commenting :). Anyway what got rid of most of my face acne was accutane last year it helped quite a bit. I still get very small pimples on my face but nothing to bad anymore although i sometimes get a few bad one on my chest. And i can tell you what type this acne is, Its im pretty sure, Was a bad case acne conglobata and acne vulgaris. my derma said this is acne cuz i asked him, its Nothing else. Your mostly seeing bumpy like scars im not sure what there called, If anyone has a name let me know please :).

MemberMember
(@xn)

Posted : 01/27/2011 12:17 pm

I had/have? severe acne too, but not in those places like in some of your pics- inline of arms. I had cysts where the oil glands are- face, back, shoulders, never on the inline side of arms.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/27/2011 5:07 pm

^ hey i actually get occasional pimples on inside of hands and other impossible places too, i guess this and op's case just proves there just are no limits for acne's imagination on how to screw us up

MemberMember
(@mooboo119)

Posted : 02/10/2011 1:47 am

those are keloids/hypertrophic scars (usually grows on chest,back, neck). Do you have it on your face too?

MemberMember
(@hiimmatt)

Posted : 02/10/2011 8:22 pm

those are keloids/hypertrophic scars (usually grows on chest,back, neck). Do you have it on your face too?

I have one small hypertrophic scar on my face thats flattening down now but thats pretty much it. Thank god for no keloid scars on my face :D

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/11/2011 5:40 am

damn man.. how do you live like this.

MemberMember
(@nineteen-stars)

Posted : 02/11/2011 8:37 am

hey.. first of all i am sorry, and i feel selfish for sitting here crying because i have ONE thing on my face that is huge and a bunch of tiny ones that i can always cover with makeup... and some on my body that nobody can really see... but, i guess it shows you that it's always bad no matter how big or small..

these really look like they could be trouble, in the long term.. i would try going to another dermatologist and maybe pointing out all of this stuff you have said here. even if it's just a consult. i don't think it's regular acne like some have said, so it needs a different treatment.. perhaps heavy medication, maybe even injections.

i wish you good luck!

MemberMember
(@hiimmatt)

Posted : 02/12/2011 9:32 pm

damn man.. how do you live like this.

I can live like this because life is more important then scars and acne. I wake up everyday and say this to my acne.."f*** you" and then go about my day. I dont care what people think about my scars or acne, If that is all they care about then they need some help. Its a teenage life problem, so people should understand what were going through when they see us with acne. But sadly a lot dont....mostly stuck up teenagers who think there perfect cause they have clear skin and we dont and pick on us for it. People like that make me sick...But even though they think that i still dont let it bother me cause i care about life and want to live it to the fullest and not care about what people think. And i'd like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment :), God bless.

MemberMember
(@squatra)

Posted : 02/16/2011 5:55 am

Wow.. I felt sorry.. This is my first time saw acne like that.. I hope you have the best solution about your acne..

MemberMember
(@tlee)

Posted : 02/16/2011 6:37 am

Matt,

Thank you for sharing your experience and photos on here. Your strength, together with your positive attitute in response to negativity on here is remarkable. It would have taken a lot of courage to post your photos on here - i havent had the same courage. Cheers to you :)

I think you are correct in coming to the conclusion that all that matters in life is the fact that you actually live it. People will always for their own opinions of other people, regardless of scarring. We all just have to make sure we have the best time on this earth that we possibly can.

Goodluck with everything

MemberMember
(@treefase93)

Posted : 02/16/2011 6:58 am

Matt,

Thank you for sharing your experience and photos on here. Your strength, together with your positive attitute in response to negativity on here is remarkable. It would have taken a lot of courage to post your photos on here - i havent had the same courage. Cheers to you :)

I think you are correct in coming to the conclusion that all that matters in life is the fact that you actually live it. People will always for their own opinions of other people, regardless of scarring. We all just have to make sure we have the best time on this earth that we possibly can.

Goodluck with everything

Agreed. There are times you just really don't need to complain about things like grammar and punctuation. Takes a discerning person to to realize that one-upping somebody won't get you anywhere.

MemberMember
(@embarrassed22)

Posted : 02/16/2011 7:02 am

Ur story brought a tear 2 my eye cuz I can relate so much...ur strength n confidence inspire me. I PRAY u find relief matt.

MemberMember
(@espinilla12)

Posted : 02/16/2011 11:31 am

God bless you! My goodness your story and pictures have made me think twice about complaining. ARe you still on accutane? Have you talked to your dermatolgist about what can be done about your scars? I'm happy to hear that your face is not scarred. People can be so cruel, and it's hard not to notice them staring at our acne, but like you said living life is what matters, not what other people think. I pray for you that you may find a remedy for you scars (physical and emotinal).

MemberMember
(@accushame)

Posted : 02/16/2011 7:53 pm

your confidence and positive attitude are amazing matt, seriously. the world should be filled with people like you, as corny as that sounds aha. if people can't handle what they're seeing it's their problem and they're not worth your time.

MemberMember
(@accushame)

Posted : 02/16/2011 8:07 pm

oh and i suggest a second round of accutane :) since you had success w/ it before, as for the scars you should go see a derm and get his opinion, maybe try some laser treatments if it's in your budget but yeah def get a derm's opinion! scars fade on their own over time, i know yours are severe and might need injections of some sort, but they're just scars. i have a weak stomach (i read your warning and braced myself haha) and yours didn't disgust me whatsoever. don't be ashamed of them, the right person will look past them, they will not care or stare, and they sure as hell won't love you less because of them.