Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

6 + months on the regimen, time to call it quits?

Guest Timehealsall

Been on the regimen for 6 months and i still have dry skin, still have dark colored dead skin coming off my skin everyday, and worst of all, i am still getting zits (though the zits are small in size, but it seems i get more now than ever before).

What should i do? Most moisturizers ball with my skin regardless (Seborrheic dermatitis?), and jojoba oil seems like a no-no for me.

I am honestly lost as to what to do.

input wud be appreciated

My suggestion is to try different moisterizers until you find one that works. I use Dan's moisterizer but then about twenty minutes later I need to add something else because it really doesn't moisterize that much - although it is starting to do a better job the longer I use it. But after about 15-20 minutes I put on Ponds dry skin lotion. It really works wonders and doesn't make me break out. My flakes are gone and they don't come back all day. I have been using this lotion for years, though. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Guest Timehealsall

been to two derms. They just gave me antibiotics and topicals. tried a few already, to no avail.

Why does jojoba seem like a no-no? I recently bought some and have already found that it makes my moisturizer go on much much smoother and it gets rid of a lot of those annoying flakes and peeling. Even though my skin is really oily to begin with, it hasn't broken me out at all.

Guest Timehealsall

spreads seborrheic dermatitis