Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nicolata

Redness

Does anyone else just have kind of a general redness on their face? It isn't really individual spots, but it is just kind of a reddish shade on certain parts of the face. Is it possible that this is from the benzoyl peroxide?

Benzoyl peroxide can make your face red. I have pale skin and it makes mine a bit red. Don't use stronger than 2.5%. I can live with redness much better than acne. If it's red without using BP though, it may be rosacea and you should see a doctor.

Thanks, oldguy. I never had it before the BP, so I guess that is it. I also prefer it to having active acne, so I guess I should be happy. Is there any solution other than to stop using BP?

When I knew about Benzol Peroxide I was so excited of starting on the regimen, that I would follow the directions but I would put alot of BP on my face... ohh man, it got so red, it would even burn my face with water or moisterizer contact .. telling you, it was bad..... bb_icon_redface.gif ....then I realized my skin was very sensitive and couldn't tolerate large amounts of BP.....so I stopped using it for 3 days and started all over again, this time little around my face and a bit more on the cysts cool.gif .......this is true 2 months ago, my facial skin was very bad, I was totally depressed, two days I couldn't make it to work.... sad.gif

Today I still have a couple of pimples, but I feel much better, my acne was really interfering with my social life, I was very insecure....heyyy, very important, please, please, don't touch your skin, grab your hair, if you really need to pinch a pimple, don't do it with your fingers or nails.. [you will transmit the bacteria to another area of your face], replace your fingers with QTips, grab two QTips and go ahead [only if needed] very gently, remember the harder you do it, the bigger the scare will be ph34r.gif ...

Good Luck...

Thanks for all your support during the most critical moments of my life [i got my acne 'cause my mom passed away unsure.gif , my fiance broke up with me bb_eusa_boohoo.gif and my brother went to jail ohmy.gif , crazy world huh? or is it a karma? ] .....just, keep walking, like johnny....

Madeleine.

Is there any way to reduce/remove redness in general ie. my nose is noticably red all the time. so i'm not just talking about a spot of redness. Any ideas?