Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
helpmypimples

Zuzu Luxe? Lorac Natural Performance Foundation?

I get severe acne outbreaks if I don't use acne wash and acne topical antibiotics. My skin is very problematic, but can stay under control with acne products. Right now, I'm trying Dermify and hoping with great hope that it will fix my current outbreak.

I've been using Zuzu Luxe oil-free foundation for about six months now. I don't know if it contributes to or exacerbates my acne issues. Does anyone else use this foundation, and what do you think of the ingredients?

Ingredients: Aqua (infusion of aloe barbadensis leaf juice), glycerin, cetearyl alcohol, calendula officianlis flower extract, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, limonene, cellulose gum, letithin, silica, mica, xantham gum, cetyl alcohol, kaolin, iron oxides, ultra marines, titanium dioxide, potassium sorbate).

I used to use Revlon Colorstay, but I didn't like the color as much. Also, Revlon has all of the parabens, chemicals, etc., which I would rather avoid.

I also just bought yesterday Lorac Natural Performance Foundation , but I tested it on my cheek, and it was very difficult to remove with face wash. It seemed to stick to my skin.

I would appreciate thoughts on Zuzu and Lorac. Thanks!

Edited by helpmypimples

Get a Clarisonic face brush and you can use any make-up you want. It is a miracle worker. After I bought mine, it helped clear my face significantly. It vibrates and helps dislodge make-up trapped in your pores, which will not be completely removed with normal washing. Plus most acne sufferers have a sluggish cell turnover rate, and the brush will also help clear out the dead skin.

Previously, I was using a lot of mineral make-up, having believed the myth that it is good for your skin, and I got massive breakouts. After doing some research I found mineral make-up is worse because many of the ingredients are irritants and it lodges deeper in the pores and is harder to wash away than regular makeup.

I personally use a dab of Vichy concealer as foundation. Great coverage and no skin problems so far.