Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
avron

I officially quit the regimen!

Hey guys,

After using the regimen for over 8weeks, I noticed that there was no improvement in my breakouts, BP seemed to have covered my problematic areas with dead skin layers, I felt as if BP was killing my skin. I kept peeling DAILY, the healing got slowed down badly and I developed a temporary smiling lines. I guess this proves that it can age you or something.

I've been off BP for about 2 weeks now, my skin is recovering, it's starting to get soft and normal again, healing became so much better and the smiling lines disappeared.

I've only noticed that the regimen works on inflammatory acne and not clogged pores.

if anyone out there knows a decent regimen for clogged pores, please tell me, so far I've noticed the only thing that's helping me is staying outdoor and under the sun for at least an hour, I think it's because it makes my skin shed faster... (retinoids do the same, no?)

Oh, I`m so sorry the reg didn`t work for you avron!! bb_sad.gif

But, I`m sure you will find something that helps. What have you tried so far to battle your acne? I`m not an expert, but maybe if you listed what you`ve done, what worked, what didn`t... maybe someone will see that and have an idea for you, maybe something you can try...

Hey guys,

After using the regimen for over 8weeks, I noticed that there was no improvement in my breakouts, BP seemed to have covered my problematic areas with dead skin layers, I felt as if BP was killing my skin. I kept peeling DAILY, the healing got slowed down badly and I developed a temporary smiling lines. I guess this proves that it can age you or something.

I've been off BP for about 2 weeks now, my skin is recovering, it's starting to get soft and normal again, healing became so much better and the smiling lines disappeared.

I've only noticed that the regimen works on inflammatory acne and not clogged pores.

if anyone out there knows a decent regimen for clogged pores, please tell me, so far I've noticed the only thing that's helping me is staying outdoor and under the sun for at least an hour, I think it's because it makes my skin shed faster... (retinoids do the same, no?)

i've heard from many sources that while bp is great for inflamed acne, sa is ideal for clogged pores... you should definitely look into some sa solution

Wow, that site does sell Isotretinoin (accutane) without a prescription. I would be pretty scared to take that stuff without seeing a doctor though.

Never ever take Accutane without a doctor's supervision. You need regular blood tests to make sure you are ok while you're on it. Accutane is hardcore and not to be fooled with.

Never ever take Accutane without a doctor's supervision. You need regular blood tests to make sure you are ok while you're on it. Accutane is hardcore and not to be fooled with.

i would not use accutane w/o a doctors supervision. i know of a person that suffered major liver complications while taking accutane. she went to the doctors but after the couple times she did not get her blood checked she developed a huge problem. she needed to get a liver transplant however unfornately she passed away due to extreme complications. be careful dude

Thank you sooooo much people!

I've seen my dermatologist, she did mention the roc hydra+mat moisturizer, it does work wonderfully, it's also got some sunscreen in it, right? I love that stuff however it's kind of expensive!

As for accutane, I really am not a big fan of pumping chemicals into my stomach(I'm one of those health-freaks smile.gif, I've considered it couple of times, but my derm thinks that my acne is on retreat, I really am scared of accutane anyway, I was doing some reading about some bad cases with accutane, they were terrifying, I've got allergies towards most of the antibiotics out there too, anyway pills stress me out. smile.gif but thanks for the suggestion.

I've just started using neutrogena's oil free cleanser, it's got 2% SA along with Bactopur cleanser(I use this before sleeping, it seems to make my skin feel good), also a thin stick that contains AHA and glycolic acid that treats spots, I think it dries the whiteheads quicker, and a topical erythromyacin(sp?) for pimples.

Also I use Vichy hydrating care anti-imperfections for my forehead, it seems to add a thin layer that absorbs all the excess oil. I think the hydra+mat works the same, no?

My current regimen concentrates mainly on absorbing the excess oil and treating spots... I really hope it works well. smile.gif

Also I don't mean that the regimen is BAD or anything, I just didn't find it effective against clogged pores. my brother has been using the regimen for his nose and it's cleared up all his cysts there.

If anyone knows any effective regimen for whiteheads and blackheads, please let me know, like give me the name of the products and stuff!

Thank you!

The Hydra+ Mat has some sort of UVA/UVB and free radical blockers. It is not sunscreen and no SPF is listed on the label but it does say "UVA/UVB free radical filters" Hydra+ Mat does have oil absorbers in it but what makes it so great is the ingredient called Elubiol which works to stop oil production in the areas applied. It works over time with repeated application and is similar to the ingredient that is in Nizoral shampoo that has been effective for people with acne who wash their face with the shampoo. Do a search for Elubiol on Google and it should have more info. All I know is that it works and I have never had anything so effective. It is pricey, I pay $28.00 Canadian for a small 40ml bottle. As far as the accutane is concerned, I too am a health freak but my skin really bothers me and I was depressed about it. The benefits for me outweigh the possible negatives (which would be rare at such a small dosage) and I am happy about my skin for the first time in years. I take care of myself, eat a low fat diet, many, many vitamins and antioxidants and I take milk thistle which is scientifically proven to protect the liver from damage, and drink dandelion root tea which is also proven to support the liver. Milk thistle is the only compound in the world, better than any drug available in the medical community that can heal damaged liver cells, protect them from further damage, and regenerate liver cells. Hospitals give it to patients that have suffered from accidental poison mushroom ingestion. The point is if you are safe, sensible and never drink alcohol when on it you are fine. But to each their own and I was merely posting my experience and what worked wonders for me since you sounded like you had the same kind of skin as me (blackheads, clogged pores) and not full blown acne.

^ hey avron, listen to me: i gone through that phase too! i think u are making a mistake by quitting this. the reason it is wrinky a bit and makes your face really tight is because the bp is'nt fully absorbed!

you must rub it in untill the bp goes inside your pores. if it is making your skin tight, it means it is not fully absorbed and may probably clog your pores making worse!

take my advice or leave it.. but i was in your shoes once. im glad i didnt quit.