Notifications
Clear all

Treating Candida AND Leaky Gut

MemberMember
(@isaac-lee)

Posted : 01/16/2011 8:47 am

Alright, So I was on a strict diet for about 2-3 months consisting of only veggies, rice and chicken.

I thought that my candida would be gone.

But I feel as if it has come back.

(Acne is back, never really dissapeared, but it is worse)

(stringy saliva - Mornings)

So, I looked into it and I am going to follow a very close regimen

Can be found at http://www.thecandidadiet.com

Anyway, I was wondering, what is the best way to go about treating both Candida and Leaky Gut?

Does the site I found look pretty good?

And any extra tips??

MemberMember
(@q_p)

Posted : 01/16/2011 9:30 am

The way your saliva floats in a glass of water has nothing to do with your intestinal health. Judge your progress by actual digestive symptoms.

If you want to fix your gut, the best diets for doing so are GAPS, SCD, and paleo, with lots of bone broth. There is a lot of overlap between them. The candida diet is overly restrictive and most people don't need to go nearly that far to heal.

MemberMember
(@isaac-lee)

Posted : 01/16/2011 12:50 pm

Oh, haha, well, I guess I didnt mention that I have ALOT of problems and symptoms/

I feel very tired when excersicing or working out.

I also fell lots of abdominal pains and such.

And really fatigued in the day

I have in the past taken steroid inhalers for asthma and I have in the past ate multiple large meals a day consisting of LOTS of carb (wheat, and sugars and stuff)

MemberMember
(@peter-scott)

Posted : 04/29/2019 8:49 am

Do you know someone who cured the leaky gut and candida acne eating only non starched vegetables, fish, chicken, meat, without using probiotic capsules, without using l glutamine, but eating too: beans, brown rice, fruits everyday?

Who have leaky gut said have these symptoms: pain in the belly, floating and gases. So, if someone have only the acne, folliculitis and dermatitis on the body without other symptoms, dont have leaky gut and dont need to do the leaky gut diet with L glutamine and probiotic capsules, right?

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 04/30/2019 7:19 pm

You CANNOT cure candida with diet. Glutamine will make candida worse. Certain foods will make candida worse - gluten, yeast, dairy, sugar, processesd foods and preservatives, but I repeat - you CANNOt cure candida with diet. You have to use topical antifungals for skin candida and oral antifungals for internal candida.

Leaky gut is largely (not entirely) a myth.

MemberMember
(@peter-scott)

Posted : 04/30/2019 11:01 pm

Only acne on the body started after eat dairy, white sugar, gluten, wheat, rice, industrialized food, canned food, coffee, dont mean leaky gut?

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/01/2019 12:21 am

NO, those factors do not mean leaky gut.

You also took ibuprofen, and you have not advised yet whether you also took antibiotics etc. Furthermore, some of the foods you have been eating(gluten, processed/preserved foods) cause inflammation, which occurs through normal digestion and assimilation, not through "leaky gut".

See my other post.