Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zampella

How to Distinguish a Nodule?

Starting about this week, a large red bump appeared on my face. It now has a white dot on the top. I've had something like this before and it lasted for months. Is it a nodule?

post-144129-1295165664_thumb.png

post-144129-1295165664_thumb.png

I'm 99% sure that's a nodule. I had one too. The white dot didn't come right away, it took like 3 weeks. Once it did, it broke open in the shower, and seemed to go away pretty quick. Of course I still have the huge red mark left over, buts its flat. Hope that helped.

Once the white dot came and then opened up a little, I steamed my face, washed my face, and put neosporin on. The next day, the whitehead was a big larger, so I poked it with a needle, and steamed my face again. I just kept repeating the cycle for about week. It got to the point where I could squeeze the gross stuff out and it healed super quick. Maybe you're more patient then I am, but nodules seem to last way too long and I HAVE to get rid of them. Honestly, steaming for me has been absolutely amazing. Hope I helped you.

Last time I got a nodule, a whitehead developed that broke slightly. There was a lot of pressure and I had a scar that resembled a line.