Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maelstrom209

Did laser treatment work for you?

I've been plagued by acne throughout my twenties. I'm 28 going to be 29 in March. I've done topical medications and oral medications but nothing seems to stop acne from coming back. I have a pretty bad breakout over the last couple months due mostly likely to stress. Lots going on in my personal and professional life. I never really wanted to do laser treatment but I'm starting to consider it as my last option. I don't know anything about laser treatment so I wanted to ask other people here who've had it done. Did it work for you? What did you try?

I will talk to my derm about this but wanted to at least educate myself so that I can have good questions to ask them. For one thing, one place I've been to told me that they use the laser to basically kill the sebaceous gland so that it stops producing oil. I may have heard wrong or remember incorrectly. This was many years ago. Since then I have not revisited the option to do laser. I'm sure I probably was mistaken. Thanks for any feedback!

I've been plagued by acne throughout my twenties. I'm 28 going to be 29 in March. I've done topical medications and oral medications but nothing seems to stop acne from coming back. I have a pretty bad breakout over the last couple months due mostly likely to stress. Lots going on in my personal and professional life. I never really wanted to do laser treatment but I'm starting to consider it as my last option. I don't know anything about laser treatment so I wanted to ask other people here who've had it done. Did it work for you? What did you try?

I will talk to my derm about this but wanted to at least educate myself so that I can have good questions to ask them. For one thing, one place I've been to told me that they use the laser to basically kill the sebaceous gland so that it stops producing oil. I may have heard wrong or remember incorrectly. This was many years ago. Since then I have not revisited the option to do laser. I'm sure I probably was mistaken. Thanks for any feedback!

All lasers eventually age your skin 7x faster than normal...I don't recommend it. I've personally had very bad results because of lasers. Do intensive research beforehand. What I ended up doing last year was going to a dermatologist and she prescribed a 'gel' (for lack of a better word) that contains menthol, camphor and something that begins with DEC, but I can't remember the name of it. You'd need to consult a derm to find out. Anyway, I was using it for three months and my face completely cleared-up! I was shocked as nothing had ever worked before. It has been 2 months since I stopped using it and my face is still free and clear of acne. Hope this helps somewhat.

I work for a medical spa and I have seen tremendous results from lasers. I regularly get micro-laser peels. You can have a profractional done if your acne scars are deeper. I recomend them. I would start off with a light peel and then work your way up to deeper peels. I just had one yesterday and I can't wait till next week when I see my results. Last time I had one I received so many compliments on my skin. So I highly recommend them!

Candela Smoothbeam (for oil control and old acne scars) and Vbeam (to fight acne and redness) lasers may be helpful to you. You can do a search online and find out info about them.

Best, Shantelle

Edited by Shantelle